Do you use Instagram stories ads?
Looking for ways to increase your conversions and brand awareness?
Instagram stories ads help you to boost brand awareness, gain more followers, and improve your sales!
It leaves you in a great position to get ahead of the competition and let marketers drive conversions.
- Instagram Stories Ads
- Preferences for creating ads in Instagram Stories:
- 7 Objectives for Instagram Story Ads
- Instagram Story Ads Sizes and Specs
- Image Creative
- Video Creative
- #1 Keep Your Message Short
- #2 Use Your Brand Logo
- #3 Include a Strong CTA
- #4 Finish Videos with a Solid Message
- Watch DSIM Trainees Celebrating Last Day of Batch
Instagram Stories Ads
Instagram Stories Ads come up between users’ Stories in the format (either a single photo or video up to 15 seconds long) and last for just 24 hours.
In this article, you’ll learn how to use Instagram Stories ads to improve your marketing results.
Preferences for creating ads in Instagram Stories:
- Photo: An image ad will play for 5 seconds. You can create photo ads with Creative Hub or Facebook Ads Manager, or you can upload from your own designs.
- Video: Video ads play for up to 15 seconds and can be created with Facebook’s Creative Hub or Ads Manager or you can design and edit your own ad and uploaded it to Facebook’s Ad Manager.
- Carousel: Carousel ads for stories let brands play up to 3 parts of the content (video and photos) within a single ad.
7 Objectives for Instagram Story Ads
- Brand Awareness: Increase awareness for your brand by finding people more expected to be interested in it.
- Reach: Show your ad to the maximum number of people.
- Video views: Get more people to view your video content.
- Conversions: Drive valuable actions on your app or website.
- App installs: Get more people to install your app.
- Lead Generation: Drive sales leads like email addresses and phone numbers.
- Traffic: Send more people to your website.
Instagram Story Ads Sizes and Specs
3 sizing formats to choose from when creating your story ad:
- Square (1:1)
- Landscape (1.91:1)
- Vertical (4:5)
Recommended resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels (you can go as low as 600 x 1067 pixels)
- File type: .jpg or .png
- File size: 30MB max
- Length: Images show for 5 seconds by default
- File type: .mp4 or .mov
- File size: 4GB max
- Length: Up to 15 seconds
- Supported codecs: H.264, VP8
#1 Keep Your Message Short
Your message should be short and sweet for Instagram stories ads.
In a stories ad, a ‘sponsored’ label appears in the top, right corner of your post and tells that your post is an ad and not your day-to-day Instagram Stories.
Instagram Stories Ads ensure it stands out and delivers the message within a matter of seconds.
Now, audience attention span is very little, if you aren’t grabbing the attention of your audience instantly, and they notice it’s an ad, be ready for it to be bounced.
If you want to make a Stories ad that converts, it’s important to have a short and effective message that is easy to read.
#2 Use Your Brand Logo
If your aim is to increase brand awareness and reach new audiences, posting an Instagram Stories ad with your brand logo is important.
Instagram story ads are not meant for your followers that are viewed by those you target.
People that haven’t heard of your brand before, how will they know who you are without a logo noticeable? The only thing that is visible is your Instagram handle in the top right corner.
If you’re not displaying your brand in your Instagram Stories ad, you’re at high risk of losing money and having audiences swipe past without spotting who posted the ad!
#3 Include a Strong CTA
Including a CTA in your Instagram Stories Ads is important. It gives users an extra push.
If you really want engaging Instagram story ad, you must be directing the art of cheering your audience to swipe up and take action. This can be achieved effectively by creating a sense of urgency.
You should give them clear commands and tell them to do something. For example- Swipe up, Download an app, or to shop for products. Giving directions to your audience will motivate them to take action.
#4 Finish Videos with a Solid Message
When your audiences watch stories, they’re fascinated to see what’s next.
If you want your ads to be eye-catching and your user keeps watching until the very last second, then a good tactic is to end your video with a solid 2 seconds message, still screen to give audiences time to click before the ad is over and gone.
Using Instagram Stories Ads is a great idea, it is very effective. It is used for brands looking to achieve more brand awareness and drive sales or for those who are looking to improve their personal branding. If done correctly, a successful Instagram advertising strategy will help you lead the platform.