Table of Contents
Consumer Internet Industry
1) Living Local founded by Neeraj Vasudev and Anubhav Anand: Mumbai-based hyper-local social discovery platform Living Local has raised $200K in seed funding from Rattan Chadha, former CEO of Mexx Europe Holding. The startup is looking to close its Series A funding within the next three months and is already in talks with investors. The funds raised will be used for expanding its operations, enhancing its online platform besides marketing the brand.
2) PriceRaja founded by Vivek Pahwa: Price comparison and deal aggregation portal PriceRaja has raised funding of 2 crores from Prashant Puri, Founder and CEO of AdLift and he will be joining the startup in an advisory role. The website currently sees three million visits and about twelve million page views per month.
3) Oyo Rooms founded by Ritesh Agarwal: Hotel room aggregator Oyo Rooms has raised $100 million from existing investors, including Japan’s SoftBank, Sequoia Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Greenoaks Capital, DSG Consumer Partners, and Venture Nursery.
4) Mind Your Fleet founded by Malvinder Singh Rikhy and Jitender Arora: This Noida-based, a ground transportation and logistics software provider has secured an undisclosed amount in angel round of funding. The investors have expressed to remain anonymous as of now. “The raised funds will be used to scale up infrastructure and talent acquisition process.” Founded in October 2014, Mind Your Fleet is a SaaS company providing an end-to-end online enterprise tool for ground transportation & logistics companies.
5) Nest Away founded by Amarendra Sahu, Smruti Parida, Deepak Dhar, and Jitendra Jagadev: Home rental startup NestAway has raised $30million in a round led by Tiger Global. Founded in Jan 2015, the company is an online marketplace for home rentals that turns unfurnished houses into fully-furnished and managed apartments, and provides them at affordable prices to pre-verified tenants. Nestaway rents homes to over 10,000 tenants across Bangalore, Delhi NCR, Pune, and Hyderabad. The startup is planning to expand to Mumbai and Chennai soon. Earlier in February 2016, Ratan Tata invested an undisclosed amount in Nestaway.
6) TapChief founded by Shashank Murali, Binay Krishna Shivam and Arjun Krishna Vasisht: This startup that helps people in getting professional advice in any domain via simple, humble phone call, has secured a funding of $150K from PayTm founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma. The funding was received as the result of winning a contest called “Chase Your Dreams- Ideathon’ Contest” organized by Mind Batteries. The Bengaluru-based startup was founded this year itself.
7) MagicX founded by Pratyush Prasanna and Arun Kumar: Bengaluru-based MagicX, an on-demand, chat-enabled, AI-powered app to manage day-to-day tasks, has raised $1 million from marquee investors including Kris Gopalakrishnan, Co-Founder CEO, Infosys, and others. MagicX, formerly Magic Tiger, has racked up oover 100,000 downloads since it was launched on Feb 24 2016, and plans to use the funds for team expansion, marketing initiatives, new service categories, and technology upgradation.
8) Hippily founded by Dr. Viswanath Ramachandran and Prajakt Deolasee: Mumbai-based fashion e-commerce startup Hippily has raised $250K in seed round of funding from a group of angel investors in India, USA, and Singapore. Founded in 2013, the startup offers apps for Android and iOS for women to discover, shop and share fashion products, with over 30 stores tied up as partners.
9) Happydemic founded by Shaan and Radhika Mukherjee: Singer Shaan has launched an online startup named as Happydemic to bring performance artists and customers on a single platform. Shaan’s wife Radhika Mukherji and Amar Pandit, founder and chief executive of My Financial Advisor, have also joined in the founding team. The startup will act as platform for performance artists to get access to customers.
10) LegalRaasta founded by Himanshu Jain and Pulkit Jain: Online legal service provider LegalRaasta has reportedly raised Rs. 6.5 crores in an angel round from Praveen Khandelwal and Yatin Kumar. Founded in 2015, the startup helps with company formation, trademark, and filing of IT returns, and offers a door step services with a 30-day money back guarantee.
