Last updated on November 27th, 2016 at 04:10 pm
Consumer Internet Industry
1) PressPlay TV founded by Anand Sinha and George Abraham: This video content discovery platform PressPlay has raised an undisclosed amount in funding from SD ventures. The investment will help in accelerating development of content discovery and distribution on the startup’s platform. It will also fuel further expansion of its hotspot services.
2) Razorpay founded by Harshil Mathur and Shashank Kumar: This online payment gateway collaborated with MasterCard to speed up the adoption of online and mobile payments among small businesses in India. As part of the collaboration, MasterCard also invested an undisclosed amount in Razorpay.
3) Meru Cabs founded by Neeraj Gupta: This taxi aggregator has raised $25 million from Brand Capital, the investment arm of Bennett, Coleman and Co. Ltd (BCCL). Meru plans to use these funds to further strengthen its foothold in the Indian market with a focus on providing quality service based on a sustainable business model, increase brand salience, and brand awareness with the aim of widening its customer base.
4) Scripbox founded by Atul Shinghal, Sanjiv Singhal and WS Ravishankar: This Fin-tech startup has raised an undisclosed amount in Series B round of funding from Omidyar Network and existing investors. The startup plans to use the raised funds to establish itself as a trusted brand for savings and investments in mutual funds.
5) FabHotels founded by Vaibhav Aggarwal and Adarsh Manpuria: Budget accommodation startup FabHotels has raised $8 million in Series A round of funding from Accel Partners and RB Investments. Mohandas Pai’s Aarin Capital and Qualcomm Ventures also participated in the funding round. The startup will use the newly raised funding for brand building and to expand its network.
6) Voler Cars founded by Vikas Parasrampuria: Self-drive car rental startup Voler Cars has raised an undisclosed amount in funding led by prominent investors like the Kanodias, along with Amit Banka. The startup is planning to reach 1000 car fleet operations within 12 months.
7) Gomalon founded by Anil Kumar: This wellness services startup has raised an undisclosed amount of funding in a form of strategic partnership with a company that makes essential oils, natural food colours and spice extracts. The startup will utilize the new investment in increasing traction via marketing, advancing in technology and acquiring talent.
8) BlogBeats founded by Priyank and Lokesh Jain: Blogging platform BlogBeats raised an undisclosed amount in Pre-Series A investment from Michigan, US-based investors. Also, it has launched the GeoTime tagging feature, which will allows users to exchange information about places and interests they encounter in their daily lives and travels.
9) YourDOST founded by Richa Singh, Puneet Manjula and Prakhar Verma: An online emotional wellness platform YourDOST raised $1 Mn in Pre Series A funding from venture capital firm SAIF Partners. Its existing investors Venk Krishnan, Subbarao Telidevara, Phanindra Sama, Aprameya Radhakrishna, Paula Mariwala, Vibhu Garg, and Gaurav Bhalotia, also participated in the round.
10) Lendingkart founded by HarshVardhan Lunia and Mukul Sachan: Fintech startup Lendingkart raised $32 Mn in (INR 205 Cr.) in Series B round. The funding was divided into two parts viz. $20 Mn as equity and $12 Mn as debt. The investment was led by Bertelsmann India Investments (BII), with participation from Darrin Capital Management and existing investors – Mayfield India, Saama Capital and India Quotient.
11) MySuperBrain founded by Raghavendar Reddy Bojja and Yuvaraju Atmakuri: Online talent discovery platform for students MySuperBrain, raised an undisclosed amount in angel funding from Soniks Consulting. It plans to use the funds for marketing initiatives and augmenting the technology vertical, co-founder and CEO Raghavendar Reddy Bojja.
12) Travelyaari founded by Aurvind Lama, Parthasarthi Sinha, and Prateek Nigam: Online ticket booking platform Travelyaari raised $3 Mn in a bridge round of funding led by existing investor GVFL Ltd.
13) Hello Tax founded by Himanshu Kumar: Income tax e-filing platform Hello Tax raised$294K (INR 2 Cr) in angel funding from Sanjeev Sinha, chief managing director of brokerage firm Amrapali Aadya. The startup will use the funds for marketing and other purposes.
14) Campus Diaries founded by Sumit Saurav, Raj Chourasia and Sonic Prabhudesai: Campus Diaries Media and Communications Pvt. Ltd, which operates a content discovery portal targeted at school and college students, has raised $220K (INR 1.5 Cr) from Aarin Capital and others in its second round of angel investment. The new capital will be used to develop the technology platform and make it a collaborative portal.
15) Impact Guru founded by : The startup that offers a full stack crowdfunding solution has raised a seed round of $500K from RB Investments and Fundnel. The funds will enable Impact Guru to scale social donation crowdfunding (online) for nonprofits, social enterprises and personal causes. The funds will also be utilized to expand Impact Guru’s core team, to accelerate product development, and sales and marketing efforts.
16) Playment founded by Siddharth Mall, Akshay Lal and Ajinkya Malasane: This Bangalore based company has raised $800k in pre-Series A round from SAIF Mobile crowdsourcing platform. This startup enables large companies to crowdsource completion of process oriented tasks that are typically done by in-house or outsourced teams. The company will use the money to scale up deployments in all clients and to hire more people in team.
17) Wealthtrust founded by Nisarg Gandhi and Jasmin Gohil: Wealth management app WealthTrustraised an undisclosed amount of seed funding from India Quotient. The startup will use the newly raised funds to strengthen the team and enhance the product and technology.
18) Locanix founded by Ruchit Surati and Snehal Patel: Logistic IoT startup Locanix raised $294K (INR 2 Cr) in funding from private investors and government scheme including senior executive from Goldman Sachs, large customer in the mining space and senior manager at Cisco. It plans to utilise the fund for further scaling up.
19) Drawinbox founded by Rohit Chennamaneni: An HR software services startup Darwinbox raised an undisclosed amount in seed funding from Mohandas Pai’s family fund 3one4 Capital, Tracxn Labs, Aaruha Technology Fund, and Endiya Partners. The new funds will be used to develop more modules and to expand sales and marketing.
20) Swarmx founded by Pulkit Jaiswal: TV Mohandas Pai invested an undisclosed amount in Singapore-based drone technology startup SwarmX. SwarmX’s offering SwarmX Hive allows users to operate drones with minimal training.
E Commerce Industry
21) VelvetCase founded by Kapil Hetamsaria & Runit Shah: Online jewellery marketplace VelvetCase secured $1.5 Mn in second round of funding. The investment was led by Uniqorn Ventures Fund and angel investors – T. V. Mohandas Pai and S. Somasegar via the LetsVenture platform. The Chennai Angels also participated in this round.
Food and Beverage Industry
22) Biryani Blues founded by Raymond Andrews: Gurgaon-based quick service restaurant (QSR) brand Biryani Blues, has raised an undisclosed amount in a Series A round of funding from Carpediem Capital Partners. The company will mainly use the money for expansion of its outlets in Delhi-NCR.