Last updated on November 27th, 2016 at 05:59 pm
1. Delhi based online marketplace Snapdeal is all set to raise $500 million in late stage round of investment from Alibaba Group Holding Ltd, SoftBank Group Corp and Foxconn, the trading name of Hon Hai Precision Industry Co Ltd.
2. Pune based restaurant deals marketplace Ressy has raised $400K from Mohandas Pai (former Infosys board member) and others. The raised fund will be utilized for product development and to bring over 1000 merchants onto the platform. Other than this, the fund will be used to setup a sales and technology team.
3. Delhi based education startup Cue Learn, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Alok Mittal (former MD, Canaan Partner). Previously, it had raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Impact investor, Unitus Seed Fund. The startup will use the capital to reach 25,000 teachers and half a million students within the next three years.
4. New Delhi based e-commerce logistics provider Connect India has received $5 million in its Series A round of funding from social impact venture capital firm Aavishkaar. The company is expected to use the proceeds to launch its commercial operations in 17 States, 150 towns and cities, with 1,500 Connect India Centres in rural and urban markets.
5. Mumbai based on-demand beauty and wellness platform The Home Salon, has raised an undisclosed amount in seed investment from angels-backed startup accelerator VentureNursery. The funds will be used to launch its Android and iOS apps which will enable customers to book salon and spa services on the go. THS currently operates in Mumbai but plans to expand its services to other cities soon.
6. Online car rental startup JustRide has raised angel funding from Indian Angel Network’s Alok Mittal, Toppr.com’s Zishaan Hayaath, Palaash Ventures and other angel investors. The raised amount will be used to start operations in 8 more cities apart from its current tally of 4 including Mumbai, Bangalore, Pune and Gurgaon.
7. New Delhi based budget hotel aggregator Oyo Rooms has raised $100 million from Japanese telecoms and internet major SoftBank.The company will use the fresh capital to implement customer experience initiatives, build technology products and expand in the hotel industry.
8. Glowship, a Bangalore based energy and environment related online marketplace has raised an undisclosed amount from Infuse Ventures, an early-stage investment firm associated with IIM Ahmedabad’s tech incubator CIIE. The company will use the funding to expand its team, build the technology platform and expand to other geographies.
9. Mumbai based mobile analytics and user engagement startup WizRocket, has raised $8 million in a fresh round of funding from Sequoia Capital India and existing investor Accel Partners. The raised fund will be utilized to grow its ‘prescriptive engagement’ platform and for developing a ‘naked API’ that offers developers code-level access to customizing user experiences.
10. Pickingo, a Delhi based hyper-local delivery startup has raised $1.3 million in Series A round of funding led by RehanYar Khan of Orios Venture Partners with participation from Zishaan Hayath. The company has plans to improve its tech platform and expand into new cities (it currently operates in New Delhi, Jaipur, Bengaluru, Mumbai, Pune and Hyderabad).
11. Grex, a Pune based fund raising platform for startups has raised $650K from private equity investors. The round of funding will be used to strengthen the IT backbone and bring in new financial products and features on its transaction and information sharing platform for unlisted companies.
12. Bangalore based tech-logistics startup LetsTransport has raised $1.3 million in seed round of funding led by Singaporebased Japanese venture capital firm Rebright Partners and others including AnkushNijhawan, Gaurav Bhatnagar and Manish Dhingra. The company plans to use the funds in building technology and its team. Apart from this, the logistics company also plans to expand to more cities.
13. Delhi based budget accommodation aggregator Zo Rooms has raised fresh funding of $30 million from existing investors, Tiger Global Management and Orios Venture Partners.The company will use this latest round of funding to expand its presence across the country said two people with direct knowledge of the developments.
14. Doormint, a Mumbai based home service provider, has raised around $3 million in its Series Around of Funding from Helion Ventures and Kalaari Capital. The latest round of funding will help the company in expanding its current service network in Mumbai and fuel up its expansion to three more cities into Delhi, Gurgaon, and Bengaluru in the next three months, as well as strengthen its team.
15. NightStay, a Noida based last-minute hotel booking app, has raised around $500K in seed round of funding led by VivekBihani of Bedrock Venture Management Pvt. Ltd. The company will use the money to boost its technology infrastructure, improve the core product and expand into 20 cities by the year end. Currently, NightStay is operational in six cities.
16. New Delhi based brokerage-free listing platform for rentals and paying guest accommodation Zocalo, has raised an undisclosed amount in seed funding from startup accelerator GSF’s Rajesh Sawhney, MakeMyTrip co-founder Sachin Bhatia and others. The startup founded in May 2014 by IIM-Ahmedabad graduate Lakkar, will use the money to expand geographical footprint, increase team size, augment the technology platform and up marketing spend.
17. Mumbai based Sunday Realty Solutions, a mobile enabled solutions provider for the real estate sector, has raised $785K in early stage funding from a group of investors including Ramesh Jogani and ShaileshViswanathan (Co-founders, IPAL Fund Managers) and Jay Srinivasan. The company founded in 2012 by Joseph George will utilize the money to expand its footprint to 10 new cities and enhancing its product offerings. Currently, the company claims to have over 20,000 agents and has over 75 builders already integrated in Mumbai and Pune.
