Table of Contents
New Delhi Based Startups:
1) Blue Tokai coffee founded by Matt Chittaranjan: Online specialty coffee retailer, Blue Tokai Coffee Roasters, has raised an undisclosed amount in a seed round of funding led by Snow Leopard Ventures with participation from Bold Ventures. The company aims to use these funds to add more roasteries in other major cities across India.
2) Gamooz founded by Gaurav Wadwa and Harish Mathur: Gurgaon based startup Gamooz, a developer of augmented reality apps for publishers, manufacturers, and events, has secured $22,500 at Entrepreneurship Summit 2016. The startup showcased its augmented reality mobile app for text books and children’s books at the event.
3) RoadGods founded by Apoorv Mangalam and Ashish Kumar: Startup accelerator Green House Ventures (GHV) has on-boarded a disruptive product design & marketplace platform RoadGods. The startup has built an online marketplace for outdoor and automotive products.
4) PindropMusic founded by Sumit Chakraborty and Prankush Roopanwal: Startup accelerator Green House Ventures (GHV) has on-boarded a music discovery app PindropMusic. It has raised $100K in seed funding. PindropMusic App is discovering the music you really want to enjoy based on your environment.
5) Perfumery founded by Mohit Khatri: An e-commerce platform that sells fragrances, Perfumery, has raised $30K in its seed round of funding led by Delhi-based Oranda Global and other angel investors. The newly raised capital will be used for Phase 2 of expansion and for the creation of a specialized marketplace dedicated to luxury perfumes.
6) SmartCooky: NDTV E-commerce’s venture, SmartCooky, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from VLCC founder Vandana Luthra. The startup is a marketplace for health products and personal care products and is an extension of NDTV’s existing food site.
7) Heads Up For Tails founded by Rashi Narang: Luxury brand for pet products, Heads Up For Tails (HUFT), has raised an undisclosed amount in seed funding led by individual investors from the USA, Singapore, and India. The company will be used the raised capital to launch 4-6 new points of sale this year, including one in New Delhi next month.
8) LiveNutriFit founded by Jalote and Dr. Anjali Hooda Sangwan: New Delhi based LiveNutriFit, a preventive and integrative healthcare organization, with the main focus on lifestyle modification, nutrition optimization, and functional fitness, has raised a seed round of funding. The round was led by Omaxe CEO Mohit Goel; Magppie Retail MD Vinod Jain; Haryana Olympic Association VP Sandeep Sangwan and Himalaya Publishing House director Anuj Pandey. The startup aims to utilize the raised funding for a brand building, customer acquisition, and marketing purposes.
Bangalore Based Startups:
9) Oust Labs founded by Shrikant Latkar: Edtech startup Oust Labs has raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding from T.V. Mohandas Pai and Aarin Capital. The startup aims to combine the fun and social aspects of mobile gaming with a rigorous curriculum.
10) Strike founded by Akshay Katyal and Aishwarya Jain: Smartphone app Strike, which lets users research and connects with people on the Gmail app based on the user’s contacts and degrees of separation, has received $22,500 in seed funding from angel investors at the Entrepreneurship Summit 2016 event. The Bengaluru-based startup offers an app on Google Play, which currently has a 4.6 star rating.
11) Woodpie founded by Anuradha Bajpai and Manoj Jindal: Bangalore based book review and recommendation startup, Woodpie, has been selected to participate in a 14-week-long business building program as a part of ‘1440 Accelerator for Publishing Innovation’. Ingram Content Group and the Nashville Entrepreneur Centre sponsor the accelerator. As part of the program, Woodpie will receive $30K in seed funding in exchange for 7% equity in the company.
12) Magic Crate founded by Viswanathan Ramakrishnan and Karthik Lakshman: An early childhood learning startup, Magic Crate, has received an undisclosed amount of seed funding led by Aarin Capital and TV Mohandas Pai in his personal capacity. The startup will use the raised funds towards expanding its product portfolio, growing the team and scaling up manufacturing.
13) Zendrive founded by Pankaj Risbood and Jonathan Matus: Mobile-tech startup, Zendrive, has raised $13.5 million in Series A round of funding led by Sherpa Capital. This round saw participation from Nyca Partners, Thomvest Ventures (Peter J. Thomson) and existing investors, First Round Capital, BMW i Ventures, Fontinalis Partners (Bill Ford) and Tad Montross. The startup will use the newly raised fund to focus on safety innovation and to grow its team.
14) BHiVE founded by Shesh Paplikar and Ravindra M.K: BHiVE Workspace, a Bangalore-based workspace solution provider for startups has raised an undisclosed amount in seed funding led by Raghunandan G, Rajesh Rai, Arihant Patni, Sanjay Mirchandani and Arun Narayan. The funding will be used to open BHIVE in its fourth location in Bangalore.
Mumbai Based Startups:
15) SoundSurround founded by Pritam Baral, and Ashray Malhotra: Mumbai based SoundSurround, which has built a system that, connects up to thousands of wearable speakers to give a highly immersive concert experience has raised $22,500 in seed funding at The Ten Minute Million event organized by the Entrepreneurship Cell of IIT Bombay.
16) Turtlemint founded by Dhirendra Mahyavanshi and Anand Prabhudesai: Online-insurance seller, Turtlemint, has raised an undisclosed amount in a funding round led by Nexus Venture Partners. Blume Ventures also participated in this round. The startup will use the newly raised capital to scale up its technology & operations and to expand the team.
Pune Based Startup:
17) Altizon founded by Vinay Nathan, Yogesh Kulkarni and Ranjit Nair: IoT startup Altizon Systems has raised $4 million in series A round of funding led by Wipro Ventures. Other participants in this round included Lumis Partners and existing investors, The Hive and Infuse Ventures. The startup will use the newly raised capital to scale up sales and marketing functions in India and the international market.
18) Mazkara founded by Prasanjeet Roy and Mohammad Ali Akmal: Beauty and wellness startup, Mazkara, raised $1 million in a seed round of funding from Dubai-based Dunamis Ventures. The raised capital will be used to expand its product team and subsequently launch operations in Delhi, Mumbai and Abu Dhabi.
19) American Vision founded by Ajay G Kashikar: Pune based startup that aggregates optical stores has raised $81,000 in seed round of funding from two angel investors. The most of the amount raised would be used to upgrade the existing stores in Pune and for brand building. Part of the money will also be used to expand to Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Chhattisgarh and Andhra Pradesh.
Chennai Based Startup:
20) MaaxMarket founded by Lenin Srinivasan: Chennai based marketing automation tool MaaxMarket has secured $22,500 in seed funding at the Entrepreneurship Summit. Founded in 2015 by Lenin Srinivasan, the SaaS product uses machine learning and predictive analytics to drive content, social media, and email marketing to customers based on their online behaviour.
Vadodara Based Startup:
21) Gingercrush founded by Rajvi Makol & Saumya Nidhi: Merchandising and product customization platform has raised $1 million in Pre Series A round of funding led by Saha Fund. Mohandas Pai’s family office, Zia Mody (AZB Partners), Mumbai Angels, Ananda Kallugadde (NeoAngels), Rakesh Desai & Rakesh Malhotra (SAR Group) also participated in this round.
Varanasi Based Startup:
22) DawaiLelo founded by Aditya Agrawal and Arpit Sarin: DL Lifecare Pvt Ltd, a healthcare startup which helps people connect with medical stores, doctors, pathology labs through its website and app, has raised $52,000 in seed funding from two angel investors. The funds raised will be used to upgrade its technology and expand its presence.
Table of Contents