Last updated on October 15th, 2016 at 11:55 am
Consumer Internet Industry
1) Gaia Smart Cities founded by Sumit D Chowdhury and Bipin Pradeep Kumar: This New Delhi-based IoT marketplace has raised $300K in an angel funding round. The investment was led by Devang Mehta and Sandeep Shetty. The raised funds will be utilized for product development targeted at smart city initiatives, and demonstrations & pilots for various clients.
2) Sheroes founded by Sairee Chahal: This Delhi-based job and career platform for women has raised $1.8 million in Series A funding. The investment was led by Lumis Partners along with the participation of The HR Fund and angel investor Rajul Garg. Existing investor, Raghav Bahl led Quintillion Media also participated in the round. The raised funds will be used to further enhance technological innovation, expand opportunities for work from the home initiative.
3) DailyNinja founded by Sagar Yarnalkar and Anurag Gupta: This Bangalore-based hyperlocal mobile solution for all subscription based daily needs has raised an undisclosed amount in Pre-Series A round of funding. The investment was led by NuVentures’ Venk Krishnan. Other key investors in the round include Aprameya Radhakrishna, Anupam Mittal, Kunal Shah, Tracxn Labs, Subramanya SV, and Ravi Garkipati. The startup will use the raised funds primarily to upgrade operations and expand the customer base.
4) Repaireasy founded by Rishi Wahi and Naveen Goyal: This Pune-based online gadget and mobile phone repair platform has raised an undisclosed amount in a funding round led by a consortium of international and domestic investors including Morris Street Advisors (MSA) and P. Krishnamurthy, former vice chairman of JM Morgan Stanley. The company will use the raised funds to power up its technology infrastructure, strengthen customer support, develop new value-added services, and fuel expansion.
5) Petoo founded by Kumar Setu, Ritesh Dwivedi and Abhishek Mandal: This Bangalore-based food-tech startup has raised $500K in a new funding round led by its existing investors and high-net-worth individuals (HNIs) through online deal-making platform LetsVenture. The raised funds will be used to fuel its ongoing food research initiatives and to roll out its new products across the country.
6) Flickbay founded by Trishant Sidhwani, Vishal Ramchandani and Nirmit Parikh: The film discovery app Flickbay, backed by Bollywood actor and movie director Farhan Akhtar, has raised funding in a seed round. The investment was led by Paul Roy, chairman of Dubai-based Riva Digital. The team has plans to use the data generated from the app to help filmmakers make better, data-driven decisions.
7) Tokri founded by Kansa and Ishant Goyal: This Pune-based hyperlocal delivery startup Thas raised $2.5 million in Pre-Series A round of funding from Syska LED group. It plans to use the raised funds in improving technology, brand building and marketing. A part of the fund will also be used to set up warehouses in Pune and other cities.
8) VST Travels founded by Alvin George: This Kerala-based travel startup has raised about $27K in funding from a Dubai-based Promatus Group. The funding will support the company to develop and market its application called VehicleST.
9) Voonik founded by Sujayath Ali and Navaneetha Krishnan: This e-commerce marketplace has raised $3 million in venture debt financing from InnoVen Capital. The latest round of fundraising follows closely on the heels of its Series B investment of $20 million led by venture capital firm Sequoia Capital.
10) HealthKart founded by Sameer Maheshwari and Prashant Tandon: This Gurgaon-based e-commerce platform for health products has raised $12 million in its Series E round of funding. The investment was led by existing investor Sequoia Capital India, with participation from Omidyar Network and Kae Capital. The raised funds will be used to enhance marketing initiatives, with investments in its assistance and content capabilities, portfolio expansion into additional nutrition segments and offline expansion.
Health Care Industry
11) Medinfi founded by Ravi Shankar Mishra: This Bangalore-based healthcare platform for searching doctors and hospitals through web and mobile app, has raised an undisclosed amount from three angel investors, including Rajnish Sinha, senior vice president at Genpact.
12) Tricog founded by Dr Charit Bhoraj, Zainul Charbiwala, Udayan Dasgupta and Abhinav Gujjar: This Bangalore-based healthcare analytics company has raised an undisclosed amount in Series A round of funding. The investment was led by Inventus Capital Partners, Blume Ventures and a host of angel investors. The raised funds will be used to further develop technology and market reach of the company.
Food & Beverage Industry
13) YumLane founded by Hitesh Ahuja: This Mumbai-based foodtech startup has raised $1 million in a Seed funding round led by Flipkart CEO Binny Bansal. Other investors that participated in the round were Anupam Mittal, Sachin Bhatia, Darius Pandole, Kunal Khattar and Dheerag Jain. The raised funds will be used for enhancing marketing and further brand building.