Google Adwords announced a new feature of affiliate location extensions that give makers a new way to support their offline retail supply efforts on Google.
Affiliate location extensions aim at helping makers drive consumers to third-party retail locations that sell their products.
Google says “If you sell your products through retail chains, affiliate location extensions can help you reach consumers when they are deciding what and where to buy. Affiliate location extensions help people find nearby stores that sell your products.”
If you sell your products through retail chains, affiliate location extensions can help you reach consumers when they are deciding what and where to buy.
Here is how they look:
How it works?
Here’s how affiliate location extensions could help you win new customers:
- Someone searches on Google for a product
- Your ad shows with your affiliate location extension
- The person sees the nearest store that sells your product, either as an address or on a map
- On mobile, the person can tap to get directions to the store
- The person heads right to the store and buys your product
The affiliate location extensions will display the nearby locations where the product is approved as an address or on a map if there are several retailers nearby. The “see 3 retailers near Palo Alto” is that feature. Here is the backend side of it:
The affiliate location extension will be rolled out over the next two weeks across the US.