Last updated on November 27th, 2016 at 05:33 pm
1) Lumiere founded by Deepa Soman: Lumiere Organic Venture Pvt. Ltd. has raised an undisclosed amount of funding led by a group of 20 undisclosed investors. The capital will be used for buying more land for organic farming, marketing expenses, opening more physical outlets, scaling up its online shopping portal and also its restaurant division.
2) Koovs founded by Amit Shukla, Rajesh Kamra, Manish Tewari: Koovs Plc, the parent firm of Indian lifestyle ecommerce venture Koovs.com, has raised $5.4 million more from Nahatas’ and Waheed Alli. The Nahata family has increased its stake in Koovs subscribing to 9.2 million fresh shares while Waheed Alli will pick up 5.6 million shares in the company.
3) Wishup founded by Neelesh Rangwani and Vivek Gupta: Delhi based concierge service startup Wishup has raised an undisclosed amount in a seed round of funding from TracxnLabs, 500 Startups and Mato Peric. The round also saw participation from a host of angels through TracxnSyndicate. The startup plans to use the funds to expand its technology team in order to provide its users with the best customer experience.
4) Fashionablyin founded by Tarun Thadani: Mumbai based online B2B fashion marketplace Fashionablyin has raised an undisclosed amount in angel funding from Ranjan Mahtani, chairman of Hong Kong-based apparel supplier Epic Group.Tent Fashions Pvt Ltd, which runs Fashionablyin, will use the funds to introduce its products to a wider audience and build on existing technology.
5) ShopClues founded by Sandeep Aggarwal, Sanjay Sethi: Online marketplace ShopClues.com, which sells products at wholesale price, has received an undisclosed amount of funding in Series E round of funding led by Singapore’s sovereign fund GIC. With this deal, ShopClues’ valuation stands at more than $1.1 billion. Existing investors, including Tiger Global and Nexus Venture Partners, have also participated in this round of funding. The capital raised will be used to focus on building and rolling out new products to enable the SME merchants to digitise their business.
6) Hike messenger founded by Kavin Bharti Mittal: Internet-based cross-platform instant messaging service, Hike, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Silicon Valley tech veterans including Adam D’Angelo (founder & CEO at Quora), Aditya Agarwal (Dropbox‘s Vice President), Matt Mullenweg (WordPress co-founder) and Ruchi Sanghvi (former Vice President, Operations, Dropbox). The investors have invested in their personal capacities and will also act as advisors to the company.
7) iBUS networks founded by Sunil Menon, Ram Sellaratnam and Subash Vasudevan: iBus networks & infrastructure Pvt Ltd, a provider of connectivity solutions inside buildings, has raised $2.2 million in Series A round of funding from Vallabh Bhanshali of Enam, N Squared Management LLC, USA and family office of Jagdish & Sandeep Mehta. With this, the company has also appointed Sanjay Kapoor, former Micromax chairman, as the Non-Executive Chairman of the company along with onboarding Mohandas Pai as an advisory board member.
8) Happy2Refer founded by Nimit Bavishi: Job referral platform Happy2Refer has raised $250K in an angel round of funding from Equity Crest, Vinners and Sparknextas as well as from a host of individual investors. The raised capital will used in ramping up the product, algorithms, enhancing user experience and marketing
9) CarTrade founded by Vinay Sanghi and Rajan Mehra: Mumbai based online auto classifieds platform CarTrade has raised $145 million in a funding led by Temasek Holdings, March Capital and existing investor Warburg Pincus. The raised capital will be used to fund the cash acquisition of rival CarWale.
10) Rentomo founded by Anshul Johri: Bangalore based Peer-to-peer renting marketplace Rentomo has raised $100K in a seed round of funding from Shiva Ashok, an executive with the UK-based project engineering consultancy Amec Foster Wheeler and a UAE-based investor. The raised capital will be used to help startup focus on boosting categories like travel, sport & fitness, motorbikes & electronics.
11) Roder founded by Abhishek Negi, Ashish Rajput and Siddhant Matre: Delhi based on-demand inter-city cab aggregator Roder has raised $250K in a seed funding from Unicorn India Ventures. Roder will use the raised capital for achieving market fit product, customer acquisition and for expansion in 20 new cities in North and Western region of the country.
12) Bucker founded by Ravneet Singh, Vennela Miryala and Nikhar Agarwal: Hyderabad based a mobile assistance app Bucker has raised an undisclosed amount in a seed funding from a group of angel investors based out of Hyderabad and Silicon Valley. The round saw participation from 50K Ventures, Munish Jauhar of Indian Angel Network (IAN), Pulkit Jain of Vedantu and Rohit Narang of Singapore-based 314 Capital. With the newly raised capital, the startup plans to expand its user base and introduce new features.
