Consumer Internet Industry
1) Roadcast founded by Rahul Mehra, Vishal Jain and Anshul Jain: Delhi-based online vehicle tracking platform Roadcast secured $250K in a seed round of funding from the United Arab Emirates. The startup plans to deploy the funding to scale its operations across major cities in India and further expand its research and development programme, hiring technology talent and building infrastructure for its operations.
2) Survaider founded by Madhulika Mukherjee and Tushar Mishra: Bengaluru-based customer engagement platform raised $276.28K led by Axilor Ventures, Pratithi Trust, and The Chennai Angels in a seed round.
3) V Resorts founded by Aditi Balbir: Noida-based resort management startup secured $271.63K between January and March this year from existing investor, RB Investments.
4) Phonepe founded by Burzin Engineer, Rahul Chari and Sameer Nigam: Flipkart infusing $79.6 million in fresh funding into Phonepe.
5) Fynd founded by Farooq Adam, Harsh Shah and Sreeraman Mohan Girija: Mumbai-based O2O fashion e-commerce platform, Fynd raised an undisclosed amount in Series C funding from global search giant Google and other angel investors. The startup plans to utilize the funding to enhance the way it engages with consumers and dealers in a better way.
6) Planys Technologies founded by Tanuj Jhunjhunwala and Vineet Upadhyay: Chennai-based underwater robotics and diagnostics startup Planys Technologies raised $151.9K in Series A round of funding from Oil and Natural Gas Corporation.
7) Benepik founded by Saurabh Jain: Gurugram-based HRTech startup Benepik, a mobile-based solution for Employee Communication, Engagement, Rewards and Recognition, secured an undisclosed amount in seed funding from a group of investors including Vishal Bali, Yogesh Misra, and a Delhi based HNI.
8) SmartCoin founded by Rohit Garg: Bengaluru-based micro-lending startup SmartCoin secured $2 million in a Pre-Series A round of funding from an undisclosed Chinese venture fund and other groups of investors. The startup will utilize the funding to further invest in technology and grow its team as it continues with its expansion plans, with an aim to cover a much larger customer base.
9) Cash Suvidha founded by Anoop Garg and Rajesh Gupta: Delhi-based online lending platform Cash Suvidha raised $1 million in a Pre-Series A funding round from Initia Holdings; Vipin Agarwal, Partner in India Industrial Growth Fund and others. The company will deploy the funding to increase the loan books of the company and to further reinforce its technological infrastructure.
10) Creditas Solutions founded by Anshuman Panwar and Madan Srinivasan: Gurugram-based fintech startup, Creditas Solutions, raised an undisclosed amount in a Pre-Series A funding round from its existing investor 1Crowd, an equity crowdfunding platform. The startup plans to use the up-to-date funding for expansion of the team, data science capabilities and to make investments in technology, mainly to focus on providing banks with a single platform to manage the entire delinquency cycle.
11) Predible Health founded by Suthirth Vaidya, Abhijith Chunduru and Deepak Mohan: Artificial Intelligence-based cancer radiology platform Predible Health raised $35.3K led by the Hyderabad-based incubator, IKP Knowledge Park.
12) Myra founded by Anirudh Coontoor and Faizan Aziz: Bengaluru-based Myra, an online pharmacy, raised $1.84 million in funding led by Tokyo-headquartered management consulting firm Dream Incubator. The startup will use the funding to fund its expansion in other geographies.
13) DelyBazar founded by Abhinava Ray Chaudhuri: Kolkata-based Delybazar, a raw meat etailer, raised $300K in a Pre-Series A round of funding from a group of investors. The startup plans to utilize the funding to expand its operations in cities like Bhubaneswar, Hyderabad and Bengaluru.
14) Smaash founded by Shripal Morakhia: Mumbai-based gaming company Smaaash secured $6.17 million funding from 23 High Networth Individuals (HNIs).
15) The Print founded by Shekhar Gupta and Barkha Dutt: Delhi-based online news portal The Print raised $535K in a seed funding round from existing investor Ratan Tata.
16) FactorDaily founded by Jayadevan PK, Titash Neogi and Pankaj Mishra: Bengaluru-based news media startup FactorDaily raised $116.65K from existing investors, Vijay Shekhar Sharma and Girish Mathrubootham in an extended series A funding round.
17) The Ken founded by Ashish K Mishra, Rohin Dharmakumar and Seema Singh: Bengaluru-based business news platform raised $225.63K from a set of HNIs, Siddharth Bhammar (Executive Director – JP Morgan), Anchal Jain (Portfolio Manager- Balyasny Asset Management and former MD FX Options – JP Morgan), and Murali A (MD – Graticule Asset Management Asia and ex-Fortis).
18) Carmel Organics founded by Rajesh Sagitla and Shailendra Dhakad: Neemuch, Madhya Pradesh-based agritech startup Carmel Organics raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Ankur Capital, an India-focussed VC fund backing early-stage startups. The startup will deploy the funding to scale-up its business, mostly targeting the global markets.
19) USPL founded by Anjana Reddy: Bengaluru-based fashion startup Universal Sportsbiz Pvt Ltd (USPL) raised $4.64 million in venture debt funding from lately launched venture debt fund Alteria Capital. The company plans to deploy the funding to invest in 80-100 startups in the course of next three to four years.
20) DriveU founder by Amulmeet Chadha, Ashok Shastry and Rahm Shastry: Bengaluru-based on-demand driver aggregator DriveU raised $3 million in Pre-Series A funding led by Singhal Foundation, an NGO working for education of underprivileged children. The startup will plan to expand its existing fleet of 6,000 drivers to 10,000 drivers by the end of 2018.