Moving ahead in line with digital India, Indian railways launched a mobile application for paperless unreserved tickets. Developed by Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS) “utsonmobile” – the paperless unreserved ticketing feature in mobile application aims to eliminate the need for printing of unreserved tickets.
Suresh Prabhu launched the service aimed at easing the ticket process for both the TTE and the customers, “Indian Railways is heading towards Digital India to bring transparency in Indian Railways and thus these IT enabled applications have been launched.”
The app had been initially designed for South Indian cities but has been expanded to New Delhi, Mumbai, Secunderabad, Chennai and Kolkata.
Unreserved Paperless Mobile Ticketing supports Android and Windows operating system available in Google Play Store and Windows Store respectively.
Once the application is downloaded and installed, passenger has to register his mobile number through his smartphone or by visiting www.utsonmobile.indianrail.gov.in.
The application features the following:
• Quick Booking – book tickets on frequently travelled routes
• Normal Booking – Journey tickets on route of choice
• Cancel Ticket – cancel a ticket before taking a printout at the kiosk. This is not valid for paperless tickets
• Booking History – show older booked tickets
• Profile – Maintain the passenger information and R-Wallet balance
• Show Ticket – Displays the ticket for the TTE to scan and verify
• Logout – successfully log out from the application
Passengers can book tickets by following these steps:
- After downloading Utsonmobile, a passenger has to register his/her mobile number through the smartphone or by visiting the website.
- Upon successful registration, Railway Wallet (R-Wallet) will be created automatically with zero balance to the passenger. There will be no extra cost for creating R-Wallet.
- The R-Wallet can be recharged either at any of the UTS counter or through recharge option available in the website.
- Currently, Paperless Ticket can be booked for Journey Ticket, Season Ticket and Platform Ticket. Platform Ticket booking is allowed for some selected stations only.
- In case internet connection of the mobile is not up, then ticket booking is not allowed.
- No advance ticket booking is allowed i.e., the journey date will always be the current date.
- Ticket will be delivered in the mobile application itself. Whenever Ticket Checking Staff asks for it, the passenger will use ‘Show Ticket’ option in the app. The mobile should be GPS enabled and once booked the ticket cannot be cancelled.
There are some key points to be kept in mind while registering for the service. The mobile number entered during registration should be the same as the one being used while booking tickets. Mobile number will always be used as user id by default for login purposes. The city entered will be used to customize the application during booking, to show the source station for the passenger.
You can find more information about the stations list here.
[su_box title=”More From DSIM” box_color=”#c7c7c7″ title_color=”#000000″ radius=”5″]1) NEWS: DSIM unveils new center in Kolkata
Watch DSIM Trainees Celebrating Last Day of Batch