13) Care24 founded by Vipin Pathak, Abhishek Tiwari, Garima Tripathi and Pranshu Sharma: Home healthcare services startup, Care24, has raised $4million in a series A round of funding led by SAIF Partners and existing investor India Quotient. The raised capital will be used by the company to consolidate its presence across the greater part of Mumbai. It plans to expand to more cities in India where market research and groundwork has started.
14) Obino founded by Vishal Soni, Ritu Srivastava and Yogesh Sachdeva: mobile based weight loss coaching platform has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from RoundGlass Partners. The company plans to use the funds for product enhancement and marketing. Obino is a mobile app that offers a dedicated health coach, personalized diet and fitness plans, and includes app tools that notifies the user of their fitness routine.
15) Snapshopr founded by Navneet Sharma, Debashish Pattnaik and Vivek Gandhi: Artificial intelligence startup Snapshopr has raised an undisclosed amount in angel funding from Amod Malviya, former CTO Flipkart. Other angel investors who participated were Pallav Nadhani, Apurva Dalal, Saran Chatterjee, Rahul Chari, Bikash Barai and Bragadish Sureshkumar. With this funding, the startup plans to double down on product innovation and continues to build out visual intelligence platform for online retailers.
16) Buildkar founded by Vinit Bhansali and Thejaswi Udupa: Construction materials marketplace Buildkar has raised an undisclosed amount in seed round funding from Mustafa Wajid (Meher Group CEO), Umang Kumar (founder of Gaadi.com) and other angel investors. The round also saw a participation of Naresh Narasimhan (architect), Prasad VL (MD at Teligenz) and Sameer Govani of Total Equipment Solution. The funds raised will be utilized for technology upgradation, improving logistics, product portfolio expansion and marketing.
17) Orahi founded by Sameer Khanna: Carpooling app, Orahi, has raised $450K in a funding round led by Indian Angel Network (IAN), an early-stage investor. The startup will utilize the funds to enhance its product features and capabilities, expand its team and launch marketing initiatives in the National Capital Region centred on Delhi.
18) Zapr founded by Deepak Baid, Gyanendra Pandey, Jatin Chhabra, Sajo Mathew and Sandipan Mondal: Gurgaon based Media-tech startup Zapr has raised an undisclosed amount of funding round led by Flipkart with participation from Saavn, Micromax and Mu Sigma co-founders, Dhiraj Rajaram and Ambiga Dhiraj. The round also saw participation from existing investors like Dinesh Agarwal, Samir Bangara, Sanjay Nath and Arihant Patni. The raised capital will be primarily be used to expand the company’s product portfolio for the media & advertising industry and to scale up the technology team.
19) Remidio founded by Anand Sivaraman and Pramod Kummaya: Healthcare product solutions company, Remidio Innovative Solutions Pvt Ltd, has raised an undisclosed amount in series B round of funding from domestic HNIs and Cipher-Plexus Capital Advisors. The company plans to bring affordable and easy-to-use ophthalmic devices to the market.
20)Fitso founded by Saurabh Aggarwal, Naman Sharma and Rahool Sureka: An app that connects people with similar fitness interests, FitSo, has raised $200K in its angel round of funding from Varun, Ex CTO of Grofers; Samar Singla, CEO, Jugnoo; Vinay Bansal, CFO, Wildcraft and others. The company will be launching its services in Mumbai.
21) Evibe founded by B Anjaneyulu Reddy and Swathi Bavanaka.: Online marketplace for party services Evibe.in has raised an undisclosed amount in angel funding led by Hyderabad Angels. The round also saw participation from Lalit Mangal and Vikas Malpani (co-founder of Commonfloor), Gaurav Bhalotia (VP Engineering, Flipkart) and LV Prasad & Co. from BITS Alumni. With this funding, the company plans to expand into all major party services and become a one-stop platform for celebrations.
22) Zoctr founded by Nidhi Saxena: Healthcare aggregator platform Zoctr has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from ad-for-equity media investor–Times Group under its innovative Brand Capital Incubator. The company plans to use the funds for brand awareness.
23) Jobick founded by Ravi Wadhwa, Mohit Mirwani and Jitendra Singh: Indian Angel Network (IAN) member and angel investor Abhinav Mathur has backed Noida-based Talentiser Labs that runs recruitment app Jobick with an undisclosed round of seed funding. Mathur stepped down from his position as chief strategy and technology officer of BK Modi-promoted Spice Global in July last year to become active in the startup ecosystem. Noida based Talentiser Labs that runs recruitment app Jobick on android and iOS till December and launched full-fledged versions this month.