Last updated on October 6th, 2016 at 05:33 pm
Consumer Internet Industry
1) Zzungry founded by Ashish Kalya, Subash Baliga and Sandeep Rana: This Bangalore based Food-tech startup has raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding from Silicon Valley-based entrepreneurs Satish Vasudeva, Madhusudhan Jujare and a group of other individual investors. The funds raised will be used towards unit expansion and building revenue channels.
2) TAC Security founded by Trishneet Arora: This Cybersecurity solutions provider has raised an undisclosed amount of Pre-Series A funding from Vijay Kedia. He will also join the company’s Board of Directors as the Non-Executive Independent Director.
3) Notesgen founded by Manak Gulati: This New Delhi based students notes exchange marketplace has raised $100K angel funding from Riju Gupta, CEO of JuiceUp and other angel investors (Kamal Chhabra). The raised funds will be used to launch an app for Windows, create new content discovery channels, and partner with more educators.
4) NearU founded by Hemanth Meka Rao: This Mumbai based O2O startup has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Dr. Goutam Challagalla, international marketing guru and professor at IMD Business School, Switzerland. The team will utilize the expertise and knowledge of Dr. Challagalla for its future marketing plans and expansion in international regions.
5) NearFox founded by Kiran Patil and Pritesh Mittal: This Mumbai based local lifestyle content and discovery platform has raised an undisclosed amount from Globevestor Angel Fund, CoverFox CTO Devendra Rane, GenY Medium co-founder Ravi Jain, and Craftsvilla Product VP Arpan Nagdeve, among others. The startup will utilize the funds for expanding the team and launching operations in more geographies.
6) MobiKwik founded by Upasana Taku and Bipin Preet Singh: This Gurgaon based mobile wallet company has signed a subscription agreement with South Africa-based Net1 UEPS Technologies, Inc. As part of the strategic partnership, Net1 will invest $40 million in MobiKwik. Also, its card technology will be integrated across all MobiKwik wallets.
7) Crownit founded by Sameer Grover: This Gurgaon based local merchant discovery and privileges platform has raised an undisclosed amount of funding, The investment was led by FreeCharge founders Kunal Shah & Sandeep Tandon, Freshdesk founder Girish Mathrubootham, and former Snapdeal CPO Anand Chandrasekaran.
8) ShaadiSaga founded by Himanshu Kapsime and Manish Garg: This Delhi based wedding service marketplace has raised an undisclosed amount in Pre-Series A round of funding led by ah! Ventures. Anupam Mittal, Kunal Shah & Sandeep Tandon, Dheeraj Jain, Rohit Chokhani also participated in this round along with a few other angel investors. The recent fund infusion will be utilized to increase the partner’s base associated with the platform. It will also be investing in building technologies to ensure higher conversion rates.
9) Unacademy founded by Dr. Roman Saini: This Bangalore based online learning platform has raised an additional $1 million funding in a second round of external investment. The round was led by Blume Ventures, along with Stanford Angels India, and WaterBridge Ventures. The funds raised in this round will be infused towards product, technology, research and development, and hiring.
10) Encashea founded by Harshal Chaudhari, Rahul Jaiswal and Priyank Jain: This Bangalore based end-to-end recycling solutions provider has raised an undisclosed amount in seed funding from Freecharge co-founders Kunal Shah and Sandeep Tandon, Tracxn Labs and a group of undisclosed investors. The funding will be primarily used to build its Android app, expand the team, enhance its warehousing capabilities and expand its operations in more localities of Bengaluru.
11) Octo founded by Akshaya Aron and Dipankar Sarkar: This New Delhi based analytics-driven marketing automation platform has raised Seed funding of $200K at a valuation of $1.5 million. The investment was led by a host of angel investors, which included Rohan and Arjun Malhotra (Investopad); Rahul Khanna (Trifecta Capital); Rakesh Agrawal, Sidharth Rao (WebChutney), Outbox Ventures, Rajan Navani; Gautam Gandhi (Ex-Google, Angel Investor); Jaspreet Bindra; and Gagan Duggal.
12) Advenio founded by Mausumi Acharyya: This New Delhi based clinical imaging solution provider has raised $100K from Kalaari Capital. It was the winner of the #StartupGirlsChallenge conducted by the accelerator programme last quarter.
13) EngineerBabu founded by Mayank Pratap Singh, Aditi Chourasia and Avdhesh Pratap Singh Solanki: This Indore based IT service aggregator has raised an undisclosed amount in a seed round of funding led by Scale Ventures. The raised funds will be infused in expanding its client base in US, China, Japan, and other potential countries.
14) Witworks founded by Somnath Meher, Ankit DP and Chandrashekhar Iyer: This Bengaluru based consumer IoT company has raised an undisclosed seed round of funding led by Fireside Ventures, Investopad, P39 Capital and a group of angel investors. Anupam Mittal (Shaadi.com Founder), Pranay Jivrajka (COO, Ola), Maninder Gulati (Chief of Strategy, Oyo), Abhinav Sinha (COO, Oyo Rooms) and top executives from ITC also participated in this round of funding.
15) Beyond Evolution founded by Abhishek Sharma and Shaurabh Sharma: This Gurgaon based technology solutions provider has raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding from former Micromax CEO Vineet Taneja and Kamal Puri, Chairman of UAE’s Skyline Group, Samsung and Bharti Airtel. The company will use the funding for product development as it progresses from the stage of a minimum viable product (MVP) to product feature enhancement and marketing.
16) UberDreams founded by Savan Daru: This Mumbai based experience curation platform has raised $500K funding from Mohit Lalvani, CEO of Mascot Group. The team plans to utilize the investment in expanding the list of offerings and ensuring awareness and conversions through digital marketing platforms.
17) Guarented founded by Harshwardhan Dayalbaboo Raikwar, Abhimanyu Dikshit and Prateek Agarwal: This Bangalore based rental marketplace has raised $500K from Kalaari Capital. It is committed to the ‘asset-light’ approach, and it has structured its business on minimal inventory ownership.
18) Urban Ladder founded by Ashish Goel, Rajiv Srivatsa: This Gurgaon based online furniture retailer has raised $3 million in venture debt from Trifecta Capital. Till date, it has raised about $77 million.
19) Snapdeal founded by Rohit Bansal and Kunal Bahl: This New Delhi based e-commerce giant has raised another $21 million from Luxembourg-based firm Clouse S. The current round is a part of $200 million funds raised in February this year from Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan.
20) InCred founded by Bhupinder Singh: This Mumbai based non-banking financial company has raised $75 million in a funding round led by former Deutsche Bank co-CEO Anshu Jain and private equity firms. Several other angel investors also participated in this round. Jain will join as Chairperson of the advisory board of InCred.
21) CULT founded by Deepak Poduval and Rishabh Telang: This Bangalore based healthcare startup has raised $3 million from Mukesh Bansal and Ankit Nagori’s startup CureFit. With this investment, CureFit will now own a majority stake in the startup, but CULT will continue to operate independently.
22) ConveGenius founded by Jairaj Bhattacharya and Shashank Pandey: This Singapore and India based Ed-Tech platform has raised $900K from Michael and Susan Dell Foundation. The investment is expected to further empower ConveGenius’ (CG) agenda of taking engaging, impactful education to millions of children by 2020 and nearly 90,000 children by the end of 2016 alone.