Last updated on October 8th, 2016 at 02:13 pm
Consumer Internet Industry
1) Faircent founded by Rajat Gandhi: This P2P lending platform has raised $1.5 million from Brand Capital, the ad-for-equity investment arm of conglomerate, Bennett Coleman and Co. (BCCL). It will use the raised funds to reach more borrowers and lenders.
2) Gennext Students founded by Girish Ballolla: This technology-enabled student platform has raised $209K from 1Crowd, a crowdfunding platform for startups. The funding will be used to build technology, expand its team, and for scaling marketing strategies.
3) 91springboard founded by Varun Chawla, Pranay Gupta and Anand Vemuri: This co-working space provider 91springboard raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Khattar Holdings, and ThirtyThree Investments. Other investors who participated in this round include angel investor Soumitra Sharma, Deepak Sharma, and Sumit Dayal. The raised funds will be used for expansion of the company, building tech capabilities, and to increase operational efficiency and enhance the community building.
4) Vebbler founded by Sahil Bhagat: This photo sharing platform raised $500K in a new round of funding. The investment was led by 16 investors which include Anupam Mittal, Founder & CEO of People Group, Sharad Sharma Co-Founder of iSpirt, Venkat Raju CEO of Kyron Accelerator, Pranav Pai & Siddarth Pai Founding Partners of 3one4 Capital, among others. The funding will be used to manage operations, optimization of product and expanding the team.
5) Travelyaari founded by Aurvind Lama: This online bus booking platform has closed $7 million in Series B funding round. The raised funds will be used to further augment its service network and increase the online penetration.
6) Funcastic founded by Vivekraj Shah and Surpreet Singh: This podcast aggregator startup has raised undisclosed amount of seed funding from HT Media’s startup accelerator. The raised funds will be used for technology development and product marketing.
7) Zipgrid founded by Jaydip Popat and Kunal Gupta: This community services platform has raised $200K in equity financing from 1Crowd, a crowdfunding ecosystem for startups. The funding will be used to expand its footprint, team and invest in strengthening their technology and operations. It will aim to tap into the potential of ‘collective commerce’ catering to household services.
8) Wefly founded by Amit Patel and Shailesh Vinod Kocharekar: This Mumbai-based company which manufactures axial fans for indoor skydiving equipment and is also into developing and promoting activities related to aerosports, has secured an undisclosed amount in investment from Hong Kong-based investment firm Swastika Company Ltd.
9) Zenoti founded by Sudheer Koneru and Dheeraj Koneru: This cloud-based service provider has raised $15 million funding in a round led by Norwest Venture Partners. Existing investor Accel India also participated in the round. The raised funds will be used to expand operations in the US and Europe along with an attempt to increase the client base, develop new products and workforce.
10) Crofarm founded by Prashant Jain and Varun Khurana: This tech-based agricultural supply chain has raised $1.5 million in seed funding from Mukul Singhal and Rohit Jain,former Principals at SAIF Partners. Angel investors including Himanshu Aggrawal, co-founder and CEO of Aspiring Minds; Ashish Gupta, former COO, Evalueserve; and Sunil Goyal, VP at Paytm also participated in the round. The funding will be used to establish their presence in Tier II markets and operate in 10 cities over the next two years.
11) AdPushup founded by Ankit Oberoi and Atul Agarwal: This ad revenue optimization platform has raised an undisclosed amount in Series A round of funding. The investment was led by Japan-based ad-tech company Geniee Inc., who is a major shareholder in SoftBank Group Corp. Existing investors along with Chicago-based investment firm Purvi Capital also participated in the round. The company will use the funds to increase team size as well as expand its operations by accommodating integration with more ad networks and WordPress-independent websites.
12) Cuberoot Technologies founded by Atul Soni: This Gurgaon-based data-driven technology company has raised nearly $500K from undisclosed investors. The startup will use the funds to expand business across the country and scale up growth parameters.
13) Innovaccer founded by Kanav Hasija, Abhinav Shashank, Sandeep Gupta and Sandeep K Gupta: This Big Data startup has raised $15.6 million in Series A led by Westbridge Capital Partners with participation by other angel investors. With this, Sumir Chadha, Managing Director of Westbridge will join the board of the company.
14) Zeolr founded by Roshit Gopinath and Ajay kumar Saini: IIM Ahmedabad’s Centre for Innovation Incubation and Entrepreneurship (CIIE) has invested an undisclosed amount in this healthcare startup Zeolr. With this, CIIE aims to set in motion its active involvement in Healthcare IoT.
15) Mojarto founded by Manisha Lath Gupta along with Tara Roy: Founded in December 2015, NDTV’s e-commerce marketplace for art discovery Mojarto.com has raised $445K in its first round of funding from undisclosed investors. The funding came through NDTV’s subsidiary OnArt Quest Ltd.
16) Bombay Shaving Company founded by Shantanu Deshpande, Rohit Jaiswal, Deepu Panicker and Raunak Munot: This online portal for men’s grooming has raised $600K in an angel funding round from 25+ investors. The investment was led by former Vice Chairman of TCS and advisor to the Prime Minister Subramanian Ramadorai and McKinsey India MD Noshir Kaka. The raised funds will be used to extend product lines and categories.
Health Care Industry
17) Mobident founded by Dr. Devaiah and Vivek Madappa: This healthcare startup offers ‘Dental Cliniq in a suitcase’, and has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from IM Ahmedabad’s Centre for Innovation Incubation and Entrepreneurship (CIIE). With Mobident, CIIE hopes to test the waters in the home care innovation space and foray into more asset-light models that address key barriers in making healthcare ubiquitous.