Table of Contents
Consumer Internet Industry
1) Servify founded by Sreevathsa Prabhakar: Mumbai-based device management and ownership platform Servify secured $15 million in a Series B investment round led by Mumbai-based venture capital firm Iron Pillar. Other existing investors including Mumbai-based Blume Ventures and Singapore-based BEENEXT also participated in the funding round. The startup plans to deploy the new funds to add depth to its senior management and to also build new technology solutions for their clients.
2) Rooter founded by Akshat Goel and Piyush Kumar: New Delhi-based live sports social engagement platform Rooter secured $634.6 K in a Pre-Series A funding round from Venture Catalysts. The funding round also saw participation from VCats’ investors including Khalid Al Tawil, Anjali Malhotra, Pranay Nigotiya, Vishal Agarwal, Nishil Agarwal, Tharun Dhariwal, and Vivek Awasthi. The startup plans to utilize the funds to further expand its growing user base, offer a multilingual experience on apps and launch new web products aimed at mass adoption
3) Shubh Loans founded by Anand Barua, Monish Anand, Mudit Tyagi, Oriol Mirosa, Rahul Sekar and Tushar Patel: Bengaluru-based Datasigns Technologies Pvt Ltd, which runs fintech platform Shubh Loans, secured $4.2 million in a funding round from venture capital firm Saama Capital. Existing investors, including SRI Capital, Beenext, and Pravega Ventures, also participated in the round. The startup plans to use the capitals to expand its customer sourcing platform and invest more in enhancing its technology.
4) ZestMoney founded by Ashish Anantharaman, Lizzie Chapman and Priya Sharma: Bengaluru-based digital lending startup ZestMoney secured $13.4 million in an extended Series A round of funding from Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi. Existing investors PayU, Ribbit Capital and Omidyar Network also participated in the round. The startup plans to use the investment to reinforce its technology and data science capabilities as well as expand use cases for the core ZestMoney Affordability Product.
5) myUpchar founded by Manuj Garg and Rajat Garg: Delhi-based healthcare startup myUpchar raised $5 million from Nexus Venture Partners, Omidyar Network, and Shunwei Capital in a Series A funding round. The startup plans to use the funds to develop its product and technology offering. It will further strengthen its voice, video and virtual reality interfaces and also work on the development of newer interfaces.
6) Medcords founded by Shreyans Mehta: Pune-based digital medical platform Medcords raised $373.8 K led by Noida-based Naukri.com owner Info Edge. With this funding, Info Edge will take buy 11.37% stake in Medcords.
7) WheelsEye founded by Anshul Mimani and Manish Somani: Gurugram-based logistics startup WheelsEye raised $1 million led by Bengaluru-based venture capital firm Prime Venture Partners. The startup plans to utilize the funds to refine its product, which is still in the early stages of development.
8) MissMalini founded by Malini Agarwal: Mumbai-based entertainment-and-lifestyle content platform MissMalini closed a $1.4 million pre-Series A funding round from venture capital firms Orios Venture Partners and New Enterprise Associates (NEA). The company plans to deploy the funds to expand its leadership position with a focus on community building and to further expand its content, technology, analytics, and sales operations.
9) Playtoome founded by Keerthivasan Subramanian: Bengaluru-based entertainment solutions provider Playtoome secured $282 K in a Pre-Series A investment from Venture Catalysts. Arihant Patni, Bhaskar Raju Konduru, Goverdhan Singh Jamwal, Akhileshwaran Krishnan also participated in this funding round.
Table of Contents