Consumer Internet Industry
1) Rare Media founded by Siddhartha Gupta: Delhi-based online classifieds company, Info Edge, invested $513.58K in Rare Media Company Pvt. Ltd.
2) Promorph founded by Onkar Prasad: Kanpur-based Promorph which offers actionable, real-time data on RTE, secured $111.25K of seed funding from Villgro Innovations Foundation. In addition to funding, the entrepreneurs will receive mentoring from senior advisors who provide strategic guidance to grow and scale their respective businesses, and access to Villgro’s network of downstream investors, channel partners, and domain experts.
3) Wishfie founded by Akshay Pruthi: Bengaluru based Wishfie, a short-video platform that helps people voice their opinions on news, trending stories and issues, raised an undisclosed amount in angel funding from Staffopedia CEO, Abhishek Singh and a New York-based angel network, Tusker Invests. This funding will be deployed to develop the product further, to support vernacular content, and to build its community.
4) I3 Systems founded by Dr. Mallesh Bommanahal and Varzavand Batliwala: Mumbai-based i3 Systems, an AI-Powered Insure-tech platform raised $1 million in funding from Unitus Ventures. The startup plans to utilize the capitals in planning to partner with India’s top 20 Life and Health insurance companies and process one million policies through its digital platform, in the next 12 months.
5) Avaamo founded by Ram Menon and Sriram Chakravarthy: California-based AI startup Avaamo raised $14.2 million in a Series A funding round, from Intel Capital. The startup plans to use the funding to expand its sales and marketing channels to meet the demand in the enterprise for conversational AI solutions in the growing global market.
6) Innovaccer founded by Abhinav Shashank, Kanav Hasija, and Sandeep Gupta: Healthcare data analytics startup Innovaccer raised $25 million Series B round of funding from Westbridge Capital with participation from Lightspeed Ventures. The company plans to use the funds to continue building on its industry-leading suite and go-to-market capabilities.
7) Easypolicy founded by Alok Bhatnagar and Neeraj Aggarwala: Noida-based online insurance comparison startup Easypolicy secured $6.7 million – $7.43 million led by Unilazer Ventures.
8) PaisaDukan founded by Rajiv Ranjan: Mumbai-based PaisaDukan.com, a P2P Lending marketplace, raised $225K through angel investment. The funding will lift company’s progress and will help in hiring experienced key resources and expand our technology workforce.
9) Disprz founded by Subramanian Viswanathan: Chennai-based SaaS startup focussed on B2B education and skill training, Disprz secured $2.5 million in a Series A round of funding from IL&FS Private Equity and Kae Capital. The startup plans to boost its data science capabilities and also to expand its overseas markets operations.
10) Toppr founded by Hemanth Goteti and Zishaan Hayath: Mumbai-based personalized e-learning solutions provider and online test preparation platform, Toppr raised a venture debt funding of $2.3 million from Alteria Capital.
11) Blackboard Radio founded by Michael Chasen: Jaipur-Bengaluru based Blackboard Radio, an AI-powered personalized spoken English coach, raised $111.25K of seed funding led by Villgro Innovations Foundation. And also, the entrepreneurs will receive mentoring from senior advisors who provide strategic guidance to grow and scale their respective businesses, and access to Villgro’s network of downstream investors, channel partners, and domain experts.
12) MadGuy Labs founded by Alok Katiyar: Hyderabad-based mobile-based online test-preparation platform for government jobs in vernacular languages, MadGuy Labs secured $111.25K of seed funding from Villgro Innovations Foundation. In addition to funding, the entrepreneurs will receive mentoring from senior advisors who provide strategic guidance to grow and scale their respective businesses, and access to Villgro’s network of downstream investors, channel partners, and domain experts.
13) Charcoal Eats founded by Anurag Mehrotra, Krishnakant Thakur and Mohammed Bhol: Mumbai-based Tech-enabled, full stack QSR startup Charcoal Eats raised $742.9K Pre-Series A round of funding from HNI investors such as Rajesh Ramanathan (Head Global Growth Mondelez), Kush Verma (Asoka Capital) among others. The startup plans to deploy the funding to increase its footprint across new geographies as well as merge its presence in existing markets and invest in customer acquisition and brand building.