Consumer Internet Industry
1) JustRide Founded by Hemant Shah, Vasant Verma, Abhishek Mahajan, Amit Sahu, and Ashwarya Singh: Mumbai-based car sharing portal, JustRide secured $3 million in a bridge round of funding from YCombinator partners Justin Kan & Qasar Younis (COO of YCombinator), and Paul Buccheit (creator of Gmail). San Francisco-based Susa Ventures, Kima Ventures, Axan Venture, London-based SCM Holdings, and IT-Farm from Japan also participated in this round. The fresh funds will be utilized to bolster JustRide’s car sharing platform JustConnect and Yabber, an IoT device for cars which is based on the company’s Smart Vehicle Technology.
2) IIMJOBS Founded by Tarun Matta: Online job search platform for mid-to-senior level managers, iimjobs raised $2 million in its Series A round of funding led by India Quotient, Tracxn Labs and Calcutta Angels Network (CAN). The funding will be used to scale its product, engineering, and infrastructure. It will also be used to increase its sales’ reach.
3) Altigreen Founded by Lasse Moklegaard, Amitabh Saran and Shalendra Gupta: Bangalore-based cleantech startup Altigreen is in advanced discussions with existing investors and venture capital firms to raise a new round of funding. The fresh funding will be used to scale its manufacturing, sales and marketing.
4) Browntape Founded by Gurpreet Singh and Piyush Goel: Hyderabad-based express distribution and supply chain solutions provider, Gati Ltd invested $2.7 million in BrownTape – a cloud-based software solutions company which helps online merchants manage the orders for multiple e-commerce marketplaces. Gati will use the BrownTape platform to develop our unique single-window solution to customers by integrating an all established pan-India logistics network and BrownTape’s multichannel order management platform.
5) OnlineTyari Founded by Vipin Agarwal and Bhola Meena: The Michael & Susan Dell Foundation made an equity investment of $2.1 million in mobile-first multilingual test preparation app OnlineTyari (OT). The startup will deploy the funding to expand its vernacular offering, widen exam coverage, and strengthen its technology and analytics engine.
6) ToneTag Founded by Abhishek Kumar and Vivek Singh: Offline, proximity-based mobile payment solutions startup, ToneTag raised an undisclosed amount of in its private equity round of funding. With this, Arun Seth (Trustee at Nasscom foundation); T.V. Mohandas Pai (Chairman of Manipal Global Education); Anand Chandrasekaran (former Chief Product Officer of Snapdeal) and Deepak Ghaisas (Chairman of Gencoval Strategic Services Pvt. Ltd) will join ToneTag’s board along with other global investors.
Real Estate Industry
7) Square Yards Founded by Tanuj Shori: Gurugram-based online to offline (O2O) real estate transaction player Square Yards raised $12 million investment from the private equity arm of Anil Ambani-led Reliance Group. The company will use the newly raised funding to strengthen its distribution network across Indian and global markets.
8) GolfLAN Founded by Dhruv Verma: Delhi-based GolfLAN, online golf community, and marketplace, raised $1 million from existing investors, YourNest Angel Fund, and Africa’s leading IT/ITES group, iSON. With this investment Ramesh Awtaney, founder and Chairman of iSON group have also taken up a minority stake in GolfLAN. The startup will utilize the funds to expand to Africa, Middle East, and SEA countries such as Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, and Vietnam.
9) Rivigo Founded by Deepak Garg and Gazal Kalra: A logistic platform, Rivigo raised $75 million from an affiliate of Warburg Pincus, a leading global private equity firm focused on growth investing. The infusion of capital will help the team to scale up its various service offerings across India and accelerate its investment in technology and talent. This funding will also support its aspiration of becoming the largest logistics company in India by 2020.