Consumer Internet Industry
1) TaxSutra Founded by Arun Anant, Arun Giri, and Ameya Kunte: Pune-based online tax information platform TaxSutra raised $366K in seed funding led by existing investors TV Mohandas Pai and V Balakrishnan (chairman of Exfinity Ventures), along with other existing and new investors. Former Wipro taxation head PV Srinivasan also participated in this round.
2) VOW CarClinic Founded by Harmeet Hora and Abhishek Menon: Gurgaon-based forend-to-end car servicing/repair marketplaceVOW CarClinic secured an undisclosed amount of funding led by Vishal Malik, CEO at Gemini Solutions and other IIT-D alumni.
3) GoFynd Founded by Farooq Adam: Fashion e-commerce portal Fynd raised an undisclosed amount of funding from former Snapdeal CPO, Anand Chandrasekaran. Rajiv Mehta (CEO of Arvind Sports Lifestyle Limited) and Ramakant Sharma (co-founder of Livspace) also participated in this round. The company plans to use the raised funds for marketing and enhancing its tech infrastructure.
4) ShopHop Founded by Anirban Poddar: Mumbai-based e-commerce marketplace, ShopHop (Pod Conceptions Services Pvt. Ltd) secured its angel round from an undisclosed private investor this month. According to sources – the total funding is a “little less than $100,000” and the startup will be using the acquired amount to boost its marketing efforts, offline sales and omnichannel distribution.
5) TempoGo Founded by Pranav Shirke and Aaditya Goyal: IoT and SaaS-based techno-logistics solution provider TempoGo raised $825K in its angel round of funding from K2 Capital of Hong Kong. TempoGO’s IoT-based software includes a GPS-based hardware unit that tracks vehicle’s location and speed. The SaaS layer includes trip management and fleet management software and a dashboard for actionable business intelligence using data analytics.
6) Learntron Founded by Subramanian Viswanathan, and Kuljit Chadha: Edtech startup Learntron secured an undisclosed amount of funding in its Pre-Series A round led by Mumbai-based Kae Capital. Learntron offers to the learning needs of both educational institutions and enterprises.
7) MobiDent Founded by Vivek Madappa, and Devaiah Mapangada: A dental care company MobiDent secured an undisclosed amount in Pre-Series A round of funding from New York-based DanGold Investment Corp. The raised funds will be deployed to expand in 12 new markets including metros and mini metros. Also, the startup is looking to hire 250 dentists and to strengthen cores such as digital technology, marketing & sales.
8) Yostra Founded by Vinayak Nandalike, Maruthy KN, Ram Mohan Rao and Sanjay Sharma: Medical technology startup Yostra Labs Pvt Ltd secured an undisclosed amount of funding from Marico Innovation Foundation (MIF) and social enterprise incubator Villgro. Yostra Labs, which has developed two devices to diagnose and treat complications arising out of diabetes, will utilize the money to complete the clinical validation of the products, Beta test them and manufacture them.
9) LEAP India Founded by Sunu Mathew: Mumbai-based supply chain solutions provider LEAP India secured $13million in its Series B funding from IndiaNivesh Growth Fund, Sixth Sense and TCI Ventures. The round saw participation from existing investors Mayfield and Marico’s Rishabh Mariwala, who manages Sharp Ventures, the family office of Marico founder and chairperson Harsh Mariwala also participated in the round.
Learn from real practitioners not just trainers.