Consumer Internet Industry
1) DoneThing founded by Sonal Saraogi, Chetan Agarwal, Shivangi Agarwal, Rohit Pansari and Karan Saharan: Delhi-based on-demand personal assistant service DoneThing secured $300K from Brand Capital. The raised funds will be utilized for geographical growth and service expansion.
2) Jhakaas founded by Jeetendra Sanjeeva and Bharat Mandot: Mumbai-based local offline business aggregator Jhakaas raised $154K in an angel round of funding. The list includes Mumbai-based management consultancy firm Stelcore Management Services Pvt. Ltd; Malini Patel, Country Manager, Bloomberg Data Services Pvt. Ltd; CP Sanadhya, director at housing finance company India Shelter Finance Pvt. Ltd; and Anjani Prasad, Managing Director at colour and specialty chemicals company Archroma India. The company will deploy the funds mainly to develop the technology platform and boost merchant awareness.
3) BadiyaJobs founded by Nitesh Verma, Aditya Sriganesh and Manoj Bingi: Delhi-based online recruitment platform Badiyajobs was selected for Facebook’s developer-focussed programme ‘FbStart’ which caters to early-stage, mobile-focussed startups. As part of the programme, the startup will be provided with services & credits worth $40K.
4) BigBasket founded by Hari Menon, V.S. Sudhakar, and Abhinay Choudhari: Bengaluru-based online grocer BigBasket secured $6.9 million venture debt from Trifecta Capital. The capitals will be deployed to meet the CapEx requirements of the company, including setting up new warehouses, strengthening the cold chain, and reprocessing services for fruits & vegetables.
5) Fynd founded by Farooq Adam and Harsh Shah: Mumbai-based ecommerce fashion platform Fynd raised $500K in its Series A round of funding from Venture Catalysts. Investors including Anand Chandrasekaran, Global Director, Platform/Partnerships at Facebook, Rajiv Mehta (CEO of Arvind Sports Lifestyle Limited), and Ramakant Sharma (co-founder of Livspace) have also participated in this round. The startup plans to use the raised funds to enhance its consumer offerings as well as brand strategy.
6) Zapyle founded by Rashi Menda: Bengaluru-based luxury fashion marketplace Zapyle raised an undisclosed amount of funding in a bridge round of funding.
7) Perpule founded by Abhinav Pathak, Saketh BSV and Yogesh Ghaturle: Delhi-based fintech platform Perpule secured $650K in an angel round from Kstart Capital, Venture Highway, and Raghunandan G, co-founder of TaxiForSure. The company plans to use the newly infused funds to expand the current team, scale the product to more cities and retailers, and to boost marketing efforts on the consumer side.
8) Adurcup founded by Kumar Kushang, Harshit Mittal, Abhishek Verma and Nitin Prakash: Delhi/NCR-based online procurement startup Adurcup secured growth capital from strategic corporate investors and well-known family offices. The startup plans to raise a total of $500K and has already closed 65% of the round. The overall plan is to reach 10,000 unique orders a month by the end of this financial year. The company also strategies to launch Adurcup Prime for restaurants, capturing all their procurement needs in one place.
9) Wigzo founded by Umair Mohammed: Delhi-based machine intelligence-based personalization platform Wigzo raised an undisclosed amount of funding in a round from existing investor, 3one4Capital. The round also saw participation from Aarin Capital Partners, Singapore Angel Network, Advantedge Partners, Rohit Malik of DMA Cap, Arjun Sharma of Select Hospitality, Mohit Gulati of Altius Ventures and Vic Kaul (ex-Executive – VMware).
10) IndusOS founded by Akash Dongre, Rakesh Deshmukh and Sudhir Bangarambandi: Mumbai-based fully indigenous mobile operating system Indus OS secured an undisclosed amount from JSW Ventures, VenturEast, and Omidyar Network. The startup will utilize the raised funds towards product development and hiring new talent. The investment will also be deployed for improving the platform’s language technology to cover more Indian languages.
11) Oriano Solar founded by Sachin Jain, Yeshwant Rao and Sameer Shah: Oriano Solar, a Mumbai-based startup that specialises in turnkey solar solutions, secured $3 million in its Series A round of funding led by Samridhi Fund, which is managed by SIDBI Venture Capital Ltd. The company will utilize the fresh capital to expand its project management and business development teams in addition to establishing offices across India.
