Consumer Internet Industry
1 ) Leadburg founded by Akshay Chandrasekhar, Vidyadhar Prabhudesai and Sangeeth Varghese: A workforce development startup Leadburg secured an undisclosed amount of funding from the IvyCamp platform from enterprise tech veterans Harsh V. Pant and Ratheesh Raveendran.
2) Hipcouch founded by Parikshat Hemrajani and Pankaj Poddar: B2B furniture solutions provider Hipcouch raised $700K in its seed round of funding. Hipcouch founders had earlier founded Dwll.in, a curated online network of interior designers based in Mumbai, which was acquired by end-to-end home design service provider and curated marketplace for homeowners and designers, Livspace, in May 2015.
3) Tinystep founded by Suhail Abidi: Bengaluru-based parenting-focussed social network Tinystep raised $2 million in private equity round of funding from e-commerce giant, Flipkart. The startup will deploy the newly raised funding to advance the product, better the user experience, and expand the services.
4) PParkE founded by Shampa Ganguly and Pritam Ganguly: Bengaluru-based Pristech Technologies Pvt Ltd, which runs parking solutions app PParkE raised an undisclosed amount in seed funding from Singapore-based early-stage investment firm SB Ventures. The new funds will be infused to develop the product.
5) Weddingz founded by Sandeep Lodha: Mumbai-based online marketplace for wedding venues and vendors, Weddingz raised $1 million in private equity round of funding led by Singularity Ventures. Existing investor Sixth Sense Ventures also participated in the round.
6) Fitnapp founded by Sagar Verma and Akshay Jhinga: Fitness startup Fitnapp raised an undisclosed amount of funding from real estate conglomerate SD Group. With this move, SD Group’s Sanjay K Baliase will join Fitnapp as a Director. The raised fund will be utilized for online expansions, increasing the number of associations, partners and marketing.
7) Hoopy founded by Vedic Choubey and Shashank Dubey: Vehicle maintenance marketplace Nephonine Solutions Pvt. Ltd, which offers its services under the brand Hoopy, raised its angel round of funding from a clutch of wealthy individuals. Hoopy has secured $500K to support its expansion plans.
8) Direct Create founded by Sheela Lunkad and Rajeev Lunkad: Online-to-offline B2B platform for handicrafts Direct Create raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Rajasthan Venture Capital Fund (RVCF). The funding will be deployed to build the platform, enhance user experience, scale up maker and designer memberships via outreach efforts.
9) Vahdam Teas founded by Vahdam Teas: Online tea brand Vahdam Teas raised $650K from angel investors Mumbai Angels Network, Fireside Ventures, and Singapore Angel Network. The company will use the raised funds towards marketing, product development, and opening a warehouse in the US. It now claims to have shipped its garden fresh tea to over 76 countries.
10) Wydr founded by Devash Rai: Gurugram-based mobile B2B marketplace Wydr secured an undisclosed amount of Series A round of funding from Bessemer Venture Partners, Stellaris Venture Partners and Singapore-based Jungle Venture Partners. Axis Capital from Singapore also participated in the round. The company plans to use the fresh round of capital for pan-India expansion and expand its seller base across wholesale hubs in India, introduction of new categories and technology innovation delivering more value to its B2B users.
11) Oi Media founded by Praphul Misra: Delhi-based SaaS marketplace platform for OOH (Out-of-Home) advertising Oi Media raised an undisclosed amount of an angel funding led by early-stage VC fund Quarizon. With this move, Alok Kumar Goel, Principal Advisor at Quarizon will join the team’s board and provide strategic mentorship.
12) Kratikal founded by Pavan Kushwaha, Paratosh Bansal, Dip Jung Thapa, Prashant Pandey and Ankit Singh: Delhi-based Kratikal, an end-to-end cyber security solution provider, raised an undisclosed amount of angel funding from Amajit Gupta (former director of Microsoft India) with Praveen Dubey (co-founder Mutual PR) and J.P. Bhatt (co-founder and Chief Executive of ImpactQA). With its 15-member team, Kratikal offers its services to domestic and foreign clients in the US, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa for matters related to cybercrime, forensics, and cyber fraud.
