Consumer Internet Industry
1) Be U Salons founded by Vikas Johari: Delhi-based chain of standardized salons, Be U Salons raised $619K in its Seed round of funding from a clutch of investors from UAE, Singapore, and India. The infused funds will be utilized to strengthen Be U’s position in North India, strengthen the back-end operations and tech infrastructure of the company, acquire core talent, and marketing.
2) Videoken founded by Manish Gupta: New Jersey- and Bengaluru-based VideoKen Inc secured $1 million in an angel funding round from Flipkart’s CTO, Ravi Garikipati; former Product Head Surot Chatterjee; former Engineering Head Ashish Agrawal; Chairman of Sutures India, LG Chandrasekhar; and partner at US-based SRI Capital LLC, Sashi Reddi. The raised funds will be deployed to improve artificial intelligence capabilities of the platform and enhance sales and marketing efforts.
3) Wooplr founded by Soumen Sarkar, Praveen Rajaretnam, Ankit Sabharwal, and Arjun Zacharia: Bengaluru-based fashion commerce platform Wooplr raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Ankit Nagori, Ex-CBO Flipkart, and co-Founder CureFit. He also joined as a full-time Board member at Wooplr.
4) Innefu Labs founded by Tarun Wig and Abhishek Sharma: Delhi-based artificial intelligence startup Innefu Labs raised $2 million in its Series A round of funding led by IndiaNivesh Venture Capital Fund. With this move, IndiaNivesh will also acquire a minority stake in the company. The startup will mainly use the funds to increase its AI platform for predictive intelligence and facial biometrics.
5) Whodat founded by Sriram Ganesh and Kaushik Das: Bengaluru-based augmented reality startup Whodat secured $600K in its latest round of funding from an early-stage venture fund, Ideaspring Capital. Whodat was formerly a part of Target Accelerator.
6) Absentia founded by Shubham Mishra: Bengaluru-based AI and virtual reality startup Absentia VR secured $1.2 million in its Pre-Series A round of funding led by Exfinity Venture Partners, TV Mohandas Pai, Deepak Ghaisas, Girish Paranjpe, and V Balakrishnan. The startup will use the funds to build its new offering, Norah AI, an artificial intelligence-driven solution.
7) IoTrek founded by Vishwakarma, Kamran Alam and Prerak Ujgare: Delhi-based IoTrek Technology Pvt. Ltd, which provides industrial Internet of Things (IoT) solutions for telecommunications, energy and solar grid management, raised $154K in seed funding from a consumer goods maker. The startup will use the funds to develop its product, build the team, and scale up operations.
8) ASADEL founded by Partha Guha Patra: Video analytics and enterprise safety company ASADEL Technologies Pvt. Ltd secured an undisclosed amount from Dheeraj Jain, managing partner at venture capital firm Redcliffe Capital, in exchange for a 10% stake. The startup provides an enhanced safety and security platform and an advanced video and image enhancement solution.
9) Myly founded by Gaurav Mundra: Jaipur-based Edu Commerce Technologies Pvt Ltd, which runs mobile-based education startup Myly, raised $3.1 million from Small Industries Development Bank of India. The fresh capital will be used to scale up the business and achieve profitability.
10) Ola cab founded by Bhavish Aggarwal: Cab-hailing firm Ola has decided to raise $250 million from existing shareholders, as it seeks to complaint up its finances to take on growing competition from US rival Uber Technologies Inc.
11) Credihealth founded by Gaurav Gaggar and Saurabh Uboweja: Gurugram-based medical assistance company Credihealth raised $1.5 million in a Pre-Series A funding round from Tolaram Inc., Mountain Pine Capital, Bala Swaminathan, ex-KPMG Partner and one of the earliest investors in the platform. The funding will primarily be used to augment technology and infrastructure to expand services and introduce new products. Also, Credihealth aims to expand operations and fund new services to address the non-clinical pain points of patients.
12) Navia Life Care founded by Kunal Kishore Dhawan: Delhi-based health tech startup Navia Life Care raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding round led by Benori Ventures LLP. The raised funds will be used for technology and business development.
Food & Beverage Industry
13) Raw Pressery founded by Anuj Rakyan: Mumbai-based Rakyan Beverages, the parent firm behind packed juice brand Raw Pressery raised $543K funding from Bollywood’s Jacqueline Fernandez. The new funding pegs the company’s valuation at around $18.6 million. With the raised funds, Rakyan plans to improve upon the company’s manufacturing and marketing segments.
14) Snackible founded by Aditya Sanghavi: Mumbai-based health snacks seller Snackible secured $175K in an angel funding round from Nibhrant Shah, founder of Isprava and Themis; Anandbir Singh, founder of Anandini Financial Services; Anirudh Sheth, founder of Wealth Whispers; Pratik Singhi, CEO of Lakshya Consulting; Jitendra Mahnot, CEO of Startech Engineers India; and Mastercard executives Vikram Mehta and Murali Nair. The raised funds will be deployed for expanding operations in India and abroad as well as marketing and hiring across verticals.
15) Holachef founded by Anil Gelra and Saurabh Saxena: Mumbai-based food tech startup Holachef secured $5 million in its extended Series B round of funding from Kalaari Capital, SIDBI Venture Capital and India Quotient. The round was completed in two tranches – in April 2016 and October 2016, and values the startup at around $22 million. The fresh funds will be utilized to strengthen its logistics and in opening its first customer-facing offline kiosk in Mumbai.
Learn from real practitioners not just trainers.