1) Text messages have a 98% open rate, while email has only a 20% open rate.
2) Text messaging has a 45% response rate, while email only has a 6% response rate.
3) 90% of all text messages are read in less than 3 minutes
4) 75% of phones worldwide (4.5 billion) are text-enabled
5) The average adult spends a total of 23 hours a week texting
6) The average Millennial exchanges an average of 67 text messages per day
7) Only 43% of smartphone owners use their phone to make calls, but over 70% of smartphone user text
8) Different industries and their SMS response rates during the first 15 minutes:
- Retail: 32%
- Betting & Trading: 33%
- Entertainment: 37%
- Travel & Transportation: 54%
- Finance & Banking: 57%
9) Applying SMS marketing techniques is predicted to contribute a 40% growth rate of revenues by 2017.
10) SMS campaigns have over 7 times greater performance than email campaigns.
11) Coupons delivered via SMS have redemption rates 10 times higher than those of printed coupons.
12) It takes the average person 90 minutes to respond to email, but only 90 seconds to respond to a text message.
13) Over 50% of mobile search users decided to make a purchase based on the results of their search.
14) Only about 10% of SMS marketing messages received are considered spam.
15) 79% of companies believe customers want SMS/text support.
16) 80% of people are currently using texting for business.
17) 75% of people would like to have offers sent to them via SMS.[su_box title=”More From DSIM” box_color=”#c7c7c7″ title_color=”#000000″ radius=”5″]1) CASE STUDY: How Shaadi.com started as an experiment became leader in the online matrimonial industry?
Watch DSIM Trainees Celebrating Last Day of Batch