Consumer Internet Industry
1) Wassup founded by Balachandar R: Chennai-based on-demand laundry services startup Wassup secured $3.2 million in Pre-Series A round from existing investors which includes Anil Jain (MD at Refex Energy), HNIs from India and the Middle East. The company plans to use the freshly raised funds for expansion and to build a stronger management team.
2) GoBumpr founded by Nandha Kumar Ravi, Karthik Venkateswaran, and Sundar Natesan: Automobile services platform, GoBumpr secured $300K in funding from The Chennai Angels. The investment round was led by Mahalingam K, partner, TSM Group. GoBumpr had raised a round of funding from Keiretsu Forum six months back.
3) Innov8 founded by Ritesh Malik, Shailesh Gupta, and Sumit Ranka: Delhi-based coworking office space provider Innov8 raised an undisclosed amount of angel funding from LetsVenture, Venture Catalysts. Independent angel investors like Rajan Anandan (VP of India, Southeast Asia, Google), S. Somasegar (MD, Madrona Venture Group), Vijay Shekhar Sharma (founder, Paytm), Girish Mathrubootham (founder and CEO, Freshdesk), Kunal Shah (co-founder, FreeCharge), and others also participated in the round.
4) ZestMoney founded by Lizzie Chapman, Priya Sharma and Ashish Anantharaman: Fintech startup ZestMoney raised $6.5 million in its Series A round of funding from PayU India. Existing investors, US-based Ribbit Capital and Omidyar Network also participated in the round. This new round of funding will help ZestMoney to further augment its risk engine and develop the better in-house technology. It will also help the platform expand its partner network and bring “Pay Using ZestMoney EMI” to the majority of e-commerce websites and apps.
5) Aisle founded by Able Joseph: Online dating app Aisle secured an undisclosed amount of funding from the CIO Angel Network (CAN). The lead investors were Anthony Thomas and Sanjay Mehta. Konglo Ventures, White Unicorn Ventures, and LetsVenture also participated in the round.
6) Leopetra: Mumbai-based 360-degree solution provider for all pet needs, Leopetra was selected for Facebook’s developer-focused programme “FbStart” which caters to the early-stage, mobile-focused startups. As part of the programme, the startup will be provided with services and credits worth $40K.
7) CCAvenue: Infibeam has agreed to invest $22.4 million for further acquiring 7.5% equity shares of CCAvenue. Ahmedabad-based Infibeam is planning to join with payment gateway CCAvenue. In May 2016, Infibeam had invested about $6.7 million in the payment gateway. As per a recent filing, Infibeam currently holds 3.85% of equity shares in CCAvenue.
8) Townscript founded by Sachin Sharma and Sanchit Malik: Online entertainment ticketing brand BookMyShow invested an undisclosed amount for a majority stake in DIY event registration and ticketing portal, Townscript. Townscript will use the funds towards scaling and refining its product offering and consequent expansion as well.
9) Urban Ladder founded by Ashish Goel and Rajiv Srivatsa: Urban Ladder, an online furniture retailer raised $15.2 million from existing investors. The list included Kalaari Capital, SAIF Partners, Steadview Capital, and Sequoia Capital.
10) Truebil founded by Suraj Kalwani, Ravi Chirania, Shubh Bansal, Shubh Bansal, and Ritesh Pandey: A Mumbai-based online marketplace for buying and selling secondhand cars Truebil secured $3 million in its Series A round of funding led by Chinese VC firm Shunwei Capital. The startup plans to deploy the freshly infused funds to intensify its operations, invest in skill development and bolster technological infrastructure of the company.
11) Flutura founded by Srikanth Muralidhara, Derick Jose, and Krishnan Raman: Bengaluru-based IoT startup Flutura Decision Sciences and Analytics secured $7.5 million Series A funding from Vertex Ventures and supported by Lumis Partners and existing investor, The Hive. The startup will utilize the funding for market expansion and focus on deep industry expertise.
12) Fyle founded by Yashwanth Madhusudan and Sivaramakrishnan Narayanan: Expense Management Company Fyle Technologies raised $400K in its angel round of funding from early-stage venture firm Pravega Ventures. Venture fund Beenext, Phanindra Sama, Richa Kar, and Joydeep Sen Sharma also participated in the round.
13) AirZaar founded by Ravi Sahu and Ali Ahmadi: Drone operations management platform AirZaar raised $350K in seed funding from New York-based VC firm Quake Capital. Missouri Technology Corporation, a public-private partnership that provides seed money for tech startups and a few other strategic angel investors also participated in the round. The company plans to utilize the funds to monetize its mining industry product and to launch additional workflow products for the construction industry.
14) Imaginate founded by Jean Mathews: Hyderabad-based augmented and virtual reality startup, Imaginate raised $500K in its angel round of funding from US-based early stage VC fund, SRI Capital. Post funding, Sashi Reddi, MD, SRI Capital will join Imaginate’s board of directors. The latter’s early seed investor; IIIT-Hyderabad has exited the company with this round of funding.
15) Cloud 1: Property consultant JLL India’s investment arm invested an undisclosed amount in NCR-based Cloud1 Enterprises, a technology platform for bringing efficiency in employee transportation. With the raised funds, Cloud1 will focus on data integration with traditional fleet management systems to convert telematics insights into fleet productivity.
16) SigTuple founded by Rohit Pandey, Apurv Anand, and Tathagato Dastidar: Bengaluru-based health technology start-up SigTuple Technologies Pvt. Ltd. has raised $5.8 million in series A round of funding from existing investor Accel Partners. The company will deploy the fresh funds to expand the team, invest in product development and venture into the overseas market.
17) Blood n Care: Gurugram-based first aid care app Blood n Care was selected for Facebook’s developer-focused programme “FbStart” which caters to the early-stage, mobile-focused startups. As part of the programme, the startup will be provided with services and credits worth $40K.
18) Better Mortgage founded by Vishal Garg: Gurugram- and New York-based fintech startup Better Mortgage raised $15 million in a Series B round of funding led by Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, and Pine Brook. The startup will deploy the new capital to support the launch and expansion of Better Mortgage’s home purchase finance product.
19) Connaizen founded by Sanchit Kapoor, Vikas Bharti, and Nikhil Garg: Delhi-based data analytics firm Connaizen raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Vikram Sud, former Asia-Pacific O&T head at Citigroup and ex-group COO of Kotak Mahindra Group. The startup aims to soon go live with four private banks.
Online Media Industry
20) YourStory founded by Shradha Sharma: Media company YourStory raised $3 million in its private equity round of funding from existing investors Kalaari Capital Partners III LLC, Qualcomm Asia Pacific Pte Ltd, 3ONE4 Capital Advisors LLP and UC-RNT Fund.
21) The Ken founded by Rohin Dharmakumar: India’s first subscription-only business news site The Ken raised an angel funding round of $400K. The investors who participated in the round include Aprameya Radhakrishna, Deepak Natraj, Girish Mathrubhootham, Mahesh Murthy, Pallav Nadhani, Pavan Ongole, Sandeep Mathur, Shan Krishnasamy, Shanmugam Nagarajan, V Balakrishnan, and Vijay Shekhar Sharma.
Learn from real practitioners not just trainers.