Last updated on July 18th, 2014 at 12:19 pm
Working from a database of both big-name providers and niche specialists, Directline Holidays has seen rapid growth and is now among the top ten most visited travel agent websites in the UK. Directline-Holidays.co.uk and its related websites witnessed over 2 million visitors and 10 million page views in summer 2008.
• Banner advertising, pop-ups and data collection methods seemed too distracting, took-up too much valuable space, were poorly targeted and generally offered a disappointingly low CPM
• Adsense account was setup
• Content based on resolution to the ongoing issues were created and published
• Adsense ads were tailored to the specification of Directline-Holidays.co.uk
• Ads were customized so that their colors matched the color palette of their host page.
• Ads and conversion rates were monitored and tested
• Ads were optimized based on their performance
Adsense not only generated significant amount of revenue for Directline-Holidays.co.uk but also helped in generating awareness about their brand.
Matt Adams, head of marketing, explains “We’re very pleased with revenue this is creating for us. It doesn’t appear to have any adverse impact on our profit per visitor which means that we consider all our AdSense revenue as net profit and an entirely new revenue stream.” Money from AdSense is reinvested back into the company, allowing further development of the Directline Holiday’s websites and brand. With a prudent approach to the number of ads on its site, Directline Holidays intend trialing different ad types over the coming quarters. Overall, Google AdSense has proven itself an invaluable revenue stream. AdSense has easily enabled us to monetize the flow of browsing traffic with the control to eliminate close competitors and minimize cannibalization.”
Words by Matt Adams, Head of Marketing, DirectLineHolidays.com
“Try it and test it. It’s unlocked the intrinsic value of our browsing visitors without impacting our sales. It’s easy to set-up and when you do, you’ll wish you’d done it sooner.”
Learn from real practitioners not just trainers.