Last updated on November 27th, 2016 at 04:08 pm
Consumer Internet Industry
1) CityFurnish founded by Neerav Jain: This Furniture rental startup has raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding from Brand Capital. Existing investor Manoj Gupta, Director, Credit Suisse also participated in this round. The startup plans to launch its services in Pune this month. It also seeks to increase its footprint in Mumbai, Hyderabad and Chennai.
2) Twigly founded by Minhas, Rohan Dayal and Naresh Kumar Kachhi: This Food-tech startup Twigly has raised $600K seed funding from Tracxn Labs, Hyderabad Angels, Kunal Shah, Aditya Verma, Gaurav Bhalotia, partners at McKinsey and other angels participated in this funding round of Twigly. The startup will use the funds for top of the funnel marketing, expansion to Delhi and Bangalore.
3) ShareChat founded by Farid Ahsan, Bhanu Singh and Ankush Sachdeva: Vernacular content app, ShareChat has raised $1.35 million in seed round of funding from venture capital firm SAIF Partners. Existing investor India Quotient also participated in this round. The startup plans to grow its team size to 40 and user base to 15-20 million over the next one year. It claims to have more than 1.3 million downloads and five lakh monthly active users since its launch.
4) BankerBay founded by Narain and Romesh Jayawickrama: This Bangalore- and Singapore-based startup, which helps private equity and venture capital firms, hedge funds, banks and investment banks locate deal flow and capital, has raised $2 million in funding from a group of unnamed investors. The funding will be used for global expansion and building sales, marketing and business development teams in London and New York.
5) Urban Tailor founded by Vasudevan, Lavanya, and Ashish: This is a startup that customizes, professional tailoring service for women. It has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Unitus Seed Fund. B. S. Nagesh also participated in this round. He will be advising the company on strategy and growth. The startup will use the newly raised funds for building tailor capacity to undertake more orders/day. Also, the funds will be used to innovate its service offerings, and for expansion to more cities.
6) HiGrit founded by Bais and Manish Singh: On-demand legal services provider HiGrit has raised an undisclosed amount in seed funding from two Chandigarh-based investors. The startup provides legal services to startups, entrepreneurs, small and medium-sized businesses and professionals through its online platform.
7) Rentomojo founded by Geetansh Bamannia and Ajay Nain: This home appliances and furniture rental marketplace has raised about $5 million from existing investors including Accel Partners and IDG Ventures India. The funding is believed to be part of the Series A round.
8) GyanDhan founded by Ankit Mehra and Jainesh Sinha: This education financing marketplace has raised an undisclosed amount in seed funding from Stanford Angels and Entrepreneurs, and Harvard Angels. Pravin Gandhi, partner at Seedfund Advisors also invested in his personal capacity. The startup will use the raised funds to build the tech platform, and to further develop their data sciences capabilities.
9) MintM founded by Aaron Patzer and Sachin Garg: This in-store customer engagement startup has raised an undisclosed amount of funding in its pre Series A funding round. The funding was co-led by Mumbai Angels and Times Internet following MintM’s step out from TLabs. With the newly raised capital, the startup plans to grow its signage platform Magnet across the world. It plans to make the product more intelligent and expand its fast-growing international markets.
10) YAAP founded by Nikhil Bapat and Manan Kapur: Rainmaker Ventures invested over $5 million in digital content service provider, YAAP. With this, Atul Hegde, co-founder, Rainmaker Ventures will join the YAAP board. The startup will use the current round of funding for improving branding and visual identity, automated content creation and content distribution platforms.
11) UTOO Cab founded by C Sivasankaran: This Chennai-based cab aggregator UTOO Cab has raised an undisclosed amount from Ajay Piramal, one of India’s leading industrialist and social entrepreneur, for a ‘marginal’ stake. The investment has been routed through Piramal Group company, Alpex Corporate Services.
12) FindMyStay founded by Rohit Khetrapal and Simran Sial: This reverse bidding platform for hotel booking has raised an undisclosed amount of Pre-Series A funding from the Indian Angel Network (IAN). Rishi Parti and Yogesh Bansal led this round. The startup will use the funds towards product development, brand building and also enhancing its technology.
13) Ridlr founded by Ravi Khemani and Brijraj: Public transport app Ridlr raised $6 million in Series B round of funding led by Times Internet and Innoven Capital. Existing investors Matrix Partners India and Qualcomm Ventures, also participated in this round. The raised funds will be used for scaling up public transport ticketing in focus cities, growing user-base, as well as hiring across key roles.
14) SatvaCart founded by Rahul Hari: This online grocery retailer has raised an undisclosed amount of angel funding from Abhijit Avasthi, Karan Chellani, and SP Vijay. The raised funds will be utilized to achieve complete break-even within next 4 quarters. The startup is also aiming to raise additional $2 million in next angel round.
15) Tripshelf founded by Jai Raj Gupta, Dhruv Gupta and Sukhmani Singh: This online travel marketplace has raised $250K in pre-Series A round of funding from Delhi-based GEMS Group. The newly raised funding will be used to establish traction with the customer and travel operator community.
16) Purplle founded by Manish Taneja and Rahul Dash: An online portal for beauty products, spa and salon services, Purplle has raised $6 million in a Series B round of funding from existing investors led by JSW Ventures. Blume Ventures and IvyCap Ventures also participated in the round. The startup plans to use some part of the capital to set up a warehouse in Bangalore.
17) Baggout founded by Deepak Jain and Prashant Mahajan: This Delhi based product aggregation portal has raised funding from multiple angel investors including Jabong CTO Sumit Jain, CommonFloor co-founder and CEO Sumit Jain, DGM Network founder Anurag Gupta, IREO PE Fund director Varun Khanna and Faraz Khan.
18) WorkApps founded by Ravi Khemani and Brijraj Vaghani: Intranet portal WorkApp that offers one-view to all the task requirements in an enterprise has raised $1 million in seed round of funding from SaaS investor, Sashi Reddi led SRI Capital. The startup plans to roll out its business globally for industries such as banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI), advertising and media, telecom and manufacturing.
19) ShoppinPal founded by Sriram Subramanian and Pulkit Singhal: This retail-tech startup has raised $1.07 million in its first equity round of funding. Plug and Play Tech Center and Steelhead Ventures led this round. The startup will use the funds to build its team and expand its market presence, primarily in India.
20) Trak N Tell founded by Pranshu Gupta: This automotive telematics technology company has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from a group of investors including Brian Acton, co-founder of WhatsApp. The startup plans to deploy the raised funds towards product development and business expansion.
21) SirionLabs founded by Ajay Agrawal and Claude Marais: This SaaS based product company has raised $12.25 million in Series B round led by existing investor Sequoia Capital India. Besides, QualGro Asean Fund and Canopy Ventures also participated in the round. The startup plans to utilize the funds to support expansion and R&D.
22) HEAL Institute founded by: This sports-focused healthcare startup HEAL Institute has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from a group of high-profile investors including former Standard Chartered ace banker Jaspal Bindra and son of JSW Group chairman Sajjan Jindal, Parth Jindal. The startup plans to use the fresh round of funding to expand its presence to various geographies. It also plans to raise $ 5-8 million in future.