Table of Contents
Talking about your favorite social media platforms???
I guess Facebook must be there….
It has become the world’s favorite social media network; having around 2.07 billion daily active users. And, is one of the best options for businesses hitting the social media market.
Here at DSIM, we love data and to prove why Facebook is so important, we’ve collected this huge list of Facebook statistics.
Let’s take a look and learn how stats can help in developing strategies to target the audience you want to reach on your favorite Social Media platform i.e. Facebook:
Facebook User Statistics
1) There are 2+ billion monthly active users.
2) There are 1.15 billion mobile daily active users.
3) There are 1.37 billion daily active users.
4) 47% of Facebook users only access the platform through mobile.
5) Facebook adds 500,000 new users every day; 6 new profiles every second.
6) On average, the Like and Share Buttons are viewed across almost 10 million websites daily.
7) Worldwide, 38.6% of the online population use Facebook.
8) Age 25 to 34, at 29.7% of users, is the most common age demographic.
Facebook Marketing Statistics
9) Facebook Pages posts average 2.6% organic reach.
10) Over 5 million businesses are using Facebook ads to reach their target audiences.
11) 94% of social media marketers are using the Facebook ad platform.
12) Facebook is the number one ad channel for both B2C and B2B companies.
13) 57% of consumers say social media influences their shopping, led by Facebook at 44%.
14) User-generated content has been shown to generate 6.9 times the engagement of brand-generated content.
15) Thursdays and Fridays between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. are considered by many to be the best times to post on Facebook.
16) Brands post an average of 8 times per day on Facebook.
Facebook Advertising Statistics
17) The average click-through rate (CTR) in Facebook ads across all industries is 0.90%.
18) Images account for 75-90% of Facebook Ad performance.
19) 20% of Facebook’s mobile ad revenue comes from Instagram.
20) Facebook stated advertising revenue of $9.16 billion in the second quarter of 2017, a 47% year-over-year increase.
21) 26% of Facebook users who clicked on ads reported making a purchase.
22) The most effective length for an ad title on Facebook is four words—15 words for a link description.
Facebook Usage Statistics
23) There are an estimated 81 million fake Facebook profiles.
24) 200 million people use Facebook Lite – the app for the developing world’s slow connections.
25) Users spend an average of 20 minutes per day on the site.
26) Hive is Facebook’s data warehouse, with 300 petabytes of data.
27) Facebook generates 4 new petabytes of data per day.
28) Facebook now sees 100 million hours of daily video watch time.
29) Users generate 4 million likes every minute.
30) More than 250 billion photos have been uploaded to Facebook.
Facebook Videos Statistics
31) People are 85% more likely to buy a product after viewing a product video.
32) The number of videos appearing in Facebook’s news feed has increased 3.6 times.
33) 85% of Facebook video is watched without sound.
34) People spend 3x more time watching a Facebook Live video on average compared to a video that’s no longer live.
35) Video posts generate 135% greater organic reach compared to photos.
36) Adding captions to videos increases the watch time by 12%, on average.
37) Around 100 million hours are spent on Facebook videos every day.
38) 1 million hours of video has been watched with Samsung Gear VR.
Facebook Demographic Statistics
39) 83% of women and 75% of men use Facebook.
40) 83% of Facebook users worldwide are under the age of 45.
41) 44% of Facebook users (18 & older) are women and 56% identified as men.
42) 39% of Facebook users report being married, while another 39% report being single.
Facebook Financial Statistics
43) Net income was $4.7 billion for the third quarter of 2017.
44) Facebook’s IPO raised $16 billion, making it the third largest in U.S. history.
45) Facebook is now the 4th most valuable brand in the world with a value of $73.5billion.
46) Facebook has 23,165 employees.
47) Mark Zuckerberg’s salary is only $1 a year.
Facebook Mobile Statistics
48) In Facebook News Feed, people consume a given piece of content faster on mobile than on desktop.
49) People can recall a piece of consumed mobile content for just 0.25 seconds.
50) 19% of time spent on mobile devices occurs on Facebook.
51) 47% of Facebook users exclusively access the platform through mobile.
Facebook Connectivity Statistics
52) The average Facebook user is separated from another given user by just 3.57 degrees of separation.
53) Facebook users consider, on average, just 28% of their Facebook friends to be genuine or close friends.
54) 83% of parents with a teen between the ages of 13 and 17 are friends with their child on Facebook.
55) 39% of users say they are connected to people they have never met in person.
56) 42% of Facebook customer service responses happen during the first 60 minutes.
57) 58% say they are connected to work colleagues.
58) Facebook is available in 101 languages, and over 300,000 users helped with translation.
Facebook Messenger Statistics
59) Facebook Messenger users: 2 billion people
60) Percentage of the world’s population that use Facebook Messenger monthly: 11%
61) Number of photos sent through Facebook Messenger per month: 17 million
62) Number of chatbots on Facebook Messenger: 30,000 bots
63) Number of businesses on Facebook Messenger: 60 million
64) >89% of users access Facebook on their mobile devices and they check Facebook 14 times a day.
Facebook Live Statistics
65) “Facebook live stream” search popularity has risen over 330% since Facebook Live’s rollout.
66) Facebook paid $2.2 million to influencers using Facebook Live.
67) Facebook Live videos are watched 3x longer than videos that aren’t live anymore.
68) Users comment on Facebook Live videos at 10x the rate of regular videos.
69) New Year’s Eve 2016 was Facebook Live’s biggest night yet.
70) Daily watch time for Facebook Live broadcasts has grown by more than 4X.
71) 1 in every 5 Facebook videos is a live broadcast.
Table of Contents