11) RainCan founded by Abhijeet Kumar and Munendra Singh: Pune-based Raincan, a subscription-based grocery delivery startup has raised an additional angel funding of Rs.1 crore from existing investors and Aniruddha Malpani. Founded in 2015, the startup provides an app for Android users, and delivers items such as dairy, meat, bakery, fruits and vegetables.
12) Indi founded by Neel Grover and Greg Giraudi: Actor Anil Kapoor has invested an undisclosed amount in Indi.com, a California-based video social network, and now appears in a promotional video on the website’s homepage. The platform was founded in 2013, and plans to launch in India on April 28.
13) Deal4Loans founded by Rishi Mehra: Noida-based Deal4Loans, a loan information and application portal that provides information on personal, home, car and business loans, and credit cards from different banks has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from international investors, including Ram Shriram, Neeraj Arora, Samir Sood, and Puru Vashishtha. Founded in 2009, the company has booked over Rs. 10,000 crores in loans through seven million customers.
14) Wedwise founded by Ginny Kohli: Wedwise, a portal for wedding planners, photographers, caterers and other related service providers, has raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding from StartUp Equity Partners. The funds will be primarily used for the development of Wedwise TV, a YouTube channel focused on wedding planning and wedding themes. “WedWise is a close-knit community that allows people to look for wedding inspiration, find professionals to carry out certain tasks, or vendors to reach out to customers.
15) Renewbuy founded by Balachander Sekhar and Indraneel Chatterjee: Gurgaon-based online motor insurance comparison provider Renewbuy has raised $500K in an angel round of funding led by Singapore-based Mount Nathan Advisors Pte Ltd. The portal founded in 2014 claims to have served 450 car owners this month.
16) Vyomo founded by Abhinav Khare: Vyomo, an aggregator of beauty salon doorstep services funded by cricketer Yuvraj Singh, will become a part of Naturals with the nation’s largest salon chain investing Rs 100 crore for a controlling stake. This deal, the first where a brickand-mortar salon chain is collaborating with an app-based beauty services aggregator, will give Naturals an entry into the on-demand beauty services space. Vyomo, which will be renamed Naturals@ Home, will get access to a large pool of stylists and wider reach.
17) VegFru founded by Anil Chopra: SaaS player Wingify made an undisclosed investment in VegFru.com, an online B2B marketplace that connects farmers and suppliers in fruit and vegetable trading directly with retailers and large consumers. VegFru sees itself as an ‘online-mandi’ where a farmer or a co-op can find buyers giving them the right price, as well as where wholesalers and buyers can find farmers supplying good quality produce at a reasonable price. Registration is free and open to all fruits and vegetables business owners, and there are 5,000 vendors currently listed on VegFru platform.
18) KredX founded by Manish Kumar, Anurag Jain, and Puneet Agarwal: Bengaluru-based KredX, an invoice-discounting platform, has raised $750K in a seed funding round from Prime Venture Partners. Founded by IIT and Stanford alumni in 2015, the platform connects credit-worthy SMEs (small and medium enterprises) looking to raise working capital to individual financiers looking for opportunities to earn above-average financial returns.
19) Organic Shop founded by Bharat Mitra and Manuj Terapanthi: Leading marketplace for organic products in India, Organic Shop has raised an undisclosed sum in a pre-series funding from Rajasthan Angel Investors Network. The company will use the proceeds for strengthening its team, adding more business lines, and boosting its technology platform. Founded in 2011, Organic Shop raised the first round in 2013 from RAIN and the company today features more than 11,000 SKU sourced from over 110 brands in India.
20) LenDen Club founded by Bhavin Patel and Dipesh Karki: Peer-to-peer lending platform LenDen Club has raised an undisclosed sum of funding in a seed funding round from Venture Catalysts, a seed stage investor. Founded in 2014, LenDenClub connects salaried borrowers to individual lenders on its Web-based platform. The platform considers a combination of traditional and non-traditional data points to validate the credit-worthiness of the lender, and has arranged more than 150 loans till date.
21) BeaconsTalk founded by Ashish Kumar, Vinay Hinge and Diwakar Mitr: Mumbai-based proximity marketing firm BeaconsTalk has raised under $100K in a pre-Series A round of funding. The startup has deployed 1,500 sensors and plans to grow to around 10,000 sensors by October.
Table of Contents