18. Klozee, a one-month-old startup that allows users to rent designer apparel at one-tenth of the retail price, has raised seed funding of undisclosed amount from Tracxn Labs and other angel investors. The Bangalore based company will use the funds to venture into Mumbai and Delhi within a month.
19. A Mumbai based app security testing platform Appvigil has raised $500K in a pre-series A round from NASSCOM Product Council chairman Ravi Gururaj, Yahoo director Gaurav Sharma, former GupShup CTO ViswanathRamachandran,and many others. The company founded in 2011 by Toshendra Sharma will use the funds towards technology expansion and customer acquisition. Besides Android, the company is also expanding to iOS and Windows operating systems as well.
20. Practo, backed by Sequoia India and Matrix Partners India, hasraised $90 million in SeriesC round of funding led by Sofina, Google Capital, Altimeter Capital, Sequoia Capital Global Equities, Yuri Milner, Sequoia Capital, Matrix Partners. Practo is the largest scheduling service to doctors in India. It plans to use this investment to newer markets in West Asia, Eastern Europe and Latin America. The company will utilize the funds to expand its product lines and for acquisitions of companies, especially in pharmaceuticals. Apart from it, the plan is to expand from the current 35 Indian cities and three countries to 100 Indian cities and 10 countries across Southeast Asia, Latin America, West Asia, and Eastern Europe.
21. New Delhi based LoudShout has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Sanjay Sethi, co-founder of ShopClues, Ravi Jaipuria (owner of Devyani Foods and Varun Beverages) and a Hong Kong based investment banker. The funds will be utilized to enhance its technology, launch an iOS app, introduce more features and increase the user base. Founded in 2015 by Abhinav Singhal and Amit Vaish, LoudShout is an app based anonymous bulletin board that allows users to post anything that he/she wants in 180 characters without revealing his/her identity.
22. Wetravelsolo, a Delhi based travel community platform has raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding from CCube Angels and Frontline Strategy, for a minority stake.Founded in 2014, the company is a budget custom travel portal that aims to connect like-minded solo travellers. The investor Ccube generally invests $500K to $3 million in its portfolio companies.
23. Ketto, a Mumbai based crowd-funding platform for social, personal and creative projects, has raised $700K in seed round of funding led by PradyumnaDalmiaand SudhirRao including other investors. With the infused funds, the startup plans to double its technology and business development team. Ketto also plans to expand operations in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, and other South-East Asian countries.
24. Bangalore based Ezetap, a mobile based PoS solutions has raised $25 million in Series C round of funding from Horizons Ventures, Capricorn Investment Group and other existing investors. Ezetap’s biggest competitor, Mumbai-based mSwipe Technologies, also raised $25 million in July. The company has full plans to use the funds to expand its team and increase the number of POS devices it deploys across the country from 60,000 to 200,000 in the next 12 months.
25. Mumbai based car and bike e-commerce platform NDTV e-commerce Venture has raised VC funding for its new e-commerce ventures in gadgets and car & bike at a combined valuation of close to $80 million.The investors include John Scully (former Apple CEO), PramodBhasin (Founder, Genpact), Nikhil Vora (Founder, Sixth Sense Ventures), VindiBanga (Former Chairman, Unilever), HiroMashita (Founder and Director of M&S Partners) and others.
26. Mumbai based clean-tech startup GIBSS has raised Series A round of investment of undisclosed amount from Infuse Ventures.Raised fund will be used for product development and research in geothermal solutions for greater commercial viability. As a part of the investment, Kunal Upadhyay, CEO of Infuse Ventures, will join the board of GIBSS.
27. Mumbai based Easy Rewardz, has raised an undisclosed amount in its Pre-Series A round of funding from Wealth First along with other investors including Ashneer Grover (CFO, Grofers) and AtulPhadnis (CEO, What’s On India).The proceeds will be used for team expansion and product development and it will close a Series A round with more funding by end of this year.
28.Fast-food chain Carl’s Jr in India has attracted fundingand has reportedto raise $630K from Yuvraj Singh’s VC Fund YouWeCan Ventures. Yuvraj will also come on board as a brand ambassador for Carl’s Jr in India. The funds will be used for opening about 5 restaurants by December and between 7 to 10 restaurants by the end of the fiscal year.
29.The self-storage facility platform StoreMore has raised an undisclosed amount in seed round of funding from Noida-based Bedrock Venture Management Pvt Ltd, which operates under the Bedrock Ventures banner.StoreMore offers storage facilities to businesses and households across 10 locations in Delhi NCR ranging over 1 lakh square feet area. The StoreMore teams pack the goods and transport them for storage. Customers pay advance monthly rental for the amount of space their goods use in a facility.
30. iOrderFresh, a mobile based food and grocery retailer, has secured an undisclosed amount in seed funding from Best Foodworks. iOrderFresh will use the money to improve technology, upgrade service and acquire more customers. As part of the deal, Alkesh Tandon, founder of BestFoodWorks, will join the board of iOrderFresh.
Learn from real practitioners not just trainers.