Last updated on November 27th, 2016 at 04:06 pm
Consumer Internet Industry
1) Skrilo founded by Manish Sinha: This mobile marketing & rewards platform has $1.5 million in seed round from angel investors including Anuj Srivastava and Arvind Tiku. The startup plans to use the raised capital for marketing its reward program to the consumers and building on its visionary product pipeline, which is centered on providing a compelling value proposition for the brands and businesses.
2) RentoMojo founded by Geetansh Bamania: This online home appliances and furniture rental startup has raised $5 million in Series A funding from IDG Ventures and Accel Partners.
3) iServe Financial founded by Dipak Samanta, Rahul Bhaik, Krishna Iyer, and Sasanka Panda: This startup has raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding from a group of investors including Nilesh Shah. The startup plans to use the funds to further improve its online platform’s reach and penetration to take on its rivals such as BankBazaar and PaisaBazaar.
4) Tax2Win founded by Abhishek Soni, Vertika Kedia and Shishant Todi: This income tax filing portal Tax2Win has raised around $1 million from an undisclosed business house. The startup will use the funds for marketing, research & development, and improving existing technology.
5) UrDoorStep founded by Dinesh Malpani: This on-demand delivery portal has raised a bridge round of funding of $447K led by CP Murali. The raised funds will be used for expansion plans in Bangalore.
6) MyTaxiIndiafounded by Anshuman Mihir, Mohit Rajpal, Satyakam Rahul, Vikas: An inter-city cab rental platform, MyTaxiIndia has raised $1 million in a bridge round of funding from existing investor Nihon Kotsu. The startup will use the raised funds for expanding its services in Tier-II and Tier-III cities.
7) Wiwigo founded by Sunil Chaula: This inter-city taxi service provider has raised $600K funding from Indian Angel Network (IAN) and two HNIs. IAN Investors, Priyank Shankar Garg and Harsh Chitale led the funding round. The startup will use the newly raised funds to expand its operations to over 100 cities by the end of this year.
8) Treebo Hotels founded by Sidharth, Rahul Chaudhary and Kadam Jeet Jain: This budget accommodation hotel startup has raised $16.7 million in Series B funding led by Bertelsmann India Investments (BII). The round also saw participation of existing investors SAIF Partners and Matrix Partners India. The latest infusion of funds takes the total capital raised by the company till date to $22.3 million.
9) Yellowdig founded by Shaunak Roy: SRI Capital invested about $1.3 million combined in SaaS startup Yellowdig. The company helps establish knowledge communities, increase students’ knowledge of current affairs related to coursework.
10) Zuppler founded by Shiva Srinivasan: SRI Capital invested undisclosed amount in Zuppler. It is a mobile and web-based food ordering platform. Headquartered in Conshohocken, PA., the company provides white labeled technology with unlimited customizations to its clients.
11) Deal4Loans founded by Rishi Mehra: This retail loans marketplace Deal4Loans has raised $15 million from Franklin Templeton International Services India. The startup will use the funds to develop intellectual property, build an investment platform and expand the small business loans category.
12) Applop founded by Rahul Singhal: This SAAS provider that enables users to make their own mobile app, has raised a bridge round of funding from GHV Accelerator. The startup has received about $250K so far and plans to close this round at $500K.
13) Dogsee Chew founded by Bhupendra Khanal: This Dog food e-tailer has secured $297K in an angel round of funding. The investment was led by Renu Balyan, and Jyotsna Bapat. The raised funds will be used for expansion of product portfolio and exports.
14) Bluestone founded by Gaurav Singh Kushwaha: This online jewellery startup has raised about $30 million in Series D round of funding. IIFL, Accel Partners along with Kalaari Capital, RB Investments and IvyCap Ventures participated in this round. The newly raised funds will be utilized to grow the category and strengthen its leadership position.
15) SimplyMoveIn founded by Yash Singh, Nitin Bighane and Ahmed Shabib: This Bangalore-based startup is an online marketplace for curated rental properties and has raised an undisclosed amount in angel funding from Hong Kong-based investment firm Swastika Company Ltd. The funds will be used for hiring across verticals, marketing, augmenting the technology backbone and geographical expansion.
16) AbeRuk founded by Sidharth Shankar and Sidharth Kumar: This Bangalore-based curated marketplace for used books has raised an undisclosed amount in angel funding from Swastika Company Pvt. Ltd. The funding will be used for scaling up operations, expanding seller base and augmenting the technology backbone.
17) underDOGS founded by Vaibhav Chavan: This game development company has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Intelli Reboot Digital. The alliance aims at acquiring a significant stake in underDOGS as well as to utilize its team strength to develop games together.
18) ImageProVision founded by Prithviraj Jadhav and Sandeep Kulkarni: This image analysis startup has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from angel investor Satish Jamdar. The startup plans to use the funds raised towards further strengthening their presence within the pharma sector and tapping into more clients.
19) Sagacito founded by Ravi Dhariwal and Arunabh Das Sharma: This Data science and analytics startup has raised close to $10 million from Star India Pvt. Ltd. With the new round of funding the company plans to ramp up its team and drive its aggressive product development and geographic expansion plans.
20) NiYO Solutions founded by Vinay Bagri and Virender Bisht: This startup is a payroll and benefits firm and has raised $1 million by venture capital firm, Prime Venture Partners. The startup will use the raised funds to expand its tech and sales team to 40 in the next six months.
Food & Beverage Industry
21) Drums Food founded by Mirchandani, chef Ganesh Krishnamoorthy, Milap Shah and Uday Thakker: The startup has raised $6.6 million in a Series A round of funding led by Belgian investment firm Verlinvest. Early-stage investment firm DSG Consumer Partners came in as a new investor in this round. The company, which makes Epigamia Greek yoghurt, will use the fund for hiring professionals, expanding production capacity and investing in supply chain.
22) Fingerlix founded by Shripad Nadkarni: This food startup is set up with an initial investment of $1.3 million from Maverix Platforms and has also brought on board Santosh Desai and few other investors. The startup will sell ready-to-cook foods such as curries, batter and mixes in Mumbai, to begin with.
23) Truckola founded by Raghav Himatsingka and Vipul Garg: This tech focused logistics startup has raised $595K from angel investors via LetsVenture. The round was led by Abhishek Agarwal. The startup plans to use the funds to optimize the transport ecosystem and make the business model operationally scalable.