Consumer Internet Industry
1) Pitstop founded by Mihir Mohan: Bengaluru-based car repair and servicing startup Pitstop secured $1.6 million in a Pre-Series A funding round from its existing investors Blume Ventures and Singapore-based Goldbell Group. The startup plans to deploy the funding to scale up its ‘Doorstep service’ across Bengaluru and Delhi-NCR along with building high-end technology to support the infrastructure.
2) POPxo founded by Priyanka Gill: Delhi-based digital media startup POPxo raised $5.5 million in a funding round from Neoplux (Doosan Group, Korea) and OPPO (China). Existing investors IDG Ventures India, Kalaari Capital, GREE Ventures (Japan) and Summit Media (Philippines) also participated in the latest round of funding. The company plans to use the funding to combine commerce as a strong revenue stream and strengthen its vernacular offering, beginning with Hindi along with continued investment in video and platform.
3) Hasura founded by Rajoshi Ghosh: Bengaluru and San Francisco based developer tools startup Hasura raised $1.6 million in a Seed round of funding from Nexus Venture Partners along with GREE Ventures. The startup plans to utilize these funds to accelerate product development to make sure its offerings continue to remain on the cutting edge and to strengthen its marketing and developer relations teams.
4) Nykaa founded by Falguni Nayar: Mumbai-based online beauty marketplace Nykaa raised $11.32 million in a funding led by existing investors which include Sunil Munjal’s family office; Marico’s Mariwala family office; Dalip Pathak, a special limited partner at Warburg Pincus; along with other existing and new high net worth individuals. The company plans to deploy the funds to enhance retail distribution to boost its private label.
5) ShoeKonnect founded by Siddharth Vij:The Agra-based B2B marketplace for leather products ShoeKonnect raised $460K from online classifieds company Info Edge (India) Ltd, BSE filings shown. The startup deploys to use the funding to start a new line of business.
6) Hyderabad.IO founded by Samrat Krishna: Hyderabad-based sales tech startup Hyderabad.IO raised $75K from CCube Angels Network, with participation from Atim Kabra, founding partner of Frontline Strategy Limited and an active angel investor, and Abhay Deshpande, a SaaS veteran and a Serial Entrepreneur. The startup plans to utilize the funds to reinforce product offering, increase data coverage, improve quality and add new signals.
7) Visit founded by Anurag Prasad, Vaibhav Singh, Shashvat Tripathi and Chetan Anand: Delhi-based AI-powered chatbot for health advice Visit raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Twitter co-founder Biz Stone, with participation from Snapdeal co-founders: Kunal Bahl and Rohit Bansal; US-based BlueJeans Network co-founder Alagu Periyannan and Karthee Madasamy, a former top official of Qualcomm Ventures. The capital will be used towards building its telemedicine app, including offering an AI-driven diagnosis.
8) Emotix founded by Sneh Rajkumar Vaswani, Prashant Iyengar and Chintan Raikar: Mumbai-based robotics startup emotix that identifies emotional intelligence secured $2 million funding from IDG Ventures India and YourNest. The startup plans to use the funds for new product development and research in the area of consumer robotics focused on emotional and artificial intelligence.
9) Capital Float founded by Sashank Rishyasringa: Bengaluru-based online SME lending platform Capital Float raised $22 million in a follow-on Series C funding round from Amazon Inc. The freshly raised funds will be used to strengthen Capital Float’s exclusive end-to-end digital loan origination system and to design innovative credit solutions for customers.
10) Mihuru founded by Shruti Mehrotra: Mumbai-based travel fintech startup Mihuru secured $150K. The startup plans to use the funding to further improve their current product and expand their team. The startup will also expand into credit products for other travel verticals in addition to the current flights vertical.
11) PayMe India founded by Vijay Shekhar Sharma: Noida-based online lending startup PayMe India raised $2 million in funding led by Singapore-based angel investors. The startup will deploy the funding chiefly for capacity and market expansion.
12) 1mg founded by Prashant Tandon, Vikas Chauhan, and Gaurav Agarwal: Gurugram-based healthtech startup 1mg Technologies raised fresh funding to scale its business.
13) Doxper founded by Pawan Jain, Randeep Singh, and Shailesh Prithani: Mumbai-based healthtech startup Doxper raised $1.1 million in a Pre-Series A funding round from existing investor Vidal Healthcare. The startup now targets to take its mission of digitizing the global OPD processes to the UK, Middle East, Southeast Asia, Brazil and South Africa by early next year.
14) Tripshelf founded by Jai Raj Gupta: New Delhi headquartered online travel marketplace Tripshelf secured $239.6K in Pre-Series A round of funding from a group of professional investors including GEMS Advisory (a micro VC); Alok Mittal of Indifi; Sachin Bhatia, Co-Founder of MakeMyTrip and Truly Madly; Anita Gupta, Global Equity Strategist; Singapore Angel Network; and Alka Puri, IIM-C Alumnus & Founder of Roads Ahead Consult; amongst other HNIs. The startup plans to use the funding to deepen pillars of its business operations and form a long-term asset vs. hyper growth capital.
15) RailYatri founded by Kapil Raizada, Manish Rathi and Sachin Saxena Noida-based long-distance travel app, RailYatri raised an undisclosed amount of Series B round of funding from Omidyar Network. The funding round saw participation from other existing investors including Nandan Nilekani, Blume Ventures and Helion Venture Partners.
16) Utter founded by Amit Bhadbhade: Pune headquartered chatbot-based edtech startup Utter raised $824.48K from Unitus Seed Fund. The startup plans to use the funding to target 1 million paid learners by December 2020 and expand internationally in USA, Europe and South Asia through telecom and reseller partnerships.
17) Career Anna founded by Varun Saxena: Gurugram-based video-driven online learning platform Career Anna secured $449.5K from a group of angel investors represented by Subinder Khurana. The startup plans to utilize the funds to launch a series of PRO Degree online learning programs on Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, DevOps and other new-technology fields where demand for talent far exceeds supply.