Google has launched a new SEO tool web.dev to let developers and site owners review the performance of their websites by providing analysis and recommendations.
The tool is currently in open beta and shows you how well your website follows SEO best practices.
The tool evaluates:
- Performance: Audits for metrics like first paint and time to interactive to determine lag.
- PWA: Assesses your page against the baseline Progressive Web App Checklist.
- Best Practices: Looks for everything from HTTPS usage to correct image aspect ratios.
- SEO: Checks for best practices to ensure your site is discoverable.
- Accessibility: Checks for common issues that may prevent users from accessing your content.
Steps to measure your site performance with this tool:
- First, visit Web.dev
- Click on ‘Test My Site’
- Enter your website URL
It evaluates the site and shows your score along with the areas of improvement, and shows you how you can improve your scores.
You can select to download the detailed report for further guidance on how to improve the site in each area. If you implement the recommended changes immediately, they will reflect on site only after 24 hours.
Learn from real practitioners not just trainers.