Consumer Internet Industry
1) Milofy founded by Arshya Lakshman: Couple socializing app Milofy, run by Bangalore-based Futuron Systems Pvt. Ltd, raised $740K in seed funding from investment firm Accel Partners. The app aims to organize socializing activities such as outdoor sports, theater, creative classes, etc., for like-minded couples.
2) Swiggy founded by Nandan Reddy, Rahul Jaimini & Sriharsha Majety: Online food ordering marketplace Swiggy has raised $15 million in a Series D round of funding led by US-based venture capital firm Bessemer Venture Partners. Earlier this year in January, the Bangalore-based startup raised $35 million. The raised fund will be utilized to fuel the company’s expansion plans, technology upgrades and for better delivery efficiency.
3) Codemojo founded by Shoaib Mohammed &Vijay Krishna: This Bangalore-based Customer Engagement Platform has raised an undisclosed investment from CIO Angel Network. The round was led by Sanjay Mehta and Manoj Chandiramani. The funding will be used for the expansion of Codemojo’s team.
4) CoLife founded by Suresh Rangarajan: CoLife, a network of shared living and working spaces, secured $1 million Seed funding from undisclosed investors. The investors participated through a structured CCD (Compulsory Convertible Debenture), as per the RoC documents. The startup plans to use the funds to support its growth plans in the coming months.
5) Khel Now founded by Dhruv Ratra: Delhi-based, Khel Now, a sports engagement platform, raised $350K in funding from Anglian Omega Network. Khel Now aims to use this asset to attract more users and partners, as well as to integrate with sports technology solutions.
6) Gadgetwood founded by Jayant Jha: Delhi-based on-demand repair services & renovation startup, Gadgetwood raised $6 million funding from Carpediem Capital, an India-focussed private equity fund, and its investors. It will use the funds to strengthen the core team, enhance technology and expand to other metros in the country.
7) JustLikeNew founded by Ajit Panigrahi & Rahul Agarwal: E-commerce platform for smartphone repairs, JustLikeNew raised $500K via LetsVenture in its second round of funding. The funding will be used to improve JustLikeNew’s reach in its target cities and to improve technology.
8) Pepperfry founded by Ambareesh Murty & Ashish Shah: Mumbai-based furniture and home marketplace Pepperfry, raised $31 million in a private equity round of funding from Goldman Sachs, Bertelsmann India Investments (BII), Norwest Venture Partners (NVP), and Zodius Technology Fund. The funds will be used to scale logistics and service network and to expand the Pepperfry Studios’ (Experience Centres) footprint.
9) eQuickes founded by Aakash Gajjar: Ahmedabad-based online book selling platform eQuickes has raised $298 K from Lothal Angel Ventures. The funding will be used for marketing and technology development. It will also be used for team expansion.
10) Liqvid founded by Vivek Agarwal & Manish Upadhyay: Noida-based LIQVID eLearning Startup, an educational software company raised close to $1 million in Series A round of funding from social venture capital firm Gray Matters Capital. The company will utilize the funds to market and scale its product, which is the English language assisted learning software for teachers and students. This software helps with language learning and basic soft skills.
11) JoeHukum founded by Ajeet Singh Kushwaha: Joe Hukum, a concierge service startup, has raised an undisclosed amount from TracxnLabs and a group of angels led by Citrus Payments founder Jitendra Gupta and HealthKart founder Prashant Tandon. Joe Hukum customers will have uniform access to a variety of services by chat along with a centralized payment option.
12) Flixy Games founded by Felix Manojh: Flixy Games, a Bangalore-based gaming studio had launched ‘Avatars Clash: Comet on Mahaar’ a role-playing game (RPG) in partnership with foreign gaming studios and also raised a seed round of $425 K from Rebright Partners, Japan. It plans to launch at least four games by next year.
13) Hashtaag founded by Krishna karthik vemula & Jayavardhan B N: Bangalore-based Hashtaag, a mobile consultancy, design, and development firm secured $1 million in angel funding. The startup will use the funding to hire better talent, build better products, and expand operations further in India and globally.
14) Pharmarack founded by Kushal Bhandari , Anupam Sarawagi and Bhavik Parmar: Pune-based SaaS startup Pharmarack Technologies Pvt. Ltd raised $745 K in its Pre-Series A round of funding. The Patni Group’s Currae Healthtech fund and existing investor Unicorn India Ventures participated in this round.
15) DailyRounds founded by Priyaank Choubey, Nimmi Cherian & Deepu Sebin: An App-based network for doctors, DailyRounds raised an undisclosed amount of funding led by Accel Partners. Other investors who participated in this round include Beenext, Powerhouse Ventures, and Japan’s Akusa Holdings. The funding will be used for the expansion of its global network of doctors and to add more specialists to the team.
16) PurpleDocs founded by Deepak Gupta: PurpleDocs, a healthcare records management startup from Vadodara, with more than 60 hospitals as customers across Gujarat, has raised investment from KellyGamma, Lead Angels and few other HNIs from healthcare world. The funding will be used for PurpleDocs’ expansion of operations outside Gujarat and for further investment in its proprietary technology platform.