Consumer Internet Industry
1) ZunRoof founded by Pranesh Chaudhary and Sushant Sachan: Pune-based cleantech startup ZunRoof raised angel funding of $242.45K led by i3N, Paipal Ventures’ Ajith Pai, Gaurav Gupta, Asia Director, Dalbergr and a bunch of IIT Kharagpur alumni based in the US. The startup plans to deploy the funding to triple its sales run rate, to boost and scale up the tech.
2) Aahaa Stores founded by Rajaraman Sundaresan: New Delhi-based office supplies etailer Aahaa Stores raised $2 million from a UAE-based global investment Group Calega. The company plans to use the newest funding to expand business across new verticals and geographies. Also, it is looking to upgrade its technology, and enhance infrastructure by inducting more independent service providers and activating superior talent.
3) Fixpocket founded by Soham Thacker: Mumbai-based crowd-working startup Fixpocket secured $250K in seed funding from La Gajjar Group. The startup utilizes the funding to set up the initial team, design, and development of technology and early-stage marketing activities.
4) Wow Express founded by Mazhat Faruqi, Jayesh Kamat and Sandeep Padoshi: Mumbai-based e-commerce delivery platform Wow Express raised $4.5 million in a Series A round of funding from its existing investor -the Tamarind Family Private Trust of the Mansukhani family. The startup plans to utilize the capital raised to expand its geographical presence, ramp up its technology platform, and reinforce its senior management team.
5) Picostone founded by Virang Jhaveri: Mumbai-based smart home automation startup Picostone secured $803.2K funding from Metaform Ventures (USA), Arise Ventures (USA), and other Indian angel investors. The startup plans to deploy the funding to further invest in technology development, in moving deeper into the existing market, and in team expansion.
6) Hashtag Loyalty founded by Dhruv Dewan: Mumbai-headquartered CRM and automation startup Hashtag Loyalty secured an undisclosed amount in a Seed funding round from New York-and Delhi-based seed stage-focused investor Ahimsa Capital. With the funding, the startup plans to increase its businesses value proposition and expand its presence.
7) Spotle.ai founded by Sk Mamtajuddin, Samual Moses and Deepak Agarwal: Kolkata-based HRtech startup Spotle.ai secured an undisclosed amount of funding and wants to continue to disrupt this space with more innovations and is preparing to file for a number of patents.
8) Cashify founded by Mandeep Manocha: Gurugram-based recommerce startup Cashify secured $12 million in a Series C round of funding led by CDH Investments and MorningSide Group, with Chinese recommerce company AiHuiShou participating as a strategic investor.
9) Paytm Entertainment founded by Vijay Shekhar Sharma: Entertainment arm of digital payments giant Paytm, Paytm Entertainment raised $8.95 million from parent company One97 Communications. The company aims to sell over 100 million tickets by the end of this year.
10) HipBar founded by Prasanna Natarajan: Chennai-based digital payments startup dedicated to serving the needs of the alcohol beverage industry HipBar raised an investment of $3.96 million from beverage alcohol company Diageo India for 26% stake.
11) Sqrrl founded by Dhananjay Kumar Singh, Samant Sikka and Sanjeev Sharma: Gurugram-based App-based investment platform Sqrrl Fintech raised $1 million in its Pre-Series A round of funding from Equanimity Venture Fund. The startup plans to deploy the funding to pursue aggressive growth and add to its product and tech prowess.
12) PolizyBazar founded by Yashish Dahiya, Avaneesh Nirjar, and Alok Bansal: PolicyBazaar, along with PaisaBazaar secured $238 million in equity financing led by SoftBank, the world’s largest technology investor, in the process joining a rapid sequence of Indian enterprises being projected into the once-elusive Unicorn club.
13) SigTuple founded by Rohit Kumar Pandey: Bengaluru-based healthtech startup SigTuple raised $19 million in a Series B funding round from Accel Partners and IDG Ventures. SigTuple plans to deploy the Series B funding to expand assembly and distribution of AI100 as well as on research and development of new solutions, improving its existing solutions, clinical trials, and expansion in other markets.
14) Wholesome Habits Pvt. Ltd founded by Rishit Sanghvi: Mumbai-based healthy snacks startup Wholesome Habits secured $500K in a Seed round of funding from Sprout Venture Partners and a few high-net-worth individuals. The startup plans to use the funds mainly for marketing, branding, increasing the distribution network and beginning new products in the healthy snacks category.
15) Edureka founded by Lovleen Bhatia: Bengaluru-based e-learning platform Edureka raised $2 million led by Leo Capital. With the funding, the startup plans to expand global reach and accelerate growth and innovation. It also aims to achieve 6X growth in the next three years.
16) Eggoz founded by Abhishek Negi, Aditya Singh, Pankaj Pandey and Uttam Kumar: Madhya Pradesh-based egg producer and agritech startup Eggoz secured $175.3K led by a group of angel investors including Narendra Sankar, Sunil Mishra, Vishal Sharma, Anurag Jhanwar and Mohini Jhanwar. The startup plans to deploy the funding to expand their business in states Madhya Pradesh and Bihar and also build a company-owned farm in Nalanda, Bihar.