Consumer Internet Industry
1) Quikr founded by Pranay Chulet: This online classified platform has raised $19.4 million in a debt financing round led by Brand Capital, the private treaty arm of media company Bennett, Coleman and Co. Ltd (BCCL).
2) OYO founded by Ritesh Agarwal: this Gurgaon-based budget hotel aggregator has raised over $62 million from Japan’s SoftBank Group Corp. OYO’s pre-money valuation stands at $400 million. Existing investors Greenoaks Capital, Sequoia Capital and Lightspeed Venture Partners did not participate in this round of funding.
3) Hike founded by Kavin Bharti Mittal: This internet-based cross-platform instant messaging service has raised $175 million in Series D round of funding, at a valuation of $1.4 Bn. The investment was led by Tencent Holdings and Foxconn Technology Group.
4) Gradopedia founded by Hitesh Awtaney: This Mumbai-based career discovery & assessment platform has raised an undisclosed round of seed funding. The investment was led by Dubai-based investors. The raised funds will be used to build in-house technology.
5) Makkajai founded by Abhishek Awadhani, Vinay Patankar, Roopesh Shenoy and Deep Shah: This ed-tech firm has raised $200K in its seed round from angel investors Snapdeal‘s former chief product officer and angel investor, Anand Chandrasekaran. Makkajai is building an adaptive learning platform comprising deeply engaging educational games and learning analytics. The company claims that its Monster Math suite of games has achieved 1.5 million downloads with 100,000 monthly users.
6) Ziffity founded by Vinod Kankaria and Sajish M Balan: This Chennai-based digital agency has raised an undisclosed amount from Technology solutions provider Aspire Systems. The funding will be used for expanding the team, and scaling training & development.
7) Nhance founded by Indranil Sarkar and Anant Gupta: This personalized mobile learning platform which transforms learning content into interactive games, has raised seed funding of $300K. The investment was led by Mohan Lakhamraju, vice chairman, Great Lakes Institute of Management and Ex-MD, Tiger Global Management.
8) Digio founded by Abhinav Parashar and Sanket Nayak: This Bangalore based, tech focused digital signature-enabling platform has raised $375K from online discount firm Zerodha. The raised funds will be used for hiring purposes and for operational activities over the next 12-14 months.
9) Sesame Software founded by Vinod VC: This Kozhikode-based financial technology solutions provider has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from US-based IT company Speridian Technologies. The funding will be used for enhancing Sesame Software’s industry presence.
10) Zipi founded by Varun Singh Bothiyal, Sumay Dubey, Sukrat Ray, Pranav Singhi and Siddharth Ray: This chat-based platform allowing users to avail end-to-end services through its interactive app has raised an undisclosed amount from Swan Angel Network. The raised funds will be used to accelerate sales and tech development.
11) Appknox founded by Harshit Agarwal, Prateek Panda and Subho Halder: This Singapore-headquartered cloud-based mobile security solution has raised $651K funds in a Pre-Series A round. The investment was led by SeedPlus, a seed stage VC firm backed by Jungle Ventures, Infocomm Investments, Accel Partners, and RNT Associates. The raised funds will be used to mark its entry in the Southeast Asia market.
12) Zappfresh founded by Shruti Gochhwal and Deepanshu Manchanda: This Gurgaon-based raw meat etailer has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Ashvin Chadha and an undisclosed angel investor. The funds will be used in hiring talent.
13) Salebhai founded by Purba, Vishwavijay Singh, Pramod Rao, Gopal Shukla, and Anand Prakash Varani: This Ahmedabad-based etailer for regional goods has raised $1.5 million from Times Group’s Brand Capital. The raised funds will be used to promote and advertise the brand.
14) Buttercups founded by Arpita Ganesh: This Bangalore-based online lingerie brand has raised an undisclosed amount in a funding round led by Anand Chandrasekaran and existing investors Kanwaljit Singh and Manoj Varghese. The raised funds will help Buttercups to accelerate its growth plan, both offline and online.
15) Joolz founded by Arnaud Lorie: This Mumbai-based jewelry community and the marketplace has raised $493K in a Pre-Series A round. The funding was led by ah! Ventures with participation from other investors which includes Brittman India CEO Mahesh Ahuja, Powerhouse Ventures MD Sri Peddu, M&S Partners, Ola Cabs ex-CFO Deepak Kasthwal, Cleartrip ex Technology Head PKX Thomas, and Neha Shah. The startup will use the funding to boost operations, products, marketing, and further building up its team.
16) Meesho founded by Vidit Aatrey and Sanjeev Barnwal: This Bangalore-based app which helps merchants to manage their ecommerce businesses on WhatsApp and Facebook has raised an undisclosed amount of funding. The investment was led by a group of angels including VH Capital, Kashyap Deorah, Rajul Garg, Oyo Rooms’ Maninder Gulati, Abhishek Jain, Jaspreet Bindra among others.
17) Maalgaadi founded by Anirudh Garg and Saurabh Raj: This Indore-based Internet-based service platform for cargo transportation has raised $375K from Swan Angel Network, Sachin Khandelwal, and other investors. The raised funds will be used to explore the intra-city logistics market.