Facebook has announced a new set of measures on February 11, 2017 to maintain the trust of advertisers and reinforce transparency. It has taken this step forward to deal with the data inaccuracies.
Facebook is undertaking the following new choices for marketers to assist them.
1) To offer more impression level-data
Marketers will get better insights, as they will receive more detailed information about the advert impressions. It will provide a specific-in-view and the data duration of the display advert, which will include:
- Milliseconds for which the ad was on the screen
- Milliseconds for which 50% of the ad was there on the screen
- Milliseconds for which 100% of the ad was there on the screen
2) Third-party Verification
The social network has been working closely with the marketers to their measurement needs on different topics like audience demographics, reach, brand lift, attribution, offline sales and mobile app measurement. Facebook mentioned in a blog post, “Independent verification continues to expand and we now have 24 global third-party measurement partners, so marketers can work with their preferred vendor.”
To verify the accuracy of the information the network delivers to its partners, it has committed to an audit by the Media Rating Council (MRC).
4) New Choices for Video Buying
Later in the year, it will be giving more choice to advertisers with three new buying options across Facebook, Instagram and Audience Network for video adverts.
- Completed-view buying – the videos which have been viewed in their entirety, for any duration up to 10 seconds.
- Two-second buying – it is compliant with the MRC video standard, in which at least 50% of an ad’s pixel are viewed continuously for two seconds or longer.
- Sound-on buying – advertisers will gain the ability to buy sound-on video ads.