1) CarTrade founded by Vinay Sanghi: Mumbai-based online automobile classifieds platform, CarTrade raised $55 million in a fresh round of funding from Singapore-based Temasek and a US-based family office. The recent round of funding will be deployed to support CarTrade’s growth plans through acquisitions, expansion into areas such as auto finance, etc.
2) Nurturey founded by Tushar Srivastava: Nurturey, an intelligent personal assistant for parents, raised over $330K, bringing its total funding raised close to $750K. The funds will assist the organization in developing new features that will make the application a more intelligent personal assistant for parents. Mohit Joshi – President, Infosys, participated as a key investor in this round.
3) Saleapp: Goa-based Saleapp Advertising Ltd was selected for Facebook’s developer-focused programme “FbStart” which caters to the early-stage, mobile-focused startups. It is the first IT startup from Goa to be selected for the programme. As part of the programme, the startup will be provided with services and credits worth $40K.
4) Hubhopper founded by Gautam Anand: Delhi-based content aggregator portal Hubhopper, secured an undisclosed amount in an angel funding led by Surendra Daulet Singh, Managing Director, GKR; and Daulet Singh, former CEO, British Bank of the Middle East (HSBC Group). The raised funds will be utilized to further strengthen its board of members of which Surendra would be a member.
5) Voonik founded by Sujayath Ali and Navaneetha Krishnan: Start-up Voonik Technologies Pvt. Ltd, owner of the Voonik fashion app, raised $6 million from Singapore-based RB Investments and existing investor Sequoia Capital.
6) Wooplr founded by Soumen Sarkar, Praveen Rajaretnam, Ankit Sabharwal, and Arjun Zacharia: Bengaluru-based fashion discovery app Wooplr secured $8 million in Series B round of funding led by Sistema Asia fund, a proprietary fund floated by Sistema JSFC. Helion Ventures and Amereus Group also participated in this round. The startup will deploy the recent round of funding to strengthen product and technology and to enhance its fashion discovery platform.
7) Zenatix Solutions founded by Rahul Bhalla, Amarjeet Singh, and Vishal Bansal: Gurugram-based IoT startup Zenatix Solutions raised $1 million in Pre-Series A round of funding led by pi Ventures. Existing investor, Blume Ventures also participated in the round. Prior to this in July 2015, Zenatix raised $161K and an undisclosed amount in December 2015.
8) MindYourFleet founded by Jitender Arora and Malvinder Singh Rikhy: Fleet management solutions provider Mind Your Fleet, raised a bridge round of funding, of an undisclosed amount, from a group of Angel Investors. The round was led by Japan Vyas, co-founder and managing partner of Sixth Sense Ventures and angel investor Tarun Adlakha. The company will utilize the funds for product development, and sales and marketing.
9) HyperTrack founded by Tapan Pandita and Kashyap Deorah: Pay-per-use software HyperTrack raised $1.5 million in seed funding. The round saw participation from Chamath Palihapitiya‘s Social Capital, Vy Capital, Jubiliant Group co-founder Hari Bhartia, Deepinder Goyal of Zomato, Junglee.com founders Anand Rajaraman and Venky Harinarayan, Investopad founders Rohan Malhotra and Arjun Malhotra, among others.
10) Wandertrails founded by Pranav Kumar, Hari Gangadharan, Sruti Ramesh Chander, Vishnu Menon, and Narayan Menon: Bengaluru-based online experiential travel platform Wandertrails raised $1 million in angel funding from Earlsfield Capital, a UK-based venture capital firm. The newly raised capital will be used for expanding its operations across the country and building products for its growing clientele.
11) Edurev founded by Kunaal Satija and Hardik Dhamija: Gurugram-based edtech startup Edurev got selected for Facebook’s developer-focused programme “FbStart” which caters to the early-stage, mobile-focused startups. As part of the programme, the startup will be provided with services & credits worth $40K.
12) 1Crowd founded by Anup Kuruvilla, and Anil Gudibande: Zeve Capsol, which is behind 1Crowd platform, raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Ganesh Natarajan, chairman of 5F World. 1Crowd, started in 2015, currently has over 500 members and has invested in about 10 companies.
Food and Beverage Industry
13) 48East founded by Joseph Cherian: Bengaluru-based food tech startup 48East, raised $500K in Pre-Series A funding from UAE-based Al Dhaheri family. The startup will use the newly raised capital for setting up new kitchens, enhancing logistics, ramping up technology, and marketing.