Consumer Internet Industry
1) MCaffeine founded by Vikas Lachhwani and Tarun Sharma: Mumbai-based caffeinated personal care brand MCaffeine raised $500K in Pre-Series A round of funding led by Wazir Advisors, Let’s Venture and Calcutta Angel. The startup will utilize the funds for product research and development, inventory buildup and expansion of its product portfolio.
2) Healofy founded by Gaurav Aggarwal and Shubham Maheshwari: Bengaluru-based Healofy, a parenting social network startup, secured $1 million in a Seed funding round from Omidyar Network. The company will use the funds to hire talent in leadership positions across product, technology and data science; to build onto the existing personalization engine and layer in multiple regional languages on their platform.
3) Vinculum founded by Annajee Nott, Deepak Singla, Piyush Madan and Venkataramana Nott: Delhi-based e-commerce software solutions provider secured $127.7K from its existing investor Song Hoi See, founder & CEO of Plaza Premium Group.
4) Grofers founded by Albinder Dhindsa and Saurabh Kumar: SoftBank leading an investment of $61.6 million in online grocery delivery startup Grofers. With this new Series E round, the company will continue to invest in building private labels and supply chain improvements. The investment will go towards building infrastructure and technology and resourceful supply chain management to accomplish deeper penetration in existing Grofers cities.
5) Purple Quarter founded by Deepak Singh Ahlawat: Abhishek Goyal, founder of California-based startup Tracxn, and Mekin Maheshwari, a former senior executive at Flipkart, have financed in Bengaluru-based Purple Quarter, a technology head recruitment startup.
6) Appiyo Technologies founded by Ashok Anand: Chennai-based Appiyo Technologies, a startup offering enterprise workflow automation solution, secured $500K in a Seed round of funding from Axilor Ventures, with participation from The Chennai Angels and others. The startup will use the recently raised funding to expand its services globally.
7) Peritus.ai founded by Kamesh Raghavendra, Mohan Reddy and T.M. Ravi: California and Bengaluru-headquartered AI focussed startup Peritus.ai secured $2 million in funding from VC firm Ideaspring Capital and early-stage fund The Hive. The company will deploy the funds to strengthen its development team in India.
8) Avail Finance founded by Ankush Aggarwal: Bengaluru-based Avail Finance, an online lending platform, secured $17.2 million in a Series A funding round from Matrix Partners and other investors. The round is a mix of debt and equity.
9) Pine Labs founded by Rajul Garg and Tarun Upaday: New Delhi-based Pine Labs, a digital retail payments platform, secured a funding round of $82 million from Actis Capital and Altimeter Capital. The company will use the funds to quicken its network penetration in India and expand outside India.
10) HealthAssure founded by Varun Gera: Mumbai-based HealthAssure, a healthtech startup, secured $ 1 million in a Pre-Series A round of funding from The HR Fund. The startup plans to deploy the funds to further grow new consumer products in primary healthcare, digitizing the ecosystem, and building extensive distribution.
11) SmartQ founded by Krishna Wage and Abhishek Ashok: Bengaluru-based SmartQ, a foodtech platform, secured $1 million in funding from a group of Dubai based investors. The company plans to deploy the funds to expand its business in India and also globally with a stronger team.
12) Doubtnut founded by Aditya Shankar and Tanushree Nagori: Gurugram-based multilingual online learning platform Doubtnut secured $537.7K in a Pre-Series A round of funding from WaterBridge Ventures. The startup will use the funding to expand its platform, add more subjects, support more Indian languages and accelerate the advance of several exciting new product features.
13) Stumagz founded by Sri Charan Lakkaraju: Hyderabad-based Stumagz, a digital campus communications and collaboration platform for educational institutions secured an Angel Round of investment of an undisclosed amount from a group of US-based investors. The company will deploy funds for geographical and technological expansion.