Last updated on November 8th, 2014 at 05:52 am
Email marketing is marketing a commercial message directly to the people using emails. It is one of the most effective marketing tools for it is a very highly targeted advertising approach. In this type of marketing audiences by opting in to receive emails have given you consent to send them emails. Besides, the cost of sending a single email is almost negligible when compared to cost involved in other marketing channels respectively. On top of that e-mail marketing also allows businesses to undertake a personalized marketing approach. In short email marketing is
• Simple and quick
• Personal and customizable
• Relationship focused
• Action oriented
• More popular than social media
• Mobile and global
But this was just about how email marketing can help you, looking at the big picture; let’s see why it has become so crucial for your business at present.
Some stats and figures related with email marketing
• As of 2013, there are 3.6 billion email accounts
• 91% of consumers check their email daily
• 74% of consumers prefer to receive commercial communications via email
• The average click-through rate for B2B marketing emails in Q2 2013 was 1.7%
• 60% of marketers believe email marketing produces positive ROI
• 66% of consumers have made a purchase online as a result of an email marketing message
• Email marketing has an ROI of 4,300%
• 76% of email opens occur in the first two days after an email is sent
• 48% of emails are opened on mobile devices
• Email marketing as a channel was the third overall lead generation source for marketers in 2013, producing 13% of all leads.
• People who buy products marketed through email spend 138% more than people that do not receive email offers.
• 37% said that more than 20% of their inbox comes from marketers, and 53% said they’re happy with the number of marketing emails they get.
Hence, it is evident from the stats that selling your product through email marketing can be far easier than what it is in other marketing channels if you know the ways to carry it out effectively.
However, in spite of being a powerful marketing channel, there are a few challenges that are associated with email marketing and that you need to overcome them. To read about the main challenges of email marketing and their solution read our article here where we have explained it in detail. However, for now let’s go ahead and read about how email marketing works as this information will help you carry it out effectively.[useful_banner_manager banners=25 count=1]
The working of Email Marketing
Through your website, you provide such information or offers that will compel the visitors to sign up for your mailing list. For example, the visitors fill in your lead capture form on the landing page to redeem the offer that you’re providing in exchange for their information.
Once your email list has adequate amount of email recipients who have signed up to receive your emails, you can start sending out newsletters and emails to them. The best thing is that there are a lot of wonderful tools through which you can accomplish this task and you need not do it manually. Not just that, there are various other email softwares that even help you write your emails and newsletters.
At DSIM, the industry experts are in sync with the latest industrial trends and so to cater to the needs of trainees they provide a wide variety of tools to choose from which makes email marketing a piece of cake for the them.
Email Marketing is just one of the 15 components in DSIM’s advanced digital marketing training program wherein you will learn A-Z of email marketing that too with in-class hands on practical exposure. For more details you can download DSIM’s course curriculum or view the following image about all that is covered under video marketing.
Learn from real practitioners not just trainers.