Last updated on October 6th, 2016 at 05:22 pm
Consumer Internet Industry
1) Ideachakki founded by Monica Narula, Noopur Tiwari and Gunjan Mehrish: This Delhi based food-tech venture has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Ratan Tata. It also partnered with Enablers for their next round of funding. The funds raised will primarily be used for expansion into new geography along with building the in-house team and strengthening the technology.
2) Findow founded by Zarine Ahmad Bajaj and Himanshu Kumar: This Bangalore based fashion discovery app has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Raj Singh Bhandal, Director, Next Media Works. The raised fund will be used to grow the brand in metros and key Tier II cities. It will also be used to elevate marketing and branding exercises and to reach a wider audience.
3) Glam Studios founded by Sadiya Naseem: This Noida based chain of standardized salons has raised $299K angel funding from Pradeep Mirani and others. Other investors who participated in the round included Aqeel Ahmed, Anand Ladsariya, Nitin Agarwal. The funding will be used for the company’s expansion, operations, and technology. It also aims at acquiring over 500 salons by the end of the current financial year.
4) Purple Style founded by Abhishek Agarwal: This Mumbai based personal styling startup has raised about $448K in seed funding via LetsVenture. The round was led by Augment Ventures and Rahul Kayan. Other investors who participated in this round include Nikhil Golcha; Shubham Gupta; and Roy Kwan. The startup will use the funding to further develop technology both on enterprise and end consumer side and increase the number of designers and stylists associated with the company.
5) KarmaCircles founded by Deepak Goel: This Delhi based Peer-to-peer social learning platform has raised an undisclosed amount in Seed funding at a valuation of $3 million from angel investors. Investors who participated in the round include Harinder Takhar, Zain Raj, Dr. Prasad Kaipa, Abaran Deep, Aseem Sood and Mustafa Patni. The funding will be used to increase user engagement and to roll out the enterprise version of the app.
6) Poshtick founded by Pranav Sharma and Kritik Thakur: This Noida based health & wellness startup has raised $450K funding from two HNIs, Bhavya Sharma and Amit Nagar. The funding will be utilized for product development, developing human resource capabilities and making an effective supply chain mechanism.
7) CureInstant founded by Hamraj Kumar: This Delhi based social health networking portal has raised $150K in Seed funding from Dr. Rameshwar Kumar. The funding will be used to enhance and develop the website’s network of health-tech professionals.
8) inFeedo founded by Tanmaya Jain: This Gurgaon based employee engagement platform has raised an angel round of funding led by Dheeraj Jain, Managing Partner at Redcliffe Capital, a UK-based hedge fund. The startup is planning to close the round at $150K.
9) Nearbuy founded by Ankur Warikoo, Sumeet Kapur, Snehesh Mitra, Sachin Kapur, Ankur Sarawagi and Ravi Shankar: This Gurgaon based deals and coupons website has raised about $2 million from BlackSoil Capital Private limited. The startup aims at utilizing the capital for investing in customer and merchant technology.
10) FloCareer founded by Mehul Bhatt: This Bangalore based talent acquisition startup has raised $150K Seed funding from senior officials in the technology segment from US and India. Balasubramanian Krishnamurthy, former VP-Engineering of SAP, and Sidhartha Hazarika, a technology evangelist from the US, also participated in this round. The startup will use the funding to build and strengthen its offerings. It aims to become the largest aggregator of crowd mentoring, self-learning and interview offloading.
11) ShoeKonnect founded by Siddharth Vij, Chaitanya Rathi and Siddharth Rastogi: This Agra based B2B marketplace for leather products has raised an undisclosed amount in an angel round of funding from Indian Angels Network. The firm plans to use the capital for technology enhancement, marketing, brand building, and team expansion.
12) Nykaa founded by Falguni Nayar: This Mumbai based online cosmetic and wellness retailer has raised about $12 million in a fresh round of fundraising led by Hero MotoCorp MD Sunil Munjal and the Mariwala family (Marico). A few existing investors also participated in this fourth round of fundraising. The funds will be utilized for expanding operations and to add more brands under the label.
13) LensPick founded by Dileep Chakravarthy Byra: This Bangalore based e-commerce platform for eye wear has raised a second round of funding from US-based Scadea Solutions Inc. With this round of funding, Scadea Solutions will acquire a 10% stake in LensPick at a valuation of $5 million. The funding will be used for inventory enhancement and technology up gradation, as part of the company’s plans to increase its online presence.
14) Zeroinfy founded by Rohit Bajaj, Abhishek Bajaj and Aditya Bajaj: This Kolkata based online study platform has raised an undisclosed amount in Seed funding from Calcutta Angels Network (CAN). The funding will be used for marketing and increasing the company’s outreach to Tier II and Tier III cities. It will also be used to enhance its technology and develop a mobile app. It also plans to add more courses on its platform.
15) GoPigeon founded by Deovrat Singh, Yeshu Singh and Sourav Sarkar: This Bangalore based on-demand logistics service provider has raised $1.5 million in a Pre-Series A funding round from Nexus Venture Partners. The funds will be used for strengthening the team and enhancing technology.