Consumer Internet Industry
1) UrbanPiper Founded by Devarshi Shah, saurabh gupta, and Saurabh Gupta: Bangalore-based UrbanPiper, a SaaS platform that enables hyperlocal businesses to go online raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Axilor. The startup will deploy the funding to enhance its offering and scale its client base.
2) Indifi Technologies Founded by Sundeep Sahi, Alok Mittal, and Siddharth Mahanot: Gurgaon-based platform for enabling debt financing for small businesses Indifi Technologies raised $10 million in a Series B funding round led by Omidyar Network. Existing investors Accel Partners and Elevar Equity also participated in the round. Indifi Technologies, while maintaining its focus on MSME businesses, intends to direct the investments towards furthering its products and technology.
3) Fitpass Founded by Akshay Verma: Delhi-based Fitpass, the all-access pass to gyms and fitness studios raised $1 million in seed funding led by Mumbai Angels and a consortium of Delhi- and Bangalore-based angels. The raised funds will be used to expand services to Mumbai, Bangalore and other Tier II and Tier III cities. Also, the funds will be used for talent acquisition and to introduce personalized fitness management tools.
4) FitMeIn Founded by Nidhisha Varshney: Fitness startup FitMeIn raised an undisclosed amount of Pre-Series A round of funding from Japanese digital healthcare company, FiNC and follow-on funding from current investors GHV. With this move, FitMeIn has also signed a strategic tie-up with FiNC.
5) TradingBells Founded by Parth Nyati and Amit Gupta: Indore-based discount Broking Company TradingBells raised $296.3K in a Seed funding round led by Mumbai-based stock broker Swastika Investmart Ltd. The startup plans to deploy the funds in hiring talent, expanding office infrastructure, technology up gradation, and customer acquisition.
6) Serv’d Founded by Jatin Agarwal: Pune-based startup Serv’d raised a $100K in seed funding from Digital Financial Service (DFS) Lab. The company had been selected from among 700 applicants worldwide, at a recently concluded boot camp in Tanzania. The company plans to use the funds towards developing tech for new roles as well as driving activation for the existing product.
7) OfBusiness Founded by Asish Mohapatra, Ruchi Kalra, Chandranshu Sinha, Nitin Jain, Bhuvan Gupta, Ruchi Kalra and Srinath Ramakkrushnan: B2B Commerce Company OfBusiness raised $11 million in a round led by Zodius Capital. Existing investor Matrix Partners also participated in the round. Going forward, the company plans to set up a non-banking finance company (NBFC) subsidiary that will map customer data, specific products for SMEs and also lend to them.
8) Wooplr Founded by Soumen Sarkar, Praveen Rajaretnam, Ankit Sabharwal, and Arjun Zacharia: Online marketplace for women clothing, Wooplr raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Anand Chandrasekaran, Director, Facebook India. The company plans to use these funds for marketing and to further develop its products.
9)MoEngage Founded by Yashwanth Kumar and Raviteja Dodda: Bangalore-based user analytics and engagement platform, MoEngage raised an undisclosed amount of investment from Anand Chandrasekaran, the Head of Platform & Product Partnerships for Messenger at Facebook. With this move, Anand will join the platform’s advisory panel.
10) ten3T Founded by Dr. Sudhir Borgonha, Rahul Shingrani, and Prasad: A medical grade wearable device startup, ten3T raised an angel round of funding led by pi Ventures. The round also saw participation by a group of angels, including V. Krishna Prasad, co-Founder of Qikwel, Bhupen Shah and other angels from Silicon Valley and Bengaluru. The funds will be used to beta test Cicer in multiple healthcare settings, including doctors in private practice, nursing homes and for at-home monitoring.
11) inFeedo Founded by Tanmaya Jain: HR analytics startup inFeedo raised a funding of $200K from a group of investors led by Dheeraj Jain, Managing Partner, Redcliffe Capital and Anupam Mittal, CEO of Shaadi.com. The round also saw participation from Ameera Shah, CEO of Metropolis; Vivek Bhargava, Group CEO of DAN Performance; Rahul Singh, CEO of Beer Cafe and Ambarish Gupta, CEO of Knowlarity. The company will deploy the funds to meet the growing demand and scale across India with plans to hit the international market in 2017.
