Last updated on November 27th, 2016 at 05:45 pm
1. On-demand shipping services startup Parcelled, has raised $5 million in a seed round of funding led by logistics services company Delhivery with participation from data analytics firm Tracxn. The funds will be utilized to strengthen Parcelled’s core technology platform, build a stronger team and expand services.
2. Pune based education technology platform AlmaMapper, has raised $400K in a seed round of funding from Oswal Techno Ventures LLP. The funding will be used for strengthening their technology and product offerings as well as scaling operations to new cities.
3. Online pharmacy brand, NetMeds, has raised $50 million in tranched funding led by OrbiMed. The company plans to use about $10 million of the $50 million for developing back-end infrastructure and to augment its logistics infrastructure in order to provide medicines and healthcare products in under-served cities.
4. Online payment gateway, Razorpay, has raised $9 million in a round led by Tiger Global. Matrix Partners also participated in this round. The raised funds will be used to further build its product and enter other segments of the payment industry.
5. Talent assessment and analytics platform, Jombay, has raised an undisclosed amount of private equity round of funding from VentureWorks India. The raised capital will be used to create products that will help employees communicate and develop organization skills.
6. Mumbai based hyperlocal nightlife mobile app, Happitoo which is backed by FNB City Media Pvt Ltd, has raised a seed round of $77,000 from a Mumbai based unnamed angel investor. The raised funding will be used to develop its product experience and marketing.
7. Home healthcare startup, Care24, has raised about $350K in a funding round from India Quotient. The raised capital will be used to train on-boarded caregivers and expand to more localities in Mumbai.
8. Bangalore based Hyperlocal delivery startup Roadrunnr, has raised $10 million from internal investors Sequoia Capital and Nexus Ventures. Roadrunnr started its operations from Bengaluru six months ago, and now covers Mumbai, Pune, Delhi NCR, Gurgaon, Ghaziabad, Chandigarh, Hyderabad, Lucknow, Indore, and Kolkatta.
9. Digital engagement solutions company, Simpli5d Technologies, has raised an undisclosed amount in bridge round of funding led by Dheeraj Jain and YourNest Angel Fund. The funding will be used for technology enhancements, expanding to new geographies and for people investment.
10. Asset financing company, ORIGA Leasing, has raised over $1 million from ah! Ventures, 500 Startups and a consortium of high profile investors. The raised funds will be utilized towards leasing of assets, people and technology.
11. New Delhi based Smartivity Labs Pvt Ltd, an online venture that deploys augmented reality and robotics for kids learning projects, has secured seed funding of $200,000 from educational textbook publisher S Chand and Co Pvt Ltd. Smartivity will use the money raised to expand its product portfolio and venture into new cities. The startup will also use the money raised to invest in supply chain and enhance its products.
12. Bangalore based online hypermarket UrDoorStep Eretail Pvt Ltd, has raised an undisclosed amount of Series A funding from independent member of Parliament Rajeev Chandrasekhar-led Jupiter Capital to fund its expansion plans.
13. App and web based investment management platform, Tavaga, has raised an undisclosed amount in seed-round from angels via TracxnSyndicate. With this, investor Ashish Goenka will join the board of Tavaga.
14. A global marketplace for business and industrial supplies, Moglix, has raised an undisclosed amount in its pre series A funding from Accel Partner and Jungle Ventures. The funds will be used to enhance the technology platform, build a deep merchant base across Asia as well as in marketing to customers, globally.
15. A mobile-tech startup ZopHop that suggests faster and cheaper ways to get around a city has raised $450K in seed funding from Amit Singhal, PK Gulati, Anupam Mittal, Hero Choudhary, Jeenendra Bhandari, Satyan Gajwani and other six unnamed investors. The funding will be used for product and team development.
16. Niki.ai, an artificial intelligence (AI) startup, owned and operated by Techbins Solutions Pvt Ltd., has raised an undisclosed amount of funding in its seed round from Ronnie Screwvala’s Unilazer Ventures. The seed funding will be used on product development and expanding service offerings.
17. On-demand logistics startup, Instavans, has raised an undisclosed amount in funding from Dell Services president Suresh Vaswani’s family office. The raised funds will be deployed to build a virtual fleet which will be managed using Instavan’s technology platform.
18. LiftO, the mobile platform for ride-sharing startup, has raised $130K in angel funding from Rajesh Bhatia, Dheeraj Mehta, Amith Aggarwal and the Gupta family from OM Logistics including promoters of established listed & unlisted companies, private equity fund managers and other corporate executives. The funds will be used for expansion to more cities and increase its user base.
19. Food-tech startup, TinyOwl, has secured $7.6 million from existing investors Sequoia Capital and Matrix Partners. With the new round of funding, the company gets 12 months runtime to manage the turmoil in the company. In the meantime, the company will focus on restructuring its processes in order to create a sustainable business.
20. Online test prep platform, Toppr, has raised $2 million in its Series C round of funding from Venture Debt provider Innoven Capital. The round is an extension to its previous round of funding that was commenced in May this year. The company plans to use the raised capital for the acquisitions lined ahead and also for technological developments and partnerships.
21. Kleeto, an end-to-end record and information management company owned by Next Gen Paper Solutions Pvt. Ltd., has raised $229K in pre-series A round of seed funding via GREX. The funds raised will be used for technology enhancement and geographical expansion.
22. BeaconsTalk Technologies, a startup that enables brands and retailers to target and re-target customers, BeaconsTalk Technologies, raised $80K in seed round funding from retail and real estate industry professionals such as Puneet Bhatia. The funding will be used to scale proximity network, fund product development and team expansion.
23. Girnar Software received investment from Times Internet. Besides Times, Sequoia Capital, Hillhouse, Tybourne, Ratan Tata and HDFC Bank have also invested in Girnar Software.