Consumer Internet Industry
1) Tiyo: This health-tech startup has raised $120K in angel funding from Anish K & Ajith Nair. The startup plans to use the newly raised funds to further develop their patient care technology and consolidate sales efforts. It plans to foray into Tier I and II markets by 2017.
2) IStyleYou: Bollywood and TV celebrity Rannvijay Singh has invested an undisclosed amount in IStyleYou, a mobile app to deliver personalized styling service. Rannvijay will also be endorsing the brand.
3) Modasta: This health content and queries platform has raised $1.5 million from Mauritius-based high net worth individuals (HNIs). The startup plans to use the funds for business growth, technology upgradation, talent acquisition and marketing outreach activities.
4) Square Plums: Shared accommodation startup, Square Plums has raised $446K in a funding round led by IAN. As a part of deal, VGN Prakash will be joining the company’s board. The raised funds will be used for expansion plans in five cities including Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai, Pune and Hyderabad. The startup also plans to launch its app soon.
5) Byndr: This mobile learning management platform has raised $700K in seed funding from the Education Design Studio, Ben Franklin Technology Partners, and a group of angel investors.
6) Fella Homes: This fully furnished home rental service startup has raised a seed funding of $2 million from unnamed investors. The startup plans to utilize the newly raised capital in acquiring new properties and tenants, team building and product development.
7) ZoomCar: Self-drive car rental venture ZoomCar has raised $25 million in Series C funding led by Ford Motor Company. Its existing investor Sequoia Capital along with new investor, Reliance Ventures also participated in the round.
8) Qwikcilver: This gift card tech startup has raised an undisclosed amount of funding led by Sistema Asia Fund. Its existing investors, Amazon Asia-Pacific, Accel India and Helion Venture Partners, also participated in the round.
9) WakoW: This hyperlocal buddy finder and social network has raised $141K funding in second angel round from an undisclosed angel investor, primarily dealing with a traditional jewelry business.
10) Qdesk: This workspace rental platform has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Anurag Jaipuria, Ruchirans Jaipuria and Rishi Kajaria. Its existing investors also participated in this round. The raised funds will be used to expand its presence in Mumbai and Bangalore. It also plans to enhance its marketing and technology backbone.
11) GoCoop: This social marketplace, from where users can buy and source handmade apparels, home furnishings, fabrics, crafts directly from weavers and artisans, has raised an undisclosed amount in Series A funding from Kris Gopalakrishnan and Saha Fund.
12) AppSay: This business communication platform has raised seed funding of $150K from Venture Catalysts. The round was led by Shreyans Shah and Mayank Shah of Toyochem Laboratories. The startup plans to work with the BFSI sector to help protect customer information, privacy and choice.
13) BigDeal: Venture capital firm EVC Ventures invested an undisclosed amount in Pre-Series A round in BigDeal, an exclusive student deals platform. The startup will use the fund to expand the team, further enhance technology and customer & merchant acquisition.
14) SimplyMoveIn: The startup which operates online marketplace for curated rental properties has raised an undisclosed amount in angel funding from Hong Kong-based investment firm Swastika Company Ltd. The company will use the funds for hiring talents across marketing, strengthening technology and expand geographically.
15) MaxWholesale: This B2B commerce and supply chain platform has raised $150K in a seed round of funding led by investment bank Maple Capital Advisors. The startup plans to use the funds to scale existing operations and strengthen its technology platform.
16) 10i Commerce Services: This e-commerce startup has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Nandan Nilekani. With the newly raised capital, the startup plans to expand across hundreds of towns and cities in India and empower traditional small retail stores with its technology platform, ShopX.
17) Lucideus: This cyber security focused startup has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Sanjay Baweja. The team is working on a product, which is currently in pilot mode and expected to launch soon.
18) Lemon Leaf: This fresh fruit and vegetable supply chain startup has raised $133K in first external round of funding. The investment was secured from angel investors, Saurabh Sahni and Tushar Gupta. The startup plans to utilize the raised capital to develop its manufacturing facility in Dwarka and build up sales.
19) Neuron: This machine learning platform for text analysis has raised angel funding of $200K led by Harvinder Singh Bhatia and Vinners group of angels. The company plans to use the funds for its R&D in machine learning and natural language processing and hire the best talent pool for machine learning and artificial intelligence.