12) FalconBrick founded by Gautam Mayur, Sashi Kiran, and Aditya Shankar: Bengaluru-based real estate tech startup FalconBrick raised an undisclosed amount in its seed round of funding from Satveer Thakral of Singapore Angel Network, LetsVenture, and Mumbai Angels. An international venture fund has also participated in the deal. The round also saw participation from Apurva Salarpuria (founder, Salarpuria Sattva Group), Sidharth Pansari (Director, Primarc Group), Abhishek Bhatewara (promoter Family – Rohan Builders), Mridul Upreti (CEO, JLL), and others. The startup plans to deploy the funds to strengthen product, for geographical expansion as well as its customer service/retention operations.
13) Icertis founded by Monish Darda and Samir Bodas: ERP solutions startup Icertis raised $25 million in Series C funding from B Capital Group, Ignition Partners, and Greycroft in partnership with e.ventures and Eight Roads Ventures. The startup will deploy the recent round of funding to accelerate R&D investment in the ICM platform. They also plan to double their staff in Seattle, San Jose, Pune, and Stuttgart and expand geographical footprint with new offices in the US and Europe.
14) Ithaka founded by Ameya Sahasrabudhe and Rahul Singh: Mumbai-based online travel planning portal Ithaka secured $325K in a Seed funding round from angel investors based in India, US, and Singapore – including Ankit Gupta (co-founder of Linkedin Pulse), and Puneet Motihar.
15) BYJU’s founded by Byju Raveendran: Edtech Company BYJU’s secured additional funding from Belgian-based diversified investment holding company Verlinvest. As per media reports, the company has raised over $30 million in this round. The capital raise will give a boost to BYJU’S international expansion and acquisition plans.
16) INSOFE founded by Dakshinamurthy V Kolluru: Hyderabad-based professional skills training institute International School of Engineering (INSOFE) secured an undisclosed amount of funding from Kaizen Management Advisors Pvt. Ltd. The startup right now focuses on areas such as big data analytics/data science.
Food & Beverage Industry
17) Licious founded by Abhay Hanjura and Vivek Gupta: Bengaluru-based gourmet meat delivery, Licious secured $10 million in a Series B round from Mayfield India, 3one4 Capital, Sistema Asia Fund, and Neoplux Technology Fund. The raised funds will support the company boost business growth and facilitate expansion plans in markets like Hyderabad and Delhi-NCR.
18) Medinfi founded by Ravi Shankar Mishra and Himani Mishra: Bangalore-based Medinfi Healthcare Pvt. Ltd, a platform to search doctors and hospitals through the Web and mobile app, secured $50K in its seventh round of angel funding from existing investors. The startup will deploy the funds to grow its user base to 5 million by FY18 and expand its presence to 50 cities.
19) Klinic App founded by Sandeep Saraf and Satkam Divya: Gurgaon-based e-diagnostic startup Elite Tech Healthcare Pvt Ltd, which runs Klinic App, secured an undisclosed amount in an angel funding led by Om Chaudhry, the founder of private equity fund Fire Capital, who invested in his personal capacity. The startup will utilize the funds to develop its technology platform and product.
20) Emflux Motors founded by Varun Mittal and Ankit Khatry: Bangalore-based Emflux Motors Pvt. Ltd secured an undisclosed amount in seed funding from a group of investors to make what it touts as India’s first electric sports bike. The company will utilize the capitals to develop a high-performance electric motorcycle that will go into sales towards the end of next year.
21) Rooter founded by Piyush Kumar and Akshat Goel: Chennai-based sports engagement platform Rooter secured an undisclosed amount of funding led by electronic goods and accessories manufacturer Intex Technologies. The startup will use the newly infused capital to strengthen the tech team. The startup is also planning to add more members to the sales and marketing team as well as the content division to bolster vernacular versions of the app.
22) Sports Flashes founded by Raman Raheja: New Delhi-based India Sports Flashes Pvt. Ltd, which operates sports content app Sports Flashes, raised an undisclosed amount in seed funding from Vikas Bajaj, joint managing director, Bajaj Motors Ltd, and Amit Kharbanda (Founder, MyBox Technologies Pvt. Ltd). The company will deploy the funding mainly for marketing and to expand its team and domestic operations.
23) Crystal Logistic founded by Akash Agarwal: Kolkata-based complete cold logistics and supply chain service provider Crystal Logistic Cool Chain Ltd secured their first private equity funding of $10 million from Neev Fund. The raised funds will be deployed in expanding the company’s infrastructure and warehousing capacity by building sophisticated cold chain distribution hubs across India.