Consumer Internet Industry
1) Groww founded by Lalit Keshre- Bengaluru-based Groww secured $1.6 million in a pre-series A round of funding from Insignia Ventures Partners, Lightbridge Partners, Kairos with participation from existing investors Mukesh Bansal and Ankit Nagori. The startup plans to use the funding to further reinforce its technology and build scalable growth channels.
2) Spanugo founded by Doc Vaidhyanathan and Doss Karan- Chennai-based Spanugo raised an undisclosed amount of money from the Ideaspring Capital and the Fabric along with strategic angel investors. The funding will be used for product development, go to market and expanding the tech team in India.
3) Headout founded by Suren Sultania, Varun Khona, and Vikram Jit Singh- US and India-based spontaneous experiences provider Headout raised $10 million in a Series A Funding round led by Nexus Venture Partners. The funds will be used for launching services in 100 cities by 2019, expanding the team worldwide and investing in technology to further enable unified last-minute mobile reservations for local experiences.
4) MEngage founded by Manmohan Singh- Jaipur-based app factory platform MEngage raised seed round of $175K from group of angels- Siddharth Agarwal (CEO, Silk Asia and President , TiE Rajasthan), Mahaveer Sharma (Chairman, RAIN ), Amit Singal (Founder & CEO, Startup Buddy), Anil Gupta from Doha , Sanjay Harpavat , Dr. Bharat Mohan Raturi, Dr Dhananjay Mangal and 100 Co-founders Lab.
5) Shop101 founded by Abhinav Jain: Social e-commerce platform Shop101 secured $5 million in a funding round from Stellaris Venture Partners. Others who participated in the funding round were Vy Capital, TaxiForSure co-founder Raghunandan G, and Lispace co-founder Ramakant Sharma. The startup will be utilizing the funds to reinforce its core leadership and product team, scale the supplier network and improve the technology platform.
6) Survaider founded by Tushar Mishra: Bengaluru-based SaaS-based customer experience management platform Survaider secured an undisclosed amount of money from Rajesh Dembla, an investor for Justdial and Dunzo. The startup plans to scale to $1 million ARR along with adding more geography internationally.
7) SmartVizX founded by Gautam Tewari: Noida-based virtual reality startup SmartVizX raised $1.45 million in a pre-series A funding round from YourNest Venture Capital along with the participation of the Indian Angel Network’s IAN fund. The funds will be deployed for scaling up the product team and building additional capabilities to the product, along with international expansion.
8) 19th Mile founded by Vijay Gogoi: Gurugram-based AI-based field acceleration startup 19th Mile raised a round of angel investments $180K led by HNIs. The startup will be using the funds to strengthen its product, boost technology team, and launch brand awareness initiatives in India and other international markets.
9) IndiaLends founded by Mayank Kachhwaha: Delhi-based consumer lending startup IndiaLends raised $10 million in a Series B round of funding led by London-headquartered asset management firm ACPI Investment Managers and India-focused venture capital firm Ganesh Ventures. Amex ventures, along with the other existing investors in the company, such as DSG Consumer Partners and AdvantEdge Partners, also participated in the latest funding round. The startup will be launching new products such as an app-based line of credit and point-of-sale loans to meet the needs of our customers.
10) McXtra founded by A S Narayanan and Nimish Airon: Mumbai-based digital insurance startup McXtra raised a pre-Series A round of $1.3 million funding from a group of twelve unnamed investors. The startup will be deploying the funds to scale up its tech platform and to reach out to more users.
11) Wishberry founded by Anshulika Dubey and Priyanka Agarwal: Mumbai-based crowdfunding platform secured $1.4 million in a series A round of funding from Reliance Entertainment and 3one4 Capital. The funding will be used to launch crowdfunded film studio for low-budget cinema. Further, the startup will utilize funds to expand its team, especially to hire experienced talent in the film production and distribution space.
12) SynThera Biomedical founded by Nilay Lakhkar: Pune-based healthcare startup, SynThera Biomedical raised an undisclosed amount of Seed funding led by an equity crowdfunding platform 1Crowd and the Biotechnology Industry Research Council (BIRAC) seed scheme. The funding will be utilized for the expansion and launch of their first line of bone graft substitute products in the market.
13) 5th Vital founded by Pratap Chandra: Bengaluru-based healthcare services startup 5th Vital raised $250K from Brand Capital, the Times of India’s strategic investment arm. The company will use the funds for expansion and marketing.
14) iNICU founded by Gautam Yadav and Harpreet Singh: New-Delhi based information technology service provider iNICU (Integrated Neo Natal Intensive Care Unit) raised an undisclosed amount of money from Venture Catalysts. The startup will be using the funding to enter into international healthcare market to address the global need with its solution.
15) Genext Students founded by Ali Asgar Kagzi and Asad Daud: Mumbai-based O2O education solutions providing platform Genext Students raised $250K in a bridge round of funding from a group of undisclosed investors. The startup will use the funds raised to fuel its expansion plans in terms of services and markets while it will also make its tech backbone more strong. In terms of tech integration, it will expand the role of AI and other tech tools that will be useful for tutors to deliver much better & measured learning outcomes.
16) Magic Crate founded by Karthik Lakshman: Bengaluru-based education startup Magic Crate raised an undisclosed amount of money in its 3rd round of funding from Fireside Ventures and 3one4 Capital. Magic Crate will be using the funds to develop a new range of products, market the brand, and to grow the sales channel.
17) Boodmo founded by Oleksandr Danylenko and Yevgen Sokolnikov: Gururgram-based online marketplace for automobile spare parts Boodmo raised $729.6K worth of investment through FDI from an undisclosed investor. The startup will be expanding its sorting hubs nationally and fortify its existing operations.
Real Estate Industry
18) Zippserv founded by Sudeep Anandapuram and Debashish Hota: Bengaluru-based real estate risk assessment platform Zippserv raised pre-Series A funding of $440K led by their existing investors, including Info Edge (India) Ltd. The company will use the new funds to aid in the expansion of their offerings to Mumbai and Pune in the coming months.