Bing Ads has announced the rollout of a new feature that will allow users to add price extensions to search ads.
Price extensions allow advertisers to display products and services with their respective prices and add up to the 25-character description with each extension.
One price extension is visible from the ad, and a ‘view more items’ drop-down displays three additional listings.
Here is what they look like:
Key points according to Bing Ads around this new ad extension:
- Prices marketed in Price Extensions must be available and clearly visible on the landing page.
- Clicks on Price Extensions will be charged the same amount as clicks on the ad headline.
- Price Extensions can link to a chosen third-party retailer, such as Amazon or Walmart.
- Price Extensions are supported by all devices and can be displayed with other ad extensions.
- Description cannot be duplicated in the ad headline.
- Advertisers can include an optional mobile URL.
How to create a new Price Extension?
- Click Campaigns at the top of the page.
- Click the Ad Extensions
- Click Price Extensions and select Campaign or Ad group.
- Click Create Ad extension.
- Select the campaign or ad group you want to add the extension to.
- Click Add new Price Extension.
- Enter the Price Extension details and click Save.
This feature is currently available in the US and will start rolling out globally this month except in China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan.