Last updated on November 27th, 2016 at 05:35 pm
1. CBREX founded by Gautam Sinha, Sanjeev Punwani and Karunjay Anand: Mumbai-based, cross border hiring platform, CBREX has raised around $200K in an angel round from Prahlad Rao, Sundara Rajan and Vikram Chachra by diluting 10% of equity. As a part of the deal, the investors would be joining the board of the company. The raised capital will be used to hire the core team and develop its technology.
2. TruckMandi founded by Ankit Singh, Anurag Jain and Nishant Singh Jadon.: TruckMandi, a Delhi–based startup that connects logistics service providers with customers for inter-city trucking services, has raised $2 million in pre-Series A funding from JustEat India founder Ritesh Dwivedy and other investors. The raised funds will be deployed by TruckMandi for geographical expansion into 15 cities.
3.Peppertap founded by Navneet Singh and Milind Sharma: Gurgaon based on-demand grocery delivery startup PepperTap has raised Series B round of funding with additional $4 million from Innoven Capital. This funding was in addition to the $36 million Series B round raised recently from Snapdeal, Sequoia India, SAIF Partners, Ru-Net, Beenext & JAFCO Asia.
4.KOOH Sports founded by Susir Kumar and Prabhu Srinivasan: Mumbai based sports education start-up KOOH Sports has raised a fresh round of $2 million from a consortium of investors, including existing investors TCS, HDFC and private equity fund Faering Capital. The company aims to get students to become more physically active through in-school and professional sports training programmes.
5.Rentongo founded by Nikhil Chhabra: Bangalore based online marketplace for renting bikes, electronics and appliances startup, RentOnGo, has raised an undisclosed amount in angel funding from angel investors Anand Chandrasekaran, Rajesh Sawhney, Shiva Pare and Kalpana Tatarvati. The startup plans to use the capital to enter new cities and focus in expanding the bike rentals category by garnering more supply and providing value-added services to customers.
6.IndustryBuying founded by Rahul Gupta and Swati Gupta: Delhi based a B2B online marketplace for industrial material Industrybuying.com has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Murugappa and TVS Families. The investment is part of the Series B round which the company had raised in September this year. The raised capital will be used for development of the platform, increase its nationwide sales force and vendor base as well as develop a full suite of digital offerings for B2B brands.
7.Zapr founded by Sandipan Mondal, Sajo Mathews and Deepak Baid: Zapr, a mobile app that lets users earn reward points for watching TV commercials, has received an undisclosed amount of angel investment from Indiamart founder Dinesh Agarwal. The Gurgaon-based startup, run by Red Brick Lane Marketing Solutions Pvt Ltd, allows viewers to get reward points for checking in the ads they are watching.
8.LatestOne founded by Palem Srikanth Reddy: Hyderabad based online store for tech accessories, LatestOne.com, has raised $3million in private equity round of funding from its existing investor and parent company Palred Technologies Limited (PTL). The company plans to utilize the raised funds in ramping up operations, establish its third warehouse in Mumbai and to expand revenue base.
9.Planet GoGo founded by Rajat Gupta and Daman Soni: Gurgaon based startup that offers personalized content on the mobile lock screen, Planet GoGo, has raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding from HT Media and North Base Media (NBM). The company will use the raised capital for user growth and traction.
10. Arya.ai founded by Vinay Kumar Sankarapu and Deekshith Marla: Mumbai based Artificial Intelligence (AI) startup Arya.ai has raised $750 K Pre-Series A round from YourNest Angel Fund and VentureNursery members. The startup will use the funds to accelerate product development and grow the AI ecosystem.
11. Doctor Insta founded by Amit Munjal and Dr Parshant Jain: Gurgaon based Telemedicine platform oriented startup Doctor Insta has raised $500 K in Pre-Series A round of funding from angel investor Rishi Parti and BrahmaX Ventures. The startup will use the raised funds for research and deployment of the product. It also plans to raise about $1-$2 million more to expand its team, and to spend in marketing and promotional activities.
12. Mobiefit founded by Gul Panag and Gourav Jaswal: Goa based mobile fitness startup MobieFit grabbed $1million from Medi Assist India. With this partnership, the company aims to offer mFitness to more than 5 million corporate employees in urban India.
13. LafaLafa founded by Yosha Gupta: Mobile-first coupons and cashback app, LafaLafa, has raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding from Vectr Ventures. The raised capital will be used to strengthen company’s back-end technology and expand within Asia.
14. Mech Mocha founded by Mohit Rangaraju and Arpita Kapoor: Mobile gaming startup Mech Mocha based in Bangalore has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Blume Ventures and Flipkart. The funds will be utilized to scale its team, and develop a back-end platform that includes social and payment solutions for their games.
15. Shotang founded by Anish Basu Roy: Bangalore based online B2B marketplace Shotang has raised $5 million private equity funding led by Exfinity Venture Partners and Unitus Impact. The raised capital will be used in building company’s technology team and strengthening its operations.
16. Cityfurnish founded by Neerav Jain: An on-demand furniture rental platform, CityFurnish based in Gurgaon has raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding from Citrus Pay founder Jitendra Gupta. Cityfurnish deals in furniture, furnishings and appliances on rent. Currently company operates in Gurgaon and Delhi NCR but it is planning to venture in Bangalore market in the coming years. The funds will be utilized to strengthen its core team, improve product management and order fulfillment.
17. Black White Orange founded by Bhavik Vora: Brand licensing startup Black White Orange has raised $300K in a seed funding from Collaborative Licensing Ventures LLP. Black White Orange provides merchandising solutions and helps brands, celebrities, media and retailers find ways to strengthen their relationship with consumers. The startup will utilize the funds to build its team.
18. Kolabro founded by Biju Menon, Himanshu Bhagat and Dinesh Gadge: A technology platform for real estate brokers, Kolabro, has raised an undisclosed angel funding from Gaadi.com’s founder Umang Kumar and CollegeDekho’s co-founder Ruchir Arora, along with other undisclosed investors also participating. The startup will use the funds raised to strengthen its technology and marketing capabilities and expand into more cities.
19. Canvera founded by Dhiraj Kacker and Peeyush Rai: Online photography startup Canvera Digital Technologies based in Bangalore has raised $2.2 million in a funding round from existing investor Info Edge (India) Ltd. With this, Info Edge now holds 49% stock of the company on a fully converted and diluted basis. The investment was made in the startup at a pre-money valuation of INR 75 Crore.
20. Shuttl founded by Deepanshu Malviya and Amit Singh: On-demand bus aggregation platform, Shuttl has raised $20 million in a Series A round of funding from Lightspeed Ventures along with participation from Times Internet and Sequoia Capital. Currently, the platform offers last-mile connectivity to commuters across 50 routes in Delhi (NCR). The company will use the proceeds to strengthen its technology and expand to newer geographies.
21. Town Essentials founded by Amar Murthy: Grocery delivery startup Town Essentials has raised $1 million in a fresh round of angel funding from a cluster of high-net-worth individuals. The round was led by Infosys’ first non-founder employee Sharad Hegde; former Workday executive Girish Reddy; Siddharth Patil, head of data science at the TellApart division at Twitter; and existing investor Shrikant Patil. The startup will use the raised funds for marketing activities.
22. Bumper founded by Akhil Gupta: Car care service provider startup Bumper has raised $500K in a seed round funding led by SAIF Partners. The startup will utilize the raised funds to expand its team and enhance customer experience by providing efficient and effective end-to-end solutions for any car related services.
23. Hotify founded by Abhinav Dinesh Garg, Ankur Dinesh Garg and Li Jian: Personalized news curation app Hotify has raised $150K in seed investment from Rajasthan Angel Innovators Network’s (RAIN). The startup will use the funds mainly for product development and innovation on artificial intelligence capabilities, and to hire innovators.
24. Mobikwik founded by Bipin Preet Singh and Upasana Taku: Mobile wallet company, MobiKwik, has raised $6.5 million, in a mix of debt and equity funding from Sequoia Capital and Tree Line Asia. The investment is part of the Series B round which the company had raised in June 2015. The round also saw participation from Cisco Investments and American Express. The funds will be utilized to drive product innovation, brand and marketing initiatives and for expanding mobile payments in the offline space.
25. Intelligent Interfaces founded by Rahul Yadav: Intelligent Interfaces, the e-governance startup floated by Housing.com co-founder Rahul Yadav, has secured an undisclosed amount in funding from cricketer Yuvraj Singh’s YouWeCan Ventures. With this, Yuvraj joins the list of star investors, Flipkart founders, Sachin and Binny Bansal; Paytm founder, Vijay Shekhar Sharma and Micromax co-founder, Rahul Sharma who are already investors in the startup.
26. HELPI founded by Piyush Peshwani and Vineet Bansal: Home services startup HELPI has raised an undisclosed angel round of funding led by a group of IIT alumni and few investment bankers based out of the US. The startup will utilize the funds for team expansion and product building.
27. Smartcooky NDTV Ecommerce’s new venture: SmartCooky, Media Group NDTV’s eCommerce platform, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Pramod Bhasin (Former CEO of Genpact), Rajan Anandan (MD of Google Southeast Asia and India), Siddarth Pai (Son of Chairman of Manipal Group of Education) and Manvinder Singh Banga (former Unilever executive board member). SmartCooky is an eCommerce platform that sells healthy food and personal care products in India, and is an extension of NDTV’s existing food site. It is all set to be launched next month.
28. Dogspot founded by Rana Atheya , Shailesh Visen and Gaurav Malik: Online portal for pet care, DogSpot.in, has raised an undisclosed amount in funding from Ratan Tata, along with a few new and existing investors – Ronnie Screwvala, India Quotient and K Ganesh. The newly raised funds will be deployed towards offering new range of products under the existing brand.
29. Careers360 founded by Maheshwer Peri: Counselling & education services firm, Careers360, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from MeritTrac. The startup will use the raised amount to expand its team, strengthen its technology, infrastructure, and brand in the next two years.
30. B9 Beverages founded by Ankur Jain: Indian craft beer company B9 Beverages has raised $6 million in Series A round of funding. Investors include Sequioa Capital, Snapdeal founders Rohit Bansal and Kunal Bahl, Ashish Dhawan from Chrys Capital and Zomato co-founder Deepinder Goyal, for its handcrafted beer brand Bira91. This is a first for a blue chip venture capital firm to invest in an alcoholic beverage brand in India.
31. Wimwi Foods founded by Kanupradeep Subramanian and Srishti Shaw: A startup that brings healthy food ingredients & snacks to Indian kitchens and offices, Wimwi Foods, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from IIM Ahmedabad’s technology business incubator, Centre for Innovation Incubation and Entrepreneurship (CIIE). The round also saw investment from Ahmedabad-based angel investors Siddharth Jain and Dinesh Bindal.
32. Mychild founded by Harsh Songra, Aafreen Ansari, and Shreya Shrivastava: An app that can detect developmental disorders in children, MyChild, has raised seed funding of $100K led by 500 Startups. Other angel investors who participated in this round were Samir Bangara, Anisha Mittal, Amit Gupta, Pallav Nadhani, Lalit Mangal, Arihant Patni, Dr. Ritesh Malik, Deobrat Singh, Saurab Paruthi and Singapore Angel Network. The startup will utilize the funds to develop its technology and product along with hiring an efficient team.
33. Instaproc founded by Aquibur Rahman: ProcMart, a procurement marketplace for office products until recently known as Instaproc, has raised an undisclosed amount in angel funding from Indiamart founder and CEO Dinesh Agarwal. The Noida-based startup, run by Instant Procurement Service Pvt Ltd, will use the money to expand reach, improve the buyer-supplier network and introduce new features on its platform.
34. 360Ride founded by Lokesh Bevara: P2P ride-sharing startup 360Ride has raised $150K in seed funding from a Delhi-based HNI. The startup will utilize the funds to expand its marketing and promotional campaign and create awareness about the company. It also aims to solve the major problem of demand and supply in the ridesharing segment.
35. Alef Mobitech founded by Ganesh Sundaram: Mumbai based mobility-cloud interconnect platform & solution suite company, Alef Mobitech Solutions Pvt Ltd, has raised about $5 million in a funding round from Tata Capital Innovation Fund (TCIF). Alef Mobitech Solutions is a fully owned subsidiary of US-based Alef Mobitech. The raised capital will be used to strengthen Alef Mobitech’s business development, marketing, research and development initiatives in order to establish a leadership position in the mobile internet space.
36. Tracxn founded by Abhishek Goyal and Neha Singh: Tracxn Technologies has raised an undisclosed amount in funding round led by Ratan Tata. The startup also has a fundraising platform called Tracxn Syndicate which helps budding entrepreneurs accelerate.
37. Qdesq founded by Paras Arora: Branded workspaces aggregator Qdesq has raised an undisclosed seed round of funding led by Redcliffe Capital’s partner Dheeraj Jain. The round also saw participation from former Du-Pont executive Jagdish Kumar, and high networth individuals Bharat Gupta, Ankush Saigal and Praveen Saini. The raised funds will be utilized in building Qdesq’s core team, upgrading its technology and expansion to newer cities in the coming six months.
38. Sensara founded by Bharath Kumar Mohan: Tech startup Sensara has raised seed funding of about $750K from former Google India head Lalitesh Katragadda and Ganayantrika Systems. With this, Lalitesh Katragadda and Anant Pandit – director of Gana Yantrika will join the board. The startup will use the raised funds to grow the company and add more products to its portfolio.
39. Zebpay founded by Saurabh Agrawal, Sandeep Goenka and Mahin Gupta: Mobile bitcoin wallet startup, Zebpay, has raised $1 million Series A round of funding from angel investors in order to promote bitcoins in India. The startup will use a part of the funding to develop the blockchain technology which is used to innovate authentication and authorize transactions. The other part of funding will be used to hire talent and scale its bitcoin services.
40. PlanMyMedicalTrip founded by Anurav Rane: A platform that offers international patients access to medical care, PlanMyMedicalTrip, raised $150K in a funding round from angel investors – Bhanu Vikram Parsotam, Rohan Desai and Paras Patel. The startup will use the raised capital to strengthen its global presence and boost digital experience for its customers.
41. Mycity4kids founded by Vishal Gupta, Prashant Sinha and Asif Mohamed: Mycity4kids, an online platform that helps multitasking mothers manage the task of modern-day parenting, has raised $3 million from SIDBI Venture Capital Limited and YourNest Angel Fund. With the funding, the startup plans to achieve a milestone to have 5 Mn mothers using the platform every day in the next 18 months and achieve operational break-even in 12 months.
42. Justdakhila founded by Ankur Gupta: Delhi based Justdakhila.com, an online platform that connects parents and schools for student admissions, has secured $750K in seed funding from Orange Planet LLP’s Ankur Gupta. The startup expects to use the funding to enhance its analytics technology and expand operations.
43. Pitstop founded by Mihir Mohan Mishra and Nirant Ramakuru: Bangalore based Chatpay Commerce Pvt Ltd, a venture floated by co-founder of AngelPrime-backed kids apparel firm Unamia that had shut in 2014, has raised an undisclosed amount in angel funding from founders of Myntra and Livspace for its online car servicing platform Pitstop. Pitstop is a six-month-old startup that aims to standardize the unorganized auto service industry while offering a booking platform for repairs from garages and auto care centres.
