Consumer Internet Industry
1) Vebbler founded by Sahil Bhagat: A photo sharing startup Vebbler got selected for Facebook’s developer-focused programme “FbStart” which caters to the early-stage, mobile-focused startups. As part of the programme, the startup will be provided with services & credits worth $40,000.
2) Get My Parking founded by Chirag Jain, Rasik Pansare: Cloud-based mobile parking startup, Get My Parking raised $1.1 million in a Pre-Series A round of funding from Indian Angel Network (IAN), BEENEXT, The Chennai Angels (TCA), and Sunil Munjal (Hero Group). The startup has raised funds to accelerate product innovation and business impact.
3) True Balance founded by Cheolwon Lee: Gurugram- and Korea-based mobile balance management service app True Balance secured $15 million in its Series B round of funding.
4) Reap Chemist founded by Siddharth Gadia: Mumbai-based B2B supply chain management mobile application for pharmacies, Reap Chemist secured an undisclosed amount in angel round of funding from angel investors including Kunal Shah and Sandeep Tandon of FreeCharge, Gagan Goyal of ThinkLabs, and Nitin Saluja of Chaayos. The startup will utilize the funds to improvise its product and expand operations.
5) Oglas founded by Sunny Agarwal, Raja Agarwal, Adi Ranjan, Sohit Sharavat, Rahul Chauhan and Sahil Ojha: Noida-based mobile advertising startup Oglas secured an undisclosed amount of angel round of funding from investment banker and NYU Stern alumnus Pankaj Rungta and serial entrepreneur Yogesh Agarwal.
6) Biryani By Kilo (BBK) founded by Kaushik Roy: Gurugram-based food startup BBK secured $375K from investors such as Chandigarh Angels, Ashish Gupta (Evalueserve, Ashoka University), Rohit & Ashish Chand, Sunil Singh and more. With this newly raised fund; BBK aims to cover most of NCR with six-seven kitchens.