Last updated on November 27th, 2016 at 04:08 pm
Consumer Internet Industry
1) Pitstop founded by Mihir Mohan: Car repair and servicing startup Pitstop has raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding from Alex Chua and Rahul Garg. With the current round of funding, the startup aims to strengthen its partner base, using technology to streamline processes; infrastructure and customer experience, and expand its operations to other markets including Mumbai, Pune, Chandigarh, Chennai, and Hyderabad, over the next quarter.
2) Holachef founded by Saurabh Saxena and Anil Gelra: This Mumbai-based startup has raised fresh funding from two of its existing venture capital investors even as food technology as a domain is going through consolidation. The food-tech startup also counts Tata Sons’ chairman emeritus Ratan Tata as an investor, grabbed $1.95 million from Kalaari Capital and India Quotient.
3) OneWayCab founded by Vivek Kejriwal: One-Way-Cab has closed a round of around $445K from Applyifi, a platform that helps startups raise capital.
4) PaintCollar founded by Amogh Vaishampayan: This startup has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Applyifi, a platform that helps startups raise capital.
5) WeddingWishlist founded by Kanika Subbiah: Wedding gift registry portal WeddingWishlist raised $297K in a seed round of funding from Facebook India MD Kirthiga Reddy, Multiples Equity founder Renuka Ramanath and CherryTin among others. With the raised funds, the company targets to reach a milestone of 500 wishlists in a year. It further plans to scale its operations pan-India and to launch its mobile app in the next few months.
6) OneAssist founded by Gagan Maini and Subrat Pani: The startup which provides protection for credit card, smartphones and payment cards in case of loss or theft has raised an undisclosed amount from venture-debt provider Trifecta Capital.
7) CureFit founded by Mukesh Bansal and Ankit Nagori: This health and fitness startup which is to be launched next year has raised $15 million from Accel Partners, IDG Ventures and Kalaari Capital.
8) BookMyShow founded by Ashish Hemrajani, Rajesh Balpande, Parikshit Dar: Bigtree Entertainment, which runs online ticketing platform BookMyShow, has raised about $80 million from Stripes Group. This round also saw participation from existing investors, Network 18, Accel Partners and SAIF Partners.
9) Fulfil.IO founded by Sharoon Thomas, Rituparna Panda, Tarun Bhardwaj, Prakash Pandey: This cloud-based software for retailers to manage inventory and automate fulfillment operations across online and offline channels has raised an undisclosed amount in seed funding from Rajan Anandan.
10) Playment founded by Siddharth Mall, Akshay Lal, Ajinkya Malasane and Himanshu Sahu: This Mobile crowd sourcing platform has raised around $699K in Pre-Series A round of funding led by SAIF Partners. The raised funds will be leveraged for team expansion and to scale client deployments.
11) Adytude founded by Shivjeet Kullar: This gamified consumer insights portal has raised $1 million in funding from Indian Angel Network (IAN). IAN member Vikas Kuthiala was the lead investor for the transaction and will be joining the company’s board.
12) Meta IoT founded by Abhishek Chatterjee and Subhajit Banerjee Purnapatra: Meta IoT has raised an undisclosed amount of funding form Applyifi, a platform that helps startups raise capital.
13) Vahann founded by Angad Singi: Vahann has raised an undisclosed amount of funding form Applyifi, a platform that helps startups raise capital.
14) HappilyUnmarried founded by Rajat Tuli and Rahul Anand: Online gifting website HappilyUnmarried raised $740K in an all stock deal from Info Edge. This leads to firms total investment in the startup to INR 213 million, raising its stake to 48% in the company.
15) Stitchwood founded by Ajit Shegaonkar and Vikas Nair: This customized furniture startup has raised $200K in its third round of funding from Deepak Gupta, co-founder, Equity Crest and a bunch of unnamed angel investors, including high-net worth individuals (HNIs). The startup aims to utilize the funds for operations, marketing initiatives and enhancing customer experience.
16) Flyrobe founded by Shreya Mishra, Pranay Surana, and Tushar Saxena: This online apparel rental startup has raised around $1.7 million in seed funding led by Sequoia Capital. Snapdeal founders Rohit Bansal and Kunal Bahl, and FreeCharge founders Sandeep Tandon and Kunal Shah also invested in this round.
17) Overcart founded by Saptarshi Nath: This return-management solution and liquidation service startup has raised $3 million in a Series A round of funding from JSW Ventures, Omidyar Network, Sattva Capital and Keshav Sanghi-led Venture Works.
18) AppsDaily founded by Arun Menon: Mobile app development and distribution company AppsDaily Solutions has raised $2 million in a bridge round of funding.
19) SpectraVR founded by Sushant Baliga: This virtual reality content studio has raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding from Rothenberg Ventures. The funds raised will be used for product development, which includes creating VR-based games for brands, travel-oriented experiences, movies and other short-format content.
20) Don’t Scratch Your Head founded by Suraj Vazirani, Harsh Vagdoda and Sumit Karanji: This SaaS-based startup has raised $250K seed funding from VCats. This round of funding was led by Gaurav Singhvi and Zaffiro Ventures.
21) Quickli founded by Sudhanshu Aggarwal: This on-demand delivery startup has raised an undisclosed amount in follow on round of funding, led by 500 Startups and Asia Ventures Group. The raised funds will be used for expanding in New Delhi and other cities.
22) Grab.in founded by Jignesh Patel, Nishant Vora and Pratish Sanghvi: Hyperlocal logistics services startup, Grab.in has raised an undisclosed amount of debt financing from UAE-based logistics firm Aramex Ventures Llc. It plans to raise two more tranches from Aramex for almost 25% of the total paid-up share capital on a fully diluted basis.
23) NeoGrowth founded by Dhruv Khaitan and Piyush Khaitan: Non-banking financial company (NBFC) NeoGrowth Credit Pvt Ltd has raised a total of $16 million in a new round of funding from IIFL Wealth Management’s Seed Venture Fund. Its existing investors Omidyar Network, Khosla Impact and Aspada also participated in the round.