Last updated on December 20th, 2016 at 12:04 pm
1) Search is the #1 driver of traffic to content sites, beating social media by more than 300%.
2) 93% of Internet traffic comes from search engines and search engine results.
3) Google gets over 100 billion searches a month worldwide.
4) 96% of marketers use Search Engine Marketing to provide informational and educational content.
5) 76% of marketers use Social Media to support and boost SEO.
6) 60% of all organic clicks go to the organic top 3 search engine results.
7) B2B influencers on average do 12 searches prior to visiting a specific brand’s site.
8) 89% of customers begin their buying process with a search engine.
9) Organic search drives 51% of all organic traffic to B2B and B2C websites.
10) Google owns 71% of the global search engine market.
11) Search engine optimization is the most popular marketing tactic among terms searched by people.
12) Only 44% of companies say they can measure paid search ROI effectively.
13) 60% of companies report that their SEO and content strategy are integrated.
14) 57% of B2B marketers say SEO has the biggest impact on lead generation.
15) 53% of marketers rank content creation as the single most effective SEO tactic.
16) 61% marketers use responsive web design as part of their mobile SEO strategy.
17) SEO worldwide rated 89% successful at achieving objectives of improved search engine rankings, website traffic, and lead generation.
18) 33% of clicks from organic search results go to the first listing on Google.
19) 18% of local smartphone searches led to a purchase within a day compared to 7% on non-local searches.
20) 90% of B2B researchers who are online use search specifically to research business purchases.
21) Spending on paid search and organic optimization will top $45 billion by 2019.