Are you trying to build your online and mobile presence?
Additionally, looking for best ways to communicate with customers?
No matter what your goals are on Facebook, your Page Insights will definitely help you to understand who among your audience is most engaged with your Page.
And, so we have featured here Facebook Page Insights as DSIM’s Digital Marketing Tool of the Week:
About ‘Facebook Page Insights’
Facebook Insights provide information about your Page’s performance, like demographic data about your audience and how people are responding to your posts.
You can use Insights to:
- Understand how people are engaging with your Page
- View metrics about your Page’s performance
- Learn which posts have the most engagement and see when your audience is on Facebook
Where can you see Page Insights?
To see Page Insights:
- Click Insights at the top of your Page
- Click sections on the left for more information
To export Insights:
- From the Insights page, click Overview on the left.
- Click Export Data in the top right.
- Select a data type, file format and date range. You may also need to choose a layout.
- Click Export Data again.
What you’ll find?
This section provides a snapshot of your Page’s performance in the last 7 days. It focuses on 3 core areas:
- Page Likes: Total and new likes for your Page
- Post Reach: Total number of unique people who were shown your Page and posts
- Engagement: Total number of unique people who engaged with your Page, as well as different engagement types
- You can also see your 5 most recent posts and use more tools:
- Pages to Watch: See how businesses similar to yours perform. For example, if you’re a jewellery retailer, you can get posting ideas based on engaging posts from other retailers.
- Pages Manager App: Respond to people on the go. Download the free app from the iTunes Store or Google Play Store.
In the Likes section, you’ll see 3 core metrics:
- Page Likes: The total Page likes for each day, over a 28-day period
- Net Likes: The number of new likes minus the number of unlikes
- Where Your Page Likes Happened: The number of times your Page was liked, broken down by where it happened
The Reach section shows you:
- Post Reach: The number of people your post was served to, broken down by paid and organic reach
- Likes, comments and shares: The positive engagement that helps you reach more people
- Hide, Report as Spam and Unlikes: Negative engagement will decrease the number of people you reach
- Total Reach: The number of people who were served any activity from your Page
Under Visits, you’ll see:
- Page and Tab Visits: The number of times each of your Page tabs was viewed
- External Referrers: The number of times people came to your Page from a website outside of Facebook
Ensure that your Page is filled in with basic information so that you can be found by the people who matter most to you.
The Posts tab is divided into the following 3 sections:
- When Your Fans Are Online: Shows you when the people who like your Page are on Facebook content
- Post Type: Displays the success of different post types based on average reach and engagement
- Top Posts From Pages You Watch: Gives you the engagement of posts from the Pages you’re watching
The Videos section will show you 3 things:
- Video Views: Number of times your Page’s videos were viewed for 3 seconds or more
- 30-second Views: Number of times your Page’s videos were viewed for 30 seconds or more. If a video is less than 30 seconds long, this counts when people view 97 percent of it.
- Top Videos: Most-viewed videos on your Page watched for 3 seconds or more.
The People tab is divided into Your Fans, People Reached and People Engaged.
- Your Fans: View the gender, age, location and language of the people who like your Page
- People Reached: See the people your post was served to in the past 28 days
- People Engaged: Find out who has liked, commented on or shared your posts, or engaged with your Page, in the past 28 days. Once you know who your most engaged audience is, you can better tailor your Boosted Posts to them.