Table of Contents
Consumer Internet Industry
1) SectorQube founded by Arjun Sarath, Biniyas Valiyaveettil, and Sabarish Prakash: Kerala-based SectorQube raised an undisclosed amount of funding led by Unicorn India Ventures. The startup has developed smart kitchen appliance and with this funding, it plans to make the product market ready. It also has an eye on international expansion where the Indian diaspora is strong.
2) Furlenco founded by Ajith Karimpana: Bengaluru-based online furniture rental startup Furlenco secured $1.5 million in a debt funding round from a consortium of HNI investors via non-convertible debentures. The investors who participated in this round include Rekha Hrishikesh Mafatlal (Arvind Mafatlal Group), Lakshmi Narayanan – Ex-Vice Chairman of Cognizant, and M Krishna Sindhuri Private Trust.
3) GenRobotic founded by Arun George, Nikhil NP, Rashid Bin Abdulla, and Vimal Govind MK: Kerala-based GenRobotic raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Unicorn India Ventures. The startup has also received a grant from BPCL to further research in the area and develop Bandicoot, a product under design to build an automatic robotic system for manhole and sewer cleaning to remove manual scavenging.
4) Icertis founded by Monish Darda and Samir Bodas: The software company Icertis raised $50 million in Series D round of funding led by Meritech Capital Partners with additional investments by PSP Growth and Cross Creek Advisors. Existing investors—B Capital, Ignition, Greycroft, and Eight Roads – also participated in the round. With the raised funding the software provider will accelerate investment in the ICM platform’s risk management, compliance, and revenue optimization capabilities, driven by artificial intelligence. The startup will also expand its geographical footprint in North America, EMEA, and Asia Pacific.
5) Webengage founded by Ankit Utreja and Avlesh Singh: SaaS startup WebEngage, which provides on-site customer engagement suite raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Social Capital, the Palo Alto-based VC firm led by Chamath Palihapitiya. The funding will be utilized to build upon the product pipeline for 2018.
6) CallHealth founded by Sandhya Raju: Hyderabad-based preventive healthcare startup CallHealth raised $7.8 million led by BCCL (Bennett, Coleman and Co. Ltd.). The funding will provide CallHealth with the ability to invest in customer education and engagement and to aid its next phase of growth and brand building.
7) Healthi founded by Rekuram Varadharaj and Krishna Ulagaratchagan: Digital preventive healthcare startup, healthi secured $3.1 million in a funding round from Montane Ventures. The startup plans to deploy the raised funding to boot up applications that empower users to understand, engage with and take control of their health. It further aims to accelerate product development efforts by expressively growing product and technology teams.
8) HealthifyMe founded by Tushar Vashisht, Sachin Shenoy and Mathew Cherian: Bengaluru-based health and fitness startup HealthifyMe raised $12 million in Series B round of funding from Sistema Asia Fund. The startup will deploy the funding to deepen its presence in India and also hopes to enter other emerging markets in near future.
9) Ambee founded by Jaimon Jose and Rohit Kumar: The Hyderabad-based healthcare transportation solutions provider raised $74.5 K led by Japanese VC firm, Spiral Ventures.
10) PinkBlue founded by Arun Sriram, Valliappan Kumarappan, and Varun Singh: Bengaluru-based clinical supplies provider raised $792K led by Orios Venture Partners, Anupam Mittal, Sakate Khaitan of Khaitan Legal Associates and other HNIs in what appears to be a Pre-Series A round, Paper.vc reported.
11) Strand Life Sciences founded by Ramesh Hariharan, and Srinivasan Seshadri: Bengaluru-based Strand Life Sciences raised an investment of $13 million from Quadria Capital, HealthQuad Fund, and Singapore-based Heritas Venture Fund. This investment will be used to fund the growth and expansion of Strand towards becoming Asia’s leading integrated diagnostics company.
12) MedTel founded by Lalit Ranjan Manik, Shashank Singhal and Ajit Choudhury: Bhubaneswar-based B2B2C telehealth platform MedTel has raised an undisclosed amount of funding in a pre-Series A round from DFID (UK)-INVENT equity funds. The startup will utilize the new funds towards technology and product development, activating more digital health clinics & onboarding more specialist doctors on its platform.
13) CashSuvidha founded by Anoop Garg, and Rajesh Gupta: Delhi-based online lending platform Cash Suvidha secured $2.5 million in debt financing through financial institutions and private placement. The startup will use the fresh funding to increase the loan books of the company. The loans will cater to financing SMEs and individuals particularly in Delhi NCR, Bengaluru, Pune, Hyderabad, Mumbai, and Rajasthan.
