Consumer Internet Industry
1) Josh Talks founded by Shobhit Banga and Supriya Paul: Gurugram-based Ted Talks like conference organiser Josh Talks secured an undisclosed amount of funding led by angel investors such as Girish Mathrubootham, founder of cloud-based customer engagement platform Freshworks; Apurva Chamaria, global brand director at IT services firm HCL; and Rohit Chanana, head of strategy and finance at scooter manufacturer Hero Corporation. The funding will bring on board strategic mentors and advisors in order to launch its platform in vernacular languages such as Telegu, Tamil, Bengali, Marathi and Bhojpuri.
2) Easyrewardz founded by Soumya Chatterjee, Angad Singh, Sapan Kadakia and Tejas Kadakia: Mumbai and Delhi-based Easyrewardz, an enterprise-focused end to end customer engagement providing platform raised $2 million in Series A round of funding led by TransContinental Venture Fund, and existing angel investors Jitendra Gupta and Vinay Chatlani (MD and CEO Soch). Venture Catalysts angels – Jagdish Gothi (Kamdhenu Retail), Vikas Kapoor (Rivoli Fashions), Nitin Bardia (AT Jewellers) Ankit Kankariya (Sumeet Jewellers), Akash Gajwani (Diaa Global), Amit Agarwal among others also participated in this round. The secured funding will help the startup to expand its sales and marketing efforts, both in India and overseas, as well as broaden and accelerate product development. With this deal, Ashesh Shah, founder of TCVF, will also join the EasyRewardz Board of Directors.
3) Active Intelligence founded by Ravi Shankar: Active Intelligence, a Singapore-headquartered fintech platform with an innovation lab in Bengaluru raised $8.25 million in Series A round of funding from Vertex Ventures, Creditease Holdings and Dream Incubator. Existing investors Kalaari Capital and IDG Ventures also participated in the round. The current funding will be deployed to scale up the talents and R&D works regarding AI technology in the banking sector.
4) I2e1founded by Satyam Darmora, Ashutosh Mishra, Anugrah Adams, Maanas Dwivedi and Gaurav Bansal: Delhi-based i2e1 (Information To Every One), a smart network layer platform raised $3 million in Series A round of funding from Omidyar Network. The round also saw the participation of Auxano Ventures and 3one4 Capital along with some of the organization’s existing investors. The raised funds will be utilized to scale up the existing operations and launch a mobile application.
5) Sumeru founded by Rekha Pillay Yadav, Harish Ramachandran and Rajesh Krishnamurthy: Bangalore-based banking software startup Sumeru Enterprise Tiger Business Solutions Pvt Ltd secured $1 million in angel funding from high-net-worth individuals. The company will deploy the funds to develop the product, grow its business and build a global distribution network.
Healthcare & Wellness Industry
6) ElderAid founded by Santosh Abraham and Dr. Vandana Nadig: Mumbai-based social enterprise catering to wellness industry secured an undisclosed amount of Angel funding from Rugmini Menon, a Hong Kong-based entrepreneur, to strengthen its operations in Bengaluru. This investment will allow augmentation of operations, investment in critical customer management technology, marketing and brand building efforts.
Real Estate Industry
7) Reniso founded by Alok Srivastava, Nishit Sharma: New Delhi-based property management startup Reniso secured an undisclosed amount of seed funding from a consortium of HNIs. The startup will deploy the funds to expand to other cities, develop its technology platform and build its marketing team.
8) Universal Sportsbiz Pvt. Ltd founded by Anjana Reddy: US-based venture capital firm Accel Partners raised $15 million in Sachin Tendulkar-backed celebrity fashion company Universal Sportsbiz Pvt. Ltd (USPL). The startup will use the funds to expand its product portfolio and retailing capabilities and to enhance its geographical reach.
9) Hungry Foal founded by Rishi Kaushik and Vivek Kaushik: Gurugram-based Hungry Foal, a for-profit social venture secured an undisclosed amount of debt from SBI under the Standup India Scheme. The funds will be used for market expansion, technology and production ramp up.
10) Kahaniya founded by Devendar Gona: Hyderabad-based multi-lingual storytelling platform Kanhaiya secured $200K from a group of three NRI HNIs. The startup will use the raised funds to build a wider gamut of content accessible across different languages while improving revenue opportunities for creators.
11) Perspectico founded by Nikhil Chainani: New Delhi-based edtech startup Perspectio secured an incubation support and an undisclosed amount of seed funding from the incubation cell of Delhi University, SIIF. SSCBS Innovation and Incubation Foundation (SIIF) is an outcome of Incubation Policy from Govt. of NCT, Delhi. The company will use the funds for marketing, expansion of team and footprint across multiple colleges/geographies.