An ever increasing number of businesses are turning to PPC advertising these days and so, keyword research has become important than ever.
When discussing these little text ads appearing next to search results, they bring almost 97 percent i.e. $33.3 billion of the Google’s revenue over the year.
Isn’t it great? But, the more fascinating part is that these profits come as small payments made by hundreds of thousands of companies paying dollars per click, every single time their Google ads get clicked by a new potential customer.
So, when you are paying so much, you need to be thoughtful.
And, choosing the right set of keywords can save you against wasting your budget and help you getting the most out of your Google AdWords campaign.
- Business Services – $58.64
- Bail Bonds – $58.48
- Casino – $55.48
- Lawyer – $54.86
- Asset Management – $49.86
- Insurance – $48.41
- Cash Services & Payday Loans – $48.18
- Cleanup & Restoration Services – $47.61
- Degree – $47.36
- Medical Coding Services – $46.84
- Rehab – $46.14
- Psychic – $43.78
- Timeshare – $42.13
- HVAC – $41.24
- Business Software – $41.12
- Medical Needs – $40.73
- Loans – $40.69
- Plumber – $39.19
- Termites – $38.88
- Pest Control – $38.84
- Mortgages – $36.76
- Online Gambling – $32.84
- Banking – $31.43
- Hair Transplant – $31.37
- Google AdWords – $30.06
Why These Keywords Are So Pricey?
The amount advertisers are charged per click not really matters, rather cost per conversion is significant.
Advertisers are ready to pay more per click as having the funds for a pretty high cost per acquisition and as that acquisition is so valuable to the business, it balances the advertising costs.
The smart advertiser is confirming he keeps CPA low by holding costs as much as possible and optimizing for conversions.
Secondly, expensive keywords cover products or services that people look for urgently.
Don’t be scared of AdWords simply because the cost per clicks are higher; consider your ad costs within the perception of your whole business.
A few tips to help you make the most out of your CPC budget:
- Be Specific: Target specific, 3-5 word keywords. You can use a Keyword Toolto generate specific keyword ideas, both short and long tail keywords.
- Quality Score: High AdWords Quality Scores can help lower your average CPC. Tools like Keyword Niche Finder can help you divide large keyword lists into smaller, more targeted lists that you can write more targeted ad text for, succeeding in improved Quality Scores and better keyword rankings.
- Use Negative Keywords: Use a negative keyword tool to find out keywords you do not want to disclose. Irrelevant keywords result in costly clicks that will never drive conversions.