Last updated on November 28th, 2016 at 10:58 am
1) Mumbai-based food technology startup Holachef has secured about $3.1 million in Series A round of funding led by venture capital firm Kalaari Capital. The startup will use the funds to invest in infrastructure and technology. Founded by IIT Bombay graduates Saurabh Saxena, Anil Gelra and Ritu Rana last year, Holachef delivers home-cooked food to consumers.
2 ) On-demand home services marketplace Housejoy has raised $4 million in Series Around of funding from Matrix Partners. The proceeds will be utilized in scaling the technology platform and expanding its services to more new cities.
3) Bangalore based talent sourcing startup Belong has raised $5 million in Series Around of funding led by Matrix Partners India. Blume Ventures; Snapdeal co-founders Kunal Bahl and Rohit Bansal; Phanindra Sama, co-founder of redBus, and Raju Reddy, founder of Sierra Atlantic, also joined the funding round.Company will utilize the funds in building the team and technology.Founded in 2014 by BITS Pilani alumnus Vijay Sharma and Sudheendra Chilappagari, Belong assists enterprises in hiring people through data science and predictive analytics. The company has helped many startups in their hiring process of over 100+ candidates for the companies like Snapdeal, Zivame, LocalOye, Akosha and others.
4 )ixigo, a Gurgaon based travel search platform startup has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from mobile phone maker company Micromax. Ixigo will use the money in its expansionprocess of its product and technology team. It will also add 25,000 small and mid-sized travel service providers to its marketplace offering. Launched in 2007, the company has served to more than 60 million travelers.
5) Skill Angels,a Chennai based gamified skill assessment and enhancement platform for K-12 Students has recently raised an undisclosed amount in an angel round led by Sprout Angels LLP.Founded in 2013, Skill Angels offers an extensive suite of over 500 games with a rich audio-visual online experience that provides self-paced learning, controlled gaming and supports skill development in a fun filled way.
6) Marketing technology startup Vidgyor based out in Bangalore has raised $500,000 from AngelPrime. The company will utilize the raised amount to expand itself to South-east Asia in the coming 6 months, expand its user base, and develop itstechnology.
7) New Delhi and California based Match Making Platform Banihal has raised an undisclosed amount from Dr. David Cheriton, the billionaire Computer Science Prof. from Stanford University who also wrote the first check for Google as well.
8) Goodservice, a 24 hour chat-based concierge app based out in Delhi has raised seed funding of $1.6 million from Sequoia Capital. The company will invest the funds in technology and its operation. Currently available on the android, soon app for iOS platform will be released. The company has also plans to expand in other cities in the country.
9) Bangalore based online budget hotel booking chain Treebohas raised $6 million in Series Around of funding co-led by Matrix Partners India and SAIF Partners. The company was founded earlier this year by former Myntra executives Sidharth Gupta and Rahul Chaudhary, along with Kadam Jeet Jain. Currently the company has an inventory of 200 rooms and has plans to scale up to 5,000 rooms across 20 cities in India.
10) EduKart, a Delhi based online education marketplace has raised $1 million in Series A round of funding from Holostik Group, YouWeCan Ventures, 500 Startups, Vijay Shekhar Sharma, Manish Kheterpal, and Amit Patni. The raised amount will be deployed in enhancing the technology platform, increasing sales and in marketing of the brand.
11) Gurgaon-based online healthcare marketplace Healthians.com has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from cricketer Yuvraj Singh’s YouWeCan Ventures. It has plans to expand into 50 cities of the country, profile over 1 million users for HealthiansPLUS, crowd source over 1,000 mobile health advisors and conduct more than 200,000 tests in 8-12 months.
12) Hubli based education startup LabInApp, has raised $94K in seed round of funding from Unitus Seed Fund along with Sylvant Advisors. Currently LabInApp has enrolled 35 institutions in tier two cities such as Hubli, Dharwad, Davangere and Gulbarga and has quick plans to increase its market by targeting more institutions.
13) Chennai based beauty and wellness platform Syona Cosmetics has raised an undisclosed amount from the Chennai Angels, a group of investors.It offers its services and products under the brand name Estrella Professional. It will utilize the raised fund to expand operations across South India and enter the retail segment as well.
14) Noida based Sigrid Education; an e-learning platform has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Oliphans Capital, an early stage investment firm. The company will use the funding amount in creating and introducing courses in the 50 most prominent test-prep and K12 curriculum areas over the next 6 months.
15) Big data and cloud based SaaS product intelligence platform Indix has raised $15 million in Series C round of funding led by Nokia Growth Partners, Nexus Venture Partners and Avalon Ventures. The proceeds will be utilized to propel the workforce and expand sales and marketing.
16) The Porter, a Mumbai-based online logistics marketplace to book trucks and tempos has raised $5.5 millionin Series A round of funding led by Sequoia Capital, Kae Capital and angels like Shaadi.com founder Anupam Mittal, Freecharge co-founder Sandeep Tandon and JM Financial’s Rajeev Chitrabhanu. The company has plans to expand its services to 6 more cities in the next 6 months.
17) Bangalore based startup Retention.ai that helps app developers to analyze the users and retain them better, has received $500K in funding from Mercury Fund, Anshu Sharma (Ex-VP Salesforce), Pratyush Prasanna (Ex-VP Paytm), Robert Winters (Managing Director DaVinci Capital) and some other undisclosed angels in India and US. The proceeds will be used in the expansion process in US and Japan.
18) Fusion Microfinance, a Delhi based micro finance platform has raised $8.6 million in Series C round of funding from Belgian Investment Company. Founded in 2010, Delhi-based Fusion predominantly offers financial services to women in the rural and semi urban areas in six different states of India. The proceeds will be utilized in strengtheningthe company’s presence across northern and central India, solidify its team and enhance the technology platform.
19) Bangalore based Freight logistics platform Zinka has raised $6 million in Series A round of funding from Accel Partners and Flipkart.Founded in 2014 by Rajesh Yabaji and Chanakya Hridaya, Zinka helps customers in moving anything from anywhere to everywhere.
20) CreditMantri, a Chennai based credit management services provider to lenders and borrowers has raised $2.5 million in Series A round of funding from IDG Ventures India, Elevar Equity and Accion Venture Lab. The company will use the proceeds to broaden and accelerate their platform development and to further build out their user base.
21) Mumbai based same-day peon delivery service GetMyPeon has raised its first round of seed funding of $250Kfrom undisclosed investors. The funds received will be invested in infrastructure, technology, vehicles, hiring more executives on field, mobile platform and geographical expansion.