12) Pi DataCenters Founded by Kalyan Muppaneni: Epsilon Venture Partners, the pan-Asian technology-focused fund manager along with a major Australian private equity group invested about $23 million in Pi DATACENTERS (Pi). The round was led by Epsilon’s General Partner, Mahesh Vaidya. With this move, he will join the company’s board.
13) ideaForge Founded by Ashish Bhat and Ankit Mehta: Mumbai-based ideaForge, known for manufacturing the Netra unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), has reportedly raised $10 million as part of its Series A investment round led by WRV Capital and IndusAge Partners. Also, Infosys, under its $500 million Innovation Fund has invested an undisclosed amount in the company. The funds will be utilized in R&D and business development. The firm also raised an angel round of $1.5milllion in early 2015.
14) Doctor Insta Founded by Amit Munjal: Telemedicine platform oriented startup Doctor Insta raised $2.5 million in a funding round from RoundGlass Partners. The raised funds will be divested by the company to market two new products – Health ATM and Insta Wall. A portion of funds would also be used for product development, expansion of its team, and launch of omnichannel healthcare networks across India and other countries.
15) Xseed Education Founded by Ashish Rajpal: Singapore and Bangalore-based edutech startup XSEED, raised an undisclosed amount of Series B round of funding led by Belgium-based venture firm Verlinvest. With this round of funding, the team aims to use the capital to build a world class tech-enabled learning platform for children and schools.
Food & Beverage Industry
16) Fresh Food Concepts Founded by Chandan Agarwal and Riju Gupta: Cold-pressed juices startup Fresh Food Concepts secured $2 million in a Pre-Series A round of funding from angel investors Siddhartha Gupta and Ashvin Chadha. Siddhartha will be contributing significantly, not just as an investor, but also by bringing his many years of experience into guiding and growing the startup. The current round of investment will be used for upgrading the production facility, enhancing the sales and distribution network, branding and marketing and to explore new products over the next phase.
17) Comet Founded by Chitransh Sahai: Marketplace for global freight services, Comet raised an undisclosed amount in a seed funding round led by India Quotient and Rajul Garg. The round also saw participation from Alok Mittal, Dubai-based Nobel House, Sunstone Capital and BlackBuck founders Rajesh Yabaji, Chanakya Hridaya, Ramasubramaniam B and Vishwanathan. The funds will be used for talent acquisition, product development and marketing.
18) Tripshelf Founded by Jai Raj Gupta: Online travel marketplace for holiday bookings Tripshelf raised $235.6K in a Pre-Series A round of funding led by GEMS Advisory and early-stage VC fund Quarizon. Earlier in April 2016, the startup had raised $250K from GEMS group.
19) Qacco Founded by Abhinav Imandi: Gurgaon-based travel-tech startup Qacco raised $150K in a seed funding round led by Lead Angels Network (LAN). LAN is an alumni-focused pan India angel network. Anbu Pandian, Prabhakar MR and other investors from LetsVenture also participated in the round. The raised funds will be utilized to develop Qacco’s technology and team along with B2B focused marketing campaigns.
20) Amagi Media Labs Founded by Baskar Subramanian, Srinivasan KA, and Srividhya Srinivasan: KKR-backed investment platform Emerald Media, led $35 million in Series D round of funding in the cloud-based geo-targetted ad firm, Amagi Media Labs. Premji Invest, the investment handle of existing investor, Azim Premji also participated in the round. Post the investment, Emerald Media will hold a minority stake in Amagi. Early backers Mayfield India and Nadathur Holdings will remain invested in the Bangalore- headquartered media technology startup.
Digital Media Industry
21) PocketAces Founded by Ashwin Suresh and Anirudh Pandita: Mumbai-based digital entertainment company PocketAces raised $3 million in a new funding round from a group of global investors led by Sequoia Capital India. Other investors who participated in the round included North Base Media, T.V. Mohandas Pai led Aarin Capital, 3one4 Capital, Axilor Ventures, and FreeCharge founders, Kunal Shah and Sandeep Tandon, among others. The raised capital will be deployed to create exceptional content, bolster its technology base, and talent expansion. The company further plans to create over 500 short-form live-action and food videos and at least six long-form properties over the next year.