13) QwikSpec founded by Ajith Alexander: Cloud-based construction field inspection and asset management platform QwikSpec raised $300K in seed funding. The Bengaluru-based startup will utilize the fund to scale up its product and in customer acquisition.
14) Tyre Express founded by Dinesh Wakale and Brijesh Shukla: B2B marketplace for lifecycle management of commercial vehicle tyres Tyre Express raised an undisclosed amount in Seed funding via IvyCamp. The startup targets working with fleet operators and the team is also team up with tyre OEMs to improve service offerings to institutional clients.
15) Connaizen founded by Sanchit Kapoor, Vikas Bharti, Nikhil Garg: Fintech startup Connaizen that helps banks & marketers leverage consumer spending data to target them better, secured an undisclosed amount of seed funding led by Umang Moondra, a former Citibank Singapore MD. Headquartered in Singapore, the Delhi-based startup will deploy the funding for helping expedite the integration as it is soon going live with four private banks.
Digital Media Industry
16) Ethosh founded by Jitendra Dahale and Rahul Deshpande,: Deepak Nathani, Cybage co-founder picked up a 25% stake in Pune-based visual and interactive communications firm Ethosh. The investment amount remains undisclosed. The startup will deploy the freshly raised capital to expand its presence across the US, Europe, and India.
17) Practo founded by Shashank ND and Abhinav Lal: Healthcare platform Practo has raised $55 million in its series-D round of funding led by Chinese internet conglomerate Tencent. The company plans to utilize these funds to further integrate its platform and for global expansion.
Food & Beverage Industry
18) Ketchupp founded by Chirag Taneja, Abdul Khalid, Narendra Kumar and Rohit Taneja: Metasearch engine for online food ordering, Ketchupp secured $441K in Seed round of funding from India Quotient and other angel investors. The team plans to use this round of investment in making a robust product through analytics, big data, and enabling tech solutions.
19) iD Fresh Foods founded by Musthafa Pc: Wipro chairman Azim Premji’s family office, Premji Invest invested $25 million in Bengaluru-based food company, iD Fresh Foods. With the investment, Premji Invest has acquired a 25% stake in the company at the latter’s valuation of $100 million. MAPE Advisory Group is the advisor to the deal. The company will utilize the new funds to grow its presence across India and expand its product offerings.
20) NativeSpecial founded by Baskaran V: Tamil Nadu-based foodtech startup NativeSpecial secured an undisclosed amount of funding from Indian Angel Network, and Madurai-based Native Angels Network. Nagaraja Prakasam led this round of funding on IAN’s behalf and with the investment; K. Premnath will join the board to provide strategic mentorship to the venture. The startup will use the newly raised funding for further upgrading of its laboratory facilities and expansion to newer markets.
Real Estate Industry
21) ZoloStays founded by Nikhil Sikri: Real estate portal ZoloStays raised $5 million in Series A round of funding from Nexus Venture Partners. The round also included a venture debt of $660K from Innoven Capital. With the raised funds, Zolo aims to create a new class of managed accommodations and strategies to grow aggressively to reach from 5000 locked-in beds to over 12000 beds. It further wants to expand to Chennai and NCR by the end of this year.
22) Curiositi founded by Vinod Abraham and Manoj Thandassery: An edtech startup Curiositi Learning Solutions secured an undisclosed amount in Series A round of funding from Menterra Social Impact Fund. Existing investor Unitus Seed Fund also participated in the round. The recently raised funding will help the enterprise expand its operations to more schools, increase learning outcomes, and provide a comprehensive solution that supports experiential learning in the classroom.
Transportation &Logistics Industry
23) Ezytruk founded by Srikanth M: Ezytruk, logistics and truck aggregator startup secured $ 147K funding from Dubai-based investors Ajith Nair and Anish K. The investment will help Ezytruk establish its commercial operations, marketing and IoT development and in its organic growth strategy.