Consumer Internet Industry
1) HappilyUnmarried founded by Rahul Anand and Rajat Tuli: Info Edge (India) Ltd. made a follow-on investment of $770K in HappilyUnmarried against a 47.21% stake. Out of $770K, about $632.9K is planned to be used by HappilyUnmarried for reimbursement of existing debt advanced by a just owned subsidiary of the company to HappilyUnmarried, occasionally. It was also stated that Wipro Consumer Care will be investing $7.6 million in the company against 20% stake.
2) Fisdom founded by Subramanya SV, Anand Dalmia and Ramganesh Iyer: Personal wealth management startup Fisdom secured $3.8 million in its second institutional round of funding from Quona Capital with the participation of existing investor, Saama Capital. With this funding, the startup aims to further boost the technology, expand its team and increase its customer achievement efforts.
3) Meetingsandoffices.com founded by Meenal Sinha: Meetingsandoffices.com – a pan India platform aggregating shared and flexible workspaces, raised angel investment at the Nasscom Product Conclave Live Funding event. The startup raised investments from five investors from Abhishek Bhatewara, Sharan Aggarwal, Sandipan Chattopadhyay, Dr. Anu Gupta and Gagan Gupta.
4) NoPaperForms founded by Nitesh Damani and Naveen Goyal: Mumbai-based online classifieds platform Info Edge (India) Ltd. capitalized $871K in Nopaperforms against a 27.92% stake. As a part of company’s strategic investments, the acquisition would help the company to differentiate its presence into a new line of business within the Internet services industry.
5) Hevo Data founded by Sourabh Agarwal and Manish Jethani: Bengaluru and San Francisco-based Hevo Data raised $1 million in a Seed funding round from VC firm, IDG Ventures India. The startup functions as a cloud-based data integration platform that assists businesses in utilizing data well to make better and more informed decisions. The funding will go into hiring a team and expanding operations across the US.
6) Itlilite founded by Mayank Kukreja and Anish Khadiya: Bengaluru-based B2B SaaS travel startup Itilite secured an undisclosed amount in funding from Matrix Partners and a group of angel investors. The fresh funding will be used to reinforce its technology while it also looks to hire an additional workforce.
7) Automate.io founded by Ashok Gudibandla: SMB SaaS startup Automate.io secured an undisclosed amount of funding from 50K Ventures. The startup looks to leverage the strong presence of 50K Ventures in the US markets to help them scale speedily.
8) Open Appliances founded by Gotama Gowda: Bengaluru-based Open Appliances Pvt. Ltd, a manufacturer of industrial grade smart locks for enterprises secured $550K from Axilor and Kumar Vembu Co-Founder, ZOHO and CEO, Gofrugal. It will deploy the funding to reinforce its product offering and expand into new verticals.
9) Crayon Data founded by Vijaya Kumar Ivaturi and Suresh Shankar: Bengaluru-based big data startup Crayon Data secured an undisclosed amount of funding from Senapathy “Kris” Gopalakrishnan, Infosys co-founder. The investment is part of Crayon’s Series A2 round of funding. Previous investors include Jungle Ventures, Tata Son’s chairman emeritus Ratan Tata, Mitsui & Co., Ltd. and many prominent angels. The startup will utilize the Series A2 investment to further boost MayaTM and expand the global footprint of the company.
10) The Office Pass founded by Sachin Gaur, Aditya Verma and Nikhil Madan: Gurgaon based TOP Technologies Private Limited that runs a coworking platform The Office Pass, raised an undisclosed amount of funding from a group of individual investors from Dhruv Agarwala, CEO of PropTiger, Makaan & Housing & an institution. The startup will deploy the funds for hiring technology & product talent and drive the growth of coworking centers over the next 18-24 months.
11) AHA Taxis founded by Amit Grover: Noida-based online aggregator for outstation travel AHA Taxis (a division of WAAH Taxis Pvt Ltd) secured an undisclosed amount in Pre-Series A funding from ah! Ventures and Lead Angels Network. The startup plans to use the funding to expand its reach to newer geographies, and further strengthen the operations and service offering to customers.
12) FarmLink founded by Sreeram Chellappa: Agritech startup FarmLink closed $3 million funding in a round from investment firm-cum-incubator Pioneering Ventures and agrochemical company Syngenta. With fresh funding, the startup is planning to create a pan-India network of collection and service centers. The platform will also spend the capital from Pioneering Ventures and Syngenta on boosting its technological and analytical capabilities to improve the supply chain from farm to shelf.
13) Play Shifu founded by Vivek Goyal and Dinesh Advani: Bengaluru-based augmented reality-enabled interactive educational games startup Play Shifu raised an undisclosed amount in a pre-Series A round from IDG Ventures and IDFC-Parampara Fund. The startup will use the money to extend its reach, globally, and to support its technology and design team.
14) FreshUp founded by Pothala Vinyl Reddy and Laxmi Narasimha: Chennai-based hospitality startup FreshUp secured $1.5 million in Seed Funding from Singapore-based Lotus Global Investments. The startup now aims to strengthen its presence in South India. The company will use the funding to expand its presence in other Indian cities including Guruvayur, Bengaluru, Chennai, Sabarimala.
15) Kissht founded by Krishnan Vishwanathan: Mumbai-based fintech startup Kissht raised $10 million from Chinese investment conglomerate, Fosun International. The startup’s existing investors, Endiya Partners, and Ventureast also participated in the equity financing round, which closed last week. In a bid to boost its data science capabilities, the startup is looking to deploy the funding to hire new engineering and analytics teams. Also, Kissht is keen on expanding its presence across 15 to 20 tier II and tier III cities in India.
16) Qubole founded by Ashish Thusoo and Joydeep Sen Sarma: Bengaluru and Singapore-based big data startup Qubole secured $25 million in a funding round from Singtel Innov8 and Harmony Partners. Startup’s existing investors Charles River Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Norwest Venture Partners and Institutional Venture Partners also participated in this funding round. The funding will allow the startup to strengthen its presence in the Asia Pacific region.
Food & Beverage Industry
17) Evolve Snacks founded by Angad Sehgal: Mumbai-based Evolve Snacks, which deals in healthy snacks segment, secured an undisclosed amount of funding from 50K Ventures. With this funding, the startup looks forward to expanding into omni-channel retail and starts partnerships with other food/ fitness-focused firms.