14) Shape India founded by Raju Deb: Pune-based Shape (School Health and Physical Education) India raised $200K in Pre-Series A round from a group of investors from Sandeep Mathur, former managing director of business software and hardware firm Oracle India Pvt. Ltd.
15) CollegeDekho founded by Ruchir Arora: Gurugram-based CollegeDekho secured $2 million in its third round of funding from GirnarSoft, London-based ManCapital, the investment arm of the Mansour Group, and others. The startup will deploy the funding to strengthen its technology, to expand collaboration with international colleges and to increase marketing activities, including more offline campaigns.
16) Swiggy founded by Nandan Reddy, Rahul Jaimini, and Sriharsha Majety: Online food ordering and delivery platform Swiggy which announced its Series F funding. The foodtech startup revealed an investment of $100 million from Naspers, in participation with the new investor Meituan-Dianping.
17) FoodMemories founded by Harmitsingh Sikh: Ahmedabad- based foodtech startup FoodMemories, a marketplace for authentic geographically unique Indian foods raised seed funding from a consortium of eight investors led by Delhivery co-founders Bhavesh Manglani and Suraj Saharan as well as Darshan Upadhyay and Sanjay Notani, Partners at Economic Laws Practice, Mumbai. Additionally, Sachin Khandelwal, Founder of Bangalore-based Corporate Gifting major – Kirti Sales & Services, has joined the investor group.
18) FarEye founded by Gaurav Srivastava, Gautam Kumar, and Kushal Nahata: New Delhi-based logistics management startup FarEye picked up $9.5 million in Series C funding from Deutsche Post DHL Group. The newly-secured financing from Deutsche Post DHL Group will be used to expand the logistics management platform’s presence across Europe and the US later this year.
19) Perfectfit Fashion founded by Judith March: Koshi-based Perfectfit Fashion raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Unicorn India Ventures. The startup plans to use the fresh funding towards product enhancement and customer acquisition.
20) Joveo founded by Rahul Chaki, and Shannon-Marie Butters: Hyderabad-based Joveo, which runs a job advertising technology platform, raised $5 million in a Series A round of funding from Nexus Venture Partners. The startup will be deploying the funds to accelerate its product offerings, expand its partnerships and scale its AI and deep learning layer.
21) Pratilipi founded by Prashant Gupta, Rahul Ranjan, Ranjeet Pratap Singh, Sahradayi Modi, and Sankaranarayanan Devarajan: Self-publishing platform Pratilipi raised $4.3 million in its Series A round of funding from Omidyar Network. The round also saw the participation of existing investors, Nexus Venture Partners, Atul Goel, Contrarian Capital and Times Internet Limited and new investors Shunwei Capital and WEH Ventures. The funds will be utilized to expand and strengthen the existing team in the areas of product, technology and data science and also for further growth and partnerships.
Real Estate Industry
22) HeyHolidays founded by Kenny Blatt: Bengaluru-based holiday rental platform HeyHolidays raised $1 million in funding led by Hampton Capital. The funds will be deployed for expanding company’s global footprint with an increase in demand shown by its Indian outbound travellers.
23) Propstack founded by Raja Seetharaman, and Shubhankar Dongre: Mumbai-based real estate data analytics platform Propstack raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Private equity and hedge fund professionals.
24) Placio founded by Rohit Pateria, Ankush Arora and Atul Kumar Singh: Noida-based Placio, a student housing startup raised $2 million in a Pre-Series A funding round led by Prestellar Ventures, a Singapore-based private equity fund. The startup plans to use new funds to expand its services in India and Southeast Asia. It also plans to use these funds to acquire additional beds and make its technology platform well-equipped.
25) Nazara Technologies founded by Nitish Mittersain: Mobile gaming startup Nazara Technologies Limited secured an undisclosed amount of funding from ESL (Electronic Sports League), the world’s largest esports company against a minority stake in it. The funding will be utilized to scale up Nazara’s footprint in emerging markets.
26) Tork Motorcycles founded by Kapil Shelke: Pune-based electric bike startup, Tork Motorcycles received $194K from the Ola founders and Kapil Shelke, founder of Tork. Kapil has put in $124K and the balance came from Bhavish and Ankit. The current amount included, the Ola founders have invested $497K in the e-bike startup. The company has raised a total of $746K.
27) TyreMarket founded by Michael Welch: Online tyre retailer Tyremarket.com raised around $500k from Blackcicles’s founder Michael Welch. He is also a strategic adviser to Tyremarket.
Table of Contents