44. Bikxie founded by Mohit Sharma, Divya Kalia and Dennis Ching: Two-wheeler taxi service provider Bikxie has raised an undisclosed amount in angel round led by investment banker from the Middle East, and an Indian entrepreneur. The raised funds will be utilized for its app development, expansion of services in Haryana and building marketing strategies.
45. Infurnia founded by Lovepreet Mann, Nikhil Kumar and Parul Jain: A startup that provides virtual reality technology for the furniture segment, Infurnia, has raised $160K in a funding round from UAE-based venture capital firm Idein Ventures. As part of the deal, serial entrepreneur Ashwin Srivastava, co-founder of Idein Ventures, will join Infurnia’s board. The startup will use the raised capital to expand its tech and business team.
46. Myly founded by Madhup Bansal and Gaurav Mundra: A cloud-based app for communication and transaction between schools and parents, Myly, has raised $100K in a seed funding from Newbie Promoter Private Limited. The company will use the raised funds predominantly towards customer acquisition.
47. MakeMyTrip founded by Deep Kalra: Online travel company, MakeMyTrip, has raised $180 million from China’s Ctrip.com International, Ltd., through convertible bonds. Ctrip may beneficially own up to 26.6% of MakeMyTrip’s outstanding shares and as per the terms of the deal, Ctrip will acquire the right to appoint a director to the MakeMyTrip board of directors.
48. Melorra founded by Saroja Yeramilli and R Krishnakumar: Online jewellery designer and retailer Melorra closed its seed funding of $5 million from Lightbox. The startup caters to urban Indian women, by developing, designing and retailing contemporary jewellery through its mobile app. The startup will use the proceeds to further build its technology platform, towards marketing and expanding its team.
49. ConfirmTkt founded by Sripad Vaidya and Dinesh Kumar Kotha: Venture Catalysts (VCats) invested of $250k into ConfirmTkt. VCats angels including Dr. Apoorv Ranjan Sharma, Anirudh Damani, Anand Ladsariya, Sanjay Mehta and Krishna Jhujhunwala led the round, while other investors, such as Urrshila Kerkar also participated in the funding drive. The startup will use the fund for product development and hiring.
50. Gyaanzone founded by Sultan Ansari: An online education portal Gyaanzone.com has raised $45K seed funding from GBIM Technologies. With this development, the startup believes that GBIM will empower millions of students with greater convenience and flexibility to access and complete a huge range of accredited online courses and degrees.
51. Flatfurnish founded by Jyoti Goyal, Aritra Saha and Jeetesh Agrawal: Furnishing rental company FlatFurnish.com has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Jabong’s founder Arun Chandra Mohan. The raised capital will be used for expansion of the company.
52. Bulbul Apps founded by Prakash Dantuluri: Bulbulapps has raised an undisclosed amount of funding on global crowdfunding platform Kickstarter from over 60+ backers for its project – ‘TUK-TUK goes to Hyderabad’. TukTuk is a travel app designed for pre-school goers to help them discover his or her city with TukTuk (a 3-wheeler automobile) in a visual and interactive manner. The raised funds will be used to pay writers, illustrators, animators, voice over artists, musicians and app development, testing, and listing.
53. SavvyMob founded by Bikram S Sohal, Gappan Annamalai: An online marketplace that helps customers with last-minute hotel bookings, SavvyMob, has raised about $1 million in seed funding led by investors including TV Mohandas Pai and online fundraising platform LetsVenture. The startup will use the funds to expand to another 50 cities over the next year, strengthen the startup’s technology team and improve the product.
54. Freshmenu founded by Rashmi Daga: Online first restaurant FreshMenu has raised $16 million in a seed funding led by Zodius Capital. Existing investor Lightspeed Venture Partners also participated in the round. The deal values the startup at